GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Originally posted by DAVEB71 View Post
    letter sent today mate but been told on another site that its to aggressive and unlikely to get a favorable result, it has your head doing f**king cart wheels
    Probably MSE right? Well yes it was a wee strong but take it from someone who has sent plenty of letters to DCA's over the last 2 years its only the strong ones they take notice of.

Hi everyone, crapquest got back to me today, recieved 2 seperate letters one saying its been passed to the relavant dept, the other from a more senior dept saying they have now put my account on hold to investigate and will look into it, it also says about complaints procedure and I should make one, and not to go to the FOS till they,ve given their conclusion, oh yeh, and how they try to collect debts fairly as well ??? ha ha, I will post the response letters up later if I am able, I am alot more optimistic about this now as I thought it would be a flat out fook off! (ye of little faith!! ha ha---cheers Niddy)
    So likely result is they will investigate your complaint and then reject it, you can then go to the ombudsman and make your complaint there.

If they're sensible they will let this drop at this point but DCA's are not known for being sensible! Fingers crossed for you though. Lets hope they get a good
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I've committed myself now mate and if they do reject it then I suppose its gloves off, and quiet frankly on reflection I'm glad I sent the letter as it was (plus a few personals thrown in) as they are rat b*****ds who deserve a good kicking as often as one can be doled out, they wind you up don't they, but thanks for the support though.

Comment

Reducing your Offer from £303 to £200

Bit of an update here - seems our letter did the trick after all....

Recent PM from Dave:
        Hi Niddy
        thought I would pm you before I post up the capquest reply letter which I recieved today as their conclusion after the investigation, now remember that they wanted £1160 off me but with the interest taken off off the balance was £610, now they gave me 2 options I can pay back the £610 at an agreed rate, or they have offered me a 50% reduced settlement 0f £303 payable in 6 x £50 odd quid payments or one off, I did offer them initially in the letter £123 to add to money already paid as to meet the settlement figure offered in 2008, (thats the bit I changed), so I'm made up mate, over the fuckin moon.

£300 quid as opposed to £1200 quid is amazing, I never really expected this, needless to say mate its all thanks to your letter, if it wasnt for your advice I would still be running up my own arse with this. I am also starting to get why your approach is so blunt and straight to the point, as it seems aparent it the only language these understand, as I did dither at first due mainly to conflicting advice, but thought fuck it in the end, go for it, and it paid off,, best of all I feel that there is a way through these arseholes, you just need pointing in the right direction with the right advice, so thanks again mate for yours,

signed a TRUE convert!!
        Thanks for this Dave, much appreciated and even better news is the fact that they have agreed to take £303 as opposed to the full whack!

Ok, now what I propose is being cheeky and seeing if they'll drop lower, I mean like proper low - therefore, in any case to settle and close things here, consider sending the following:
        Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account and your recent letter dated xx/xx/2011 in which you propose settlement of £303.

I cannot afford the amount stated, plus in light of all the interest and unlawful charges paid to date I still feel that £303 is too high and instead, I propose a single payment of £200 in complete settlement of this account; thus meaning you agree that this account will be closed, in totality, with no further comeback regards to any possible written-off balance.

The alternative is the possibility that one of my other creditors will come back and accept my offer made to them, thus reducing the amount available here delaying things into a several month payment plan - this can be avoided by simple acceptance of my payment of £200 for full settlement and closure of this account.

To summarise, I am more than happy to settle for a single one-off payment of £200 to be made within 7 days of receiving your response, so long as this response agrees with and ensures that the following actions will be carried out;
        1. You accept £200 in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance;
        2. The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”;
        3. The Current Balance will appear as £0.00;
        4. The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00;
        5. You will update the entries on all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit
        If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper, confirming that you're happy for a single payment of £200; and I'll then send a cheque in the next day so we can close this and move on.

I look forward to your response and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to end matters on a more positive note.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya Niddy, thanks for the reply and letter mate, yes I agree I think it best to pay them off in a one-er as I dont trust them to pay over a period of time, regardless of how "REASONABLE" a time limit they offer, as they will probably say they never recieved such and such payment and therefore defaulted and we are back to square one, as with these people, its obvious it aint over till its over.

Dave

Comment

Hiya Niddy, thanks for the reply and letter mate, yes I agree I think it best to pay them off in a one-er as I dont trust them to pay over a period of time, regardless of how "REASONABLE" a time limit they offer, as they will probably say they never recieved such and such payment and therefore defaulted and we are back to square one, as with these people, its obvious it aint over till its over.

Dave
            See letter matey, get that sent off and see what happens but I am hopeful this will draw conclusion to this fiasco
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya Niddy

just been browsing through a few of your posts and didn't realise how much shite you have going on of your own, so regarding the info sent in the pm mate whenever or if ever you find the time, cheers Nid (nearly there!!)

Dave

Comment

letter sent today mate but been told on another site that its to aggressive and unlikely to get a favorable result, it has your head doing f**king cart wheels
                It wasn't the green site, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  It wasn't the green site, was it?
                  It may well have been CAG you know

However this is kinda sorted as far as I know..... we're just working on getting a lower offer

Comment

Hiya CleverClogs

I started on the "green site" where I was directed to CAG and from there directed to here, the comment you quoted was from CAG, but look mate, I am brand new to this so I could of been asking fuckin Idi Amin for advice and I wouldn't have known the difference, to be honest I thought it was a bit forward, but you have to try to see it for what it was, and that was to stick it in and break it off!! I realise now thats Niddys language, and reading through his experiences I'm not suprised he talks like that, but I still question everything , its all been a leap of faith for me, but results speak for themselves and credit where credit is due, as it was Nids letter that got me their in the end so I'm sticking with Niddy and this site, thats not to say that the people I spoke to on the other sites weren't genuine cos I believe they were so I'm not gonna slag people off I dont know either, but if by chance they were bullshitting or DCA's in disguise, then what goes around comes around, believe me!! or if they were genuine , then thanks very much for your input but I think for me that I'm at the right place I need to be, getting the right advice from the right people, now I can't be fairer than that can I, hope this answers your question mate or anyone elses who read through the thread.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Dave,

Good result thus far, what we have to remember is that all the other template letters flying around are bog standard ones which the banks are well aware of so do not read it all and do not take note.

The banks know those templates have been sent with no or very little thought from the sender.

The letters on this site have been put together with thought and as well as being blunt and to the point also contain all the pieces of legislation and guidance in great detail which the ones on other sites leave out.

These letters leave the reader in no doubt that you are clued up and will not take there bullshite.

Regards

Comment

Hiya pompeyfaith
                        that was one of my biggest gripes with any site, bog standard template letters, but regarding this matter I never bothered using any other letters from anywhere but here, for exactly the reason you stated (I'm suspicious by nature), I always assumed that DCA's and banks would be full of bog standard template letters and bored to death with them, and the one prepared for me obviously wasn't but it does take a while, an element of trust,(for me at least) and a bit of looking into, for the penny to drop, as theres a lot of bad guys out there, but I agree with what you said 100%.

Cheers

Comment

Dave,

It is for that reason also that niddy regularly updates his letters on this site to take into account the latest changes to court case law and judgements aswell as changes to legislation.

Regards

Comment

Hi pompeyfaith,

thanks for your post, its quite obvious from reading Niddys past posts that the guy is very well versed and very switched on when it comes to consumer law, besides that he seems to have an inherent desire to help people, which you don't come across too much nowadays, that is people willing to put themselves out for others, (thats as much arse kissing your getting from me Niddy ha ha!!)
                            With regards to the updating and personalising the template letters I would of expected nothing less as he is obviously very passionate about this stuff, so you don't need to sell Niddy or this site to me, as I,m sold, 100%, as too many people give lip service to all kinds of issues on a daily basis but,,,,,,the proof is in the pudding here, ie the results,,, and up to now its all been good, like I said previously I just speak my mind, good or bad, and I wouldnt apologise for it, as I like to find people out for myself, as 2nd hand praise is no recommendation, and hopefully as I am now fully committed, you guys will continue to pass on your excellent advice, as put it this way, 3 months ago I knew fuckall about this stuff and I thought that my current situation was my lot,,,,,now I know different.

So cheers pompeyfaith for the post, and to Niddy of course and anyone else who has helped me and continues to help me with this capquest bollocks

Dave
                            Last edited by DAVEB71; 2 September 2011, 21:57.

Comment

Hiya Niddy
                              thanks for getting back to me, there is no lack of trust issue now mate, as I said I expected as straight fuck off from the get go, so I will do as you advise and send another copy of the letter with your additional comments as set out above and if you save me £103 quid mate, I will happily donate to the site not £3 quid but at least £23 quid no problems, as you've saved me a wedge thus far regardless of there next reply.
                              much appreciated mate for all your help

Dave

Comment

Hi everyone

the revised 2nd settlement letter ready for CQ, gonna write that statement about cashing the cheque on the back of the cheque also just a to make sure,,,(a little paranoia is good for the soul ha ha!!), as well as I' ve just read through my posts and didn't realise how much I swear!! bad lad!!,,,,from now on I shall express myself in a more cordial manner,,,, ha ha

keep you posted guys

Dave
                                Last edited by DAVEB71; 4 September 2011, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X