GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    Thank you Paul.

I really did not want this to descend like this. I think you know where I and most others stand and that is firmly with you.

I wanted to make sure that everyone had the information directly to hand so that they were aware of what they were dealing with and had the opportunity to make up their own minds.

But I for one am not prepared to be branded a "debt dodger", a "debt avoider", "stupid" or talked down to any longer. I have provided the information, i have provided the discussion.

It is for my/our colleagues on this forum to make up their own minds as I said. I do not subscribe now to any other forum other than this one as my time is limited in more ways than one and would choose to spend what I have on helping others to get through the problems we have been through and are going through without hassle demonstrated by one only on this thread.

regards
    Garlok
    Im 100% behind you there

People dont go out of their way to get lumbered with debt, it happens for a number of reasons.

Then rather than help people, the banks go out of their way to hinder you, take Keith Harrison for example, he did everything right and told his bank (MBNA) of his financial circumstances and yet what happened? MBNA fookin put his interest rate up 15% and bowled him over so he was left in such a position that he simply couldnt afford to pay his debt.

Now some will say "well he should have had a charge on his home" that being the politically correct anti debt avoidance brigade.

However my view is that the way the bank acted was scandelous and they should have been punished for what they did.

I would never accept a client who went out of their way to borrow money with the intention of never paying it back, however, i do not think there is any one registered with this forum that fits that mould. Whatever the reason, people who find their way here do so to obtain help and support to stand up for their rights.

Rather than make them feel like something that you tread in walking down the street by labeling them debt avoiders, i think that we should offer them support, advice and help on using the law to protect their rights

anyone who disagrees ought to post over on credit today as here is clearly not the right forum for them

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
      quite agree, banter is good, insulting inflaming attacks are not.
      Absolutely correct.

That is what moderators are for. Best to quickly remove or perhaps edit "insulting, inflaming attacks" asap rather than wait for 50 posts to build on top of them.

Comment

Oh no DS not more cigars again?

Comment

No, I'm being serious.

Comment

Well ive never been one for heavy handed moderation to be honest. I prefer to leave the offending coments there as quite often when people read through a thread, they do realise pretty darn quick who the wallies are

Comment

I agree it can be helpful to let people realise what is being said by whom and why. Most then realise what or who should or should not be valued
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, and that's how you feel. But others feel differently (clearly they do) and they cannot edit or remove posts that, in your words, are "insulting, inflaming attacks" that have no place.
                Last edited by The Debt Star; 23 June 2011, 16:33.

Comment

To be labelled as a:
                  debt dodger;
                  debt avoider;
                  stupid or;
                  talked down?

Most certainly does not sit comfortably with me, ether!

Comment

Well the way I see it we are all here exercising our right to use the various statute laws, case laws, regulations and guidelines which were enacted to protect the citizens of this country.

The government did not enact them so we could dodge our debts they enacted them to give us an equal footing in the courts.

Regards

Comment

So are we decided that there's no place for adult discussion and this thread be closed?

If not, someone please enlighten us as to what it is that's the problem?

Nobody on this site is being called any of the above; it simply will not happen or yes, posts will be moderated with threads closed, cleaned and put back again! Point here is, pb has suggested the stigma attaches itself with people that cite unenforceability, we're disputing that theory is nonsense.

So do we keep this one isolated thread in place to contain these comments or let it spill onto the open forums? I know which I'd prefer. If I see one post by any user that directly calls another user one of these names, they will be instantly banned from AAD. That's our promise to the users here so please, don't get worked up.

I suspect even Peter knows we're watching this thread like a hawk.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Am I right in thinking that the credit card company gets a commission of 3% (give-or-take) from the merchant every time I used my plastic? Each trip to Waitrose or gas bill paid netted the creditor some more dosh on top of the interest charged to me for the last decade. And if that is the case, and if ever I was perceived to be an Immoral Woman, wouldn't that make Barclaycard my pimp for living off my immoral earnings? Just thought I'd try to lighten things up a little.

I found this thread a wee bit unsettling especially when I've only just has the courage to 'out' myself as a debtor. None of the neighbours where I live in Middle England have a clue of the mess I'm in. I caused it and I will deal with it. This website has brought a whole new circle of friends (albeit virtual) into my disintegrating world.

I feel as guilty as hell for messing up. But since Marks & Spencer sent me a forged document with my CCA request I have decided that the gloves are off. This is business not religion.

And I don't know how I'd have got through the last six months without Niddy's attitude ringing in my ears. I can now make sense of the situation. Who knows ,I may even start a thread or a diary or something - but I'm useless with technocgy as well as money apparently . . .

Comment

Let's not beat about the bush, the Troll (who shall remain nameless but you all know exactly which ID I mean) has worked its webbed magic, yet again, to try and wreck yet another Thread.

It'll no doubt bleat like a stuck pig to say how unfair that is, moaning how it's only here to help, just before it gears up to release a fresh wave of Debt Industry blaa blaa dressed up as something else, to ram home the real purpose of its presence here.

This Forum has great potential, the Troll and all of its mates over on Credit Today know that.

Expect a lot more Troll activity to follow.

The acid test will be, can this nonsense be seen for what it is, or will the Troll ruin yet another Thread, before getting to grips with undermining the Forum itself.

I know many here are only here because the same thing has happened elsewhere.

Let's hope the Troll is seen for what it is, and is seen off.

Perhaps something along the lines of: "Pick a window Troll, you're leaving"!

Silverback

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            Am I right in thinking that the credit card company gets a commission of 3% (give-or-take) from the merchant every time I used my plastic? Each trip to Waitrose or gas bill paid netted the creditor some more dosh on top of the interest charged to me for the last decade. And if that is the case, and if ever I was perceived to be an Immoral Woman, wouldn't that make Barclaycard my pimp for living off my immoral earnings? Just thought I'd try to lighten things up a little.

I found this thread a wee bit unsettling especially when I've only just has the courage to 'out' myself as a debtor. None of the neighbours where I live in Middle England have a clue of the mess I'm in. I caused it and I will deal with it. This website has brought a whole new circle of friends (albeit virtual) into my disintegrating world.

I feel as guilty as hell for messing up. But since Marks & Spencer sent me a forged document with my CCA request I have decided that the gloves are off. This is business not religion.

And I don't know how I'd have got through the last six months without Niddy's attitude ringing in my ears. I can now make sense of the situation. Who knows ,I may even start a thread or a diary or something - but I'm useless with technocgy as well as money apparently . . .
                            Good for you mate. We've all been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              Let's not beat about the bush, the Troll (who shall remain nameless but you all know exactly which ID I mean) has worked its webbed magic, yet again, to try and wreck yet another Thread.

It'll no doubt bleat like a stuck pig to say how unfair that is, moaning how it's only here to help, just before it gears up to release a fresh wave of Debt Industry blaa blaa dressed up as something else, to ram home the real purpose of its presence here.

This Forum has great potential, the Troll and all of its mates over on Credit Today know that.

Expect a lot more Troll activity to follow.

The acid test will be, can this nonsense be seen for what it is, or will the Troll ruin yet another Thread, before getting to grips with undermining the Forum itself.

I know many here are only here because the same thing has happened elsewhere.

Let's hope the Troll is seen for what it is, and is seen off.

Perhaps something along the lines of: "Pick a window Troll, you're leaving"!

Silverback

Good post mate but WTF don't other forums kick out the troll? We've seen the said "troll" wrecking other threads and sites. Its not banter either, its proper pucker anarchy thats spread about. How come so many are taken in by the "troll" anyway?

Comment

I really don't think Niddy is taken in DS. Because of what had happened elsewhere and the labelling I had been given, I had basically given up altogther. I have my ducks in a row, battles mot over by any means. I could just sit back, and say S*D the lot but Niddy asked me here via another member and am happy to be here to both learn and help where I can.

But yes I am sore at what has happened elsewhere as are many others and am now quite prepared to make a stand when at the onset of trouble, not when it is well established.

By the way Silverback your post is terrific, I could not have (really so) put it better myself. Perhaps I don't have a sense of humour?

regards
                                Garlok

Comment

Working...
                                X