GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shop Direct No CCA- Very account? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Direct No CCA- Very account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shop Direct No CCA- Very account?

In a nutshell this ain't over yet. Last year seen someone get a no cca letter to then last week, 9 months layer, suddenly get a recon. Ooops - good job they listened to me first time round and never told them what they'd done wrong as they still fucked up based on the faulty recon (wrong name used). Now, had that person wrote in 9 months ago saying nar nar you're a bunch if muppets cos you got my name wrong - they'd be gutted right now cos I promise you, that recon would NOT have had the wrong name on it

Make better sense now? ALWAYS keephold of your ace card. ALWAYS!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okay Niddy now you have explained it all makes sense right now

So even knowing i have a letter stating they are not going to chase the debt up they can still bring it up later on in time??

Cheers for your time

Mr Boom

Comment

Niddy is right Mr BB. Its not only McGuffick either there is other case law on defaults but it really is nebulous ground. I can give you the exact legal advice we had in our troubles when we first intructed solicitors. It is this:-

"Take it on the nose that your credit files will be trashed. They will do it anyway, justly or unjustly. Accept it its better than carrying on paying them"

Professional legal advice bought and paid for. It really is not worth the hassle unless there are very compelling reasons. Also remember that every case that is lost weakens the ground the rest of stand on and the grounds of those few professionals out there who are prepared to take up the cudgels on our behalf.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Mr BoomBaztic View Post
          Okay Niddy now you have explained it all makes sense right now

So even knowing i have a letter stating they are not going to chase the debt up they can still bring it up later on in time??

Cheers for your time

Mr Boom
          Exactly - it is never totally ue unless directed by a judge which is so rare it's still beating
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have to say Baz - that does actually make sense. In the e-mails I've said it's still a good result and it is - you should rightly feel proud that you've taken them on and won the battle.

It's easy to get carried away in the euphoria and I think maybe I was as I was genuinely really pleased for you. However, keeping your aces up your sleeve is good advice as if they do reappear, you've still got things to throw at them.

As the saying goes, "You need to know when to stop!" This does not preclude a complaint in the future, but now is not, on reflection, the right time.

Still think you're doing brilliantly with your DMP though!

Comment

Right so we agree? Celebrate the mini victory and forget it for now.

Best thing all round....

Comment

Okay guys and gals i have decided....

File the letter and let it go, Like you all said great result with it and no more paying them...

Okay just got to keep onto Halifax to stop the bloody interest they are the worst bank EVER to deal with

Thanks

Mr Boom

Comment

HBOS - to beat them, stop paying.

Wait 91 days and it then goes external - you'll then be able to sort a good agreement

Comment

Really just stop paying them??

I am on a monthly plan they charge me 1% intrest

Comment

A good dca that's desperate to get paid won't charge anything

What's the account type and the balance and when did you take it out?

Don't do anything yet obviously

Comment

Sorry for the late reply

I have 4 accounts with HBOS

1 X loan £6500 - 12 Months old
                        1x Credit Card £480 - 2 years old
                        1 x Credit card £1900- 12 months old
                        1X Urranged overdraft £260 - 4 months

Cheers

Mr Boooom
                        All of which are on a payment plan except the loan as i only pay them £1 a month they defaulted me on the loan but i am yet still to here on what is happpening with that

Comment

Any Ideas guys???

Hows everyone getting on?

Comment

Hiya

all the accounts are too new to consider fighting UE with so really a dmp is your best port of call to be frank.....

Sorreeee - just the way it is i'm afraid. Obviously consider reclaiming any missold insurance/unlawful charges but otherwise a dmp may be best for you as a long term solution.....

Its only £3k and to easy to remedy so try using the offer templates to cease interest etc (see website)...

Thats my opinion i'm afraid - see what others think though, no harm....

Comment

Yeah cheers mate,

They are currently all in a DMP at the moment, Just wanted to make sure i am doing the best for my situation!!!

When you said just done pay them to get a better deal do you still stand by that Niddy?

Comment

I didn't realise the amounts mate and for the small sum involved the charges are silly if you stop paying so I'd suggest you continue with dmp. If however you can get £1500 then let me know and we'll get em to accept LESS than that as full & final for you.

That's what I'd suggest to be fair. Sorry mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X