GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Tis how it appears; to the layman, no?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have a debt with Black Horse which I stopped paying a year ago. In February I had a letter from dlc which said "Black Horse Ltd no longer own your account, your account is owned by dlc". Pay up basically. So I asked them to prove it. They sent back a Notice of Assignment dated before I even took out the loan Are they psychic or what? It didn't have my name or anything on it and the covering letter said they had removed all the "commercially sensitive" details. Like my name? Never heard from dlc again. I regularly check the CRAs and it's still showing Black Horse updating each month. Maybe worth checking dlc are telling the truth

Comment

Cheers guys just had another letter from dlc saying they havent heard from me in a while!(whats that all about!) and could I get intouch, now as I understand it arnt CCJ'S set by the court and you pay that amount and thats it, I also noticed the o/s balance has gone down so they must be getting the standing order money, I dont know ????can anyone make head or tale of it?? cheers, btw planB I did get a letter off blackhorse but its still puzzling, sounds like they want more money out of me, ha ha fuckin dream on!!!

incidently(I will start another thread for this) dial direct wanted to charge me 15 quid for not signing the credit agreement for my house insurance so I told them to fuck off and whistle for it (on principle of course), now they've sent me a cancellation charge for a policy I never signed for , am I going soft or is this another gang of idiots trying it on again.
        cheers everyone
        Last edited by DAVEB71; 30 October 2011, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I have a debt with Black Horse which I stopped paying a year ago. In February I had a letter from dlc which said "Black Horse Ltd no longer own your account, your account is owned by dlc". Pay up basically. So I asked them to prove it. They sent back a Notice of Assignment dated before I even took out the loan Are they psychic or what? It didn't have my name or anything on it and the covering letter said they had removed all the "commercially sensitive" details. Like my name? Never heard from dlc again.
          All the same, ensure you keep that alleged Notice of Assignment safely, as you may need it at some future date.

Was it a simple error that might have been the result of a typing error, such as "20 January 2001" rather than "20 January 2011"?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            All the same, ensure you keep that alleged Notice of Assignment safely, as you may need it at some future date. Was it a simple error that might have been the result of a typing error, such as "20 January 2001" rather than "20 January 2011"?
            Nah, the date's hand written under the missing signature on a 'bulk buy' NOA And Blackhorse are still updating on the CRAs.

The joke is this is the only one of my CCAs which is 1,000 % enforceable (taken out in 2008) but they didn't pursue me after I asked to see the NOA. So after 8 months of silence I offered to pay £4.25 pcm the same as my agreed DMP deal which they accepted by return of post .

So I've got a shiny black Mini Auto with alloy wheels, electric roof, CD player, the whole kit and caboodle for just 0.98p a week on an interest free loan from dlc. I'm not bothered who owns the damn debt
            Last edited by PlanB; 31 October 2011, 12:40. Reason: spelling - why do you keep asking me the obvious?

Comment

cheers CleverCloggs and PlanB, so you think issuing dlc with an NOA is the way to go, like I said they arnt getting another bean out of me, all for a long since gone shite couch from dfs which I've been paying off for time!! cheers again fellas

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEB71 View Post
                cheers CleverCloggs and PlanB, so you think issuing dlc with an NOA is the way to go, like I said they arnt getting another bean out of me, all for a long since gone shite couch from dfs which I've been paying off for time!! cheers again fellas

Dave
                You cannot issue a Notice of Assignment, as you cannot assign the account! Just ignore them, when they write back then let us know.....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  You cannot issue a Notice of Assignment, as you cannot assign the account!
                  Are you sure he could not assign his right to be hassled interminably, or his right to pay towards that alleged debt?

Comment

Thanks guys I will let you know if I hear from them.

Comment

Hi everyone
                      heard from dlc again this time with a dd form asking me to fill it in and return it, which I am obviously not going to do, but again I repeat the ccj amount was set by the courts as I understand it so what do you think the crack is with these?? and has anyone ( :niddy ) got any advice on what to issue them with ......any death warrant templates on this site?? ha ha !!

cheers everyone

Dave

ps how can I get all this dlc info onto a new thread?

Comment

Don't know whethr there's a template for it, or a Niddy Special could be composed, but you might like to threaten litigation against them for Breach of a Court Order - you could have the District Judge as a witness!

Comment

Thanks BBoo, thats very interesting I wasn't aware thats what they are doing, I think you're right it has to be a Nddy special!
                          If your out there mate and got time would you have a look at this for me.

Cheers BBoo

Dave

Comment

It sounds like this bunch of chancers are trying to assess whether its worth them going back to the court for a redetermination of the CCJ.

You do not want to give them any indication that your circumstances have improved (if they have) and if they have not then any response you send to them needs to be clear on this point:

There is a CCJ for this debt.

You are paying the amount determined by the court and have not missed a payment.

Your financial circumstances have not changed since the CCJ was entered.

Continued correspondance asking for financial information, increase in payments etc will be considered harrassment.

Best

SnV
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers SnV

I thought it sounds like they are snooping so I think a letter stating the above sooner rather than later would be wise, I have actually been paying double what the court set just to get it paid quicker, but to be clear even with a ccj even though I have had a noa from blackhorse telling me dlc have took over the debt, they, dlc, would have to take me back to court to get more money? and therefore I am not obliged to fill any dd form in, as the account that the standing order that the debt was paying into is still active and I,ve not changed it because they've not instructed me with new so details, I have another ccj which I pay to weightmans and they have changed the people I am paying to on a few ocasions but they just informed me of this I never had to set a new so up or anything,

weird??

cheers

Dave

Comment

I have actually been paying double what the court set just to get it paid quicker
                                Ironically this may be whats worked against you. They are seeing you paying double so think theres the possibility theres more money to be had............

But to be clear even with a ccj even though I have had a noa from blackhorse telling me dlc have took over the debt, they, dlc, would have to take me back to court to get more money?
                                As I understand it they would have to apply for a redetermination and demonstrate that you could afford to pay more.

Its a slightly risky strategy of course, as you could also demonstrate that you can't afford the current repayment and ask for a redetermination to pay LESS.

and therefore I am not obliged to fill any dd form in, as the account that the standing order that the debt was paying into is still active and I,ve not changed it because they've not instructed me with new so details, I have another ccj which I pay to weightmans and they have changed the people I am paying to on a few ocasions but they just informed me of this I never had to set a new so up or anything
                                Depends on the type of assignment......... you're correct not to fill in the DD form, they should provide you with bank details to alter your standing order.
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X