GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DISPUTING OUTSTANDING BALANCE TO CAPQUEST

Ahh shit sorry mate - i'll try do it first thing....

Been heaving lately i'm afraid
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy, don't worry about it mate you did tell me how busy you were, so as always much appreciated

Dave

Comment

Hiya

Sorry for the delay - been rather busy! Letter to send is shown below, obviously this goes to the DCA that's hassling you and you also need to cease any payments - send that (recorded delivery) and let me know what they say back to you.....

best of luck

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

Further to my previous correspondence, it has been noted that despite having written agreement that no interest or charges will be applied to this account, you've went ahead an unnecessarily added charges thus doubling the overall debt.

My letter today is to seek clarity and guidance on the closure of this account, prior to formally complaining to the relevant bodies, also requesting the Ministry of Justice and Office of Fair Trading check your suitability to hold and retain a consumer credit licence. Court action against you is not to be ruled out at this stage either - if I obtain judgment then a county court judgment against you will affect your ability to obtain credit in the future - this matter will not go away.

The events to date relate to this being a disputed debt that you seem to have purchased. The original value of the debt was only £1300, yet I've been paying you religiously meaning I've paid well over £700, so the balance should be less than £600 now - not the £1200 you claim. As such, I am now formally ceasing all payments as I feel you've been paid in full already, you're just taking the mickey by adding these unlawful charges, if you prefer I will go via the FOS which will result in a £500 mediation fee being applied at outset, plus they may agree to a refund of charges meaning you'd be worse off than the balance you 'claim' is owed. Considering I would look at legal action, if the FOS did not act appropriately in my favour, all in all I think it would be for all parties to consider this account closed and settled.

You will never receive another penny from me and I welcome any legal action that you may attempt as it will afford me the opportunity, at your cost, to explain to the courts how you've treated me. My point being, I calculate the balance to be less than £600 (if that) so based on the fact the FOS will charge you £500, coupled with my charges paid reclaim, you'll actually be worse off thus I feel total resolution by way of mutual agreement to settle and walk away being the best course of action.

I really have little more to say to you, however be warned I will not tolerate your abuse of process any longer and expect a full response within the next 14 days prior to my formal complaint being sent to the regulatory bodies.

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This part in para 2 can be erased if you don't like it - I just thought it was funny reversing what they say to us all the time
          if I obtain judgment then a county court judgment against you will affect your ability to obtain credit in the future - this matter will not go away.

Comment

Cheers Niddy I will get on it later today, thanks again mate,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEB71 View Post
              Cheers Niddy I will get on it later today
              Mate i'm not wanting you to shag it - you need to post it

Comment

take it as a compliment, I shag all the good ones!

Comment

Hi Niddy, I can't recall getting anything from capquest saying this, or have you picked up on something I may have overlooked
                  "it has been noted that despite having written agreement that no interest or charges will be applied to this account"

Comment

Hi Niddy, I can't recall getting anything from capquest saying this, or have you picked up on something I may have overlooked
                    "it has been noted that despite having written agreement that no interest or charges will be applied to this account"
                    Stop worrying, have you sent that bloody letter yet mate?

Comment

sending it today mate so will keep you posted, cheers

Comment

sending it today mate so will keep you posted, cheers
                        Okies - cheers matey

Comment

letter sent today mate but been told on another site that its to aggressive and unlikely to get a favorable result, it has your head doing f**king cart wheels

Comment

letter sent today mate but been told on another site that its to aggressive and unlikely to get a favorable result, it has your head doing f**king cart wheels
                            Well each to their own mate, I'd rather you never copied MY material and pasted it elsewhere mind. However that said, the templates here are proven to work so whatever those on the other site said, if you prefer their softly softly approach best of luck - i'll see you in 6 months time when you're back here tail between your legs as the softly approach just does not work....

Point is, these templates work - damn right they do lol

Comment

tail between my legs!! ha ha easy tiger I was only saying, as I'm not as clued up about all this consumer stuff as you lot are on whichever site you come from, as like anything else, its not like its something face to face that you can handle there and then as these DCA letters, threats etc can be quite daunting, frustrating and wear you down when your not used to it, as Im sure you know, I do of course appreciate your help and I didnt post anything publically, but point noted

Cheers
                              Dave
                              Last edited by DAVEB71; 19 July 2011, 15:32.

Comment

Hi everyone, crapquest got back to me today, recieved 2 seperate letters one saying its been passed to the relavant dept, the other from a more senior dept saying they have now put my account on hold to investigate and will look into it, it also says about complaints procedure and I should make one, and not to go to the FOS till they,ve given their conclusion, oh yeh, and how they try to collect debts fairly as well ??? ha ha, I will post the response letters up later if I am able, I am alot more optimistic about this now as I thought it would be a flat out fook off! (ye of little faith!! ha ha---cheers Niddy)

Comment

Working...
                                X