GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Dave

Good luck mate

Swearings bad ya fucker
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ha ha cheers mate, I know, I 'm fucking murder for it arn't I

Dave

Comment

Hi all,

just read through this capquest letter(btw revised letter and cheque sent off), and they said, as I stated that my complaint was regarding unlawful charges and intersest, which they have now removed, complaining to the FOS would be, in so many words futile, as they say that the FOS are there to resolve disputes between creditors and consumers and as this dispute relates to interest and charges applied to my account which they have now removed and gave me a 50% discount on the balance, they(cq) believe they have acted accordingly in relation to my complaint...

what do you think, surely it can't be as simple as that?

Comment

It's nonsense. However irrelevant as you're going with counter offer. Maybe they'd do well to realise that of you go to the FOS they'll have a £500 FOS mediation fee plus the FOS may award £250 to you as well so they'll be at least £500-£750 worse off IF you complain.

I'd not waste my time - yet!! See what this £200 offer does yea,?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy,

once again confidence restored, anyway if it all goes tits up I could always use the 300 quid to travel down there to do a bit of collecting of my own,,,,teeth,,,, ha ha,,,only joking,(its good for moral)

Comment

This won't go tits up. No worries there mate.

I suspect they'll cash your cheque - that's the key point here

Comment

I know it won't mate, cheers for everything, you've been a legend! Dave
                Last edited by DAVEB71; 6 September 2011, 11:35.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  just a little update, sadly capquest didn't accept my £200 offer,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,they have offered me a further 10% off bringing it to £242.72, payable in 2 payments, on my terms, dealing with one specific person and,,,,,,,,an extension of time, (as set out by me), given in which to pay the two payments in, I have accepted this one.
                  unbelieveable!!!! from £1200 to £200, I never thought these bastards would budge, so thanks a million Niddy, you've been a star throughout, and to everyone that even gave this thread time of day, I really appreciate it, this has been quite a rollercoaster ride for me, its just nice to know there are still decent, genuine people out there.

So cheers all

Dave

Comment

ahh you should have held out matey - never mind, it's a good deal...

Well done

Comment

Hi all,
                      sending the first of two f&f settlement cheques off today and along with a covering letter I wanted to put something on the back stating that by cashing the cheque they are accepting the first part of their proposed settlement blah blah blah, just wondering if anyone has a bit of advice as I dont trust these bastards(capquest).

cheers

Dave

Comment

Personnally, Dave I would endorse the cheques with nothing, jiust that nothing. Make it clear in the covering correspondence which amounts and which accounts they are for and leave it at that.

Subsequently if there is a dispute they can then never throw Commissioners of Inland Revenue v Fry at you using the excuse that all cheques are cashed routinely and the letters are read properly at a later date.

They MUST have read the letter to pay the monies into your account(s) etc.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                          Personnally, Dave I would endorse the cheques with nothing, jiust that nothing. Make it clear in the covering correspondence which amounts and which accounts they are for and leave it at that.

Subsequently if there is a dispute they can then never throw Commissioners of Inland Revenue v Fry at you using the excuse that all cheques are cashed routinely and the letters are read properly at a later date.

They MUST have read the letter to pay the monies into your account(s) etc.

regards
                          Garlok
                          Agreed thanks Garlok - Dave, just send the bloody cheques mate and get this closed and finished

Comment

Ha ha thanks Nid and thank you garlock much appreciated, have done cheque mate all sent, (photo copied them in true "enemy of the state" fashion!), incidentally another little query, which I will have to start a new thread on, I have/had a CCJ with blackhorse and been paying them for a good few years as per the judgement, this morning I recieved a letter from blackhorse and a company called direct legal & collections, saying they now have the debt as bought from blackhorse, is this quite common? and is it any cause for concern? or.....does it give me a chance to negotiate with them or get out of it, or is it a done deal as its a CCJ.

cheers guys

Dave
                            Last edited by DAVEB71; 26 September 2011, 10:22.

Comment

You can still negotiate with dlc. No worries there mate.

Thing is if you're paying why have they sold it....? Hmmmmm

Comment

Hmmmmm,

Absolutely Nids.
                                They sold it because either they have a non compliant agreement, no agreement, or they are doing what is oh so common - they can't be bothered to deal with it any further, so sell it on and the balance becomes a tax write off...
                                -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Working...
                                X