GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    Peter it is not unjust your very own words were that that is the way it is.

In the cold war would you have thrown water bombs at those that had snow on their boots? Would you have gone out and bought a water pistol to protect your family?

The principle is the same, you said it, Capitalism which by definition is Dog Eat Dog.

regards
    Garlok
    I think this is a massive over simplification. If you look at the contributions that have been made globally to those in need, where have those funds come from? Certainly not communist or none capatalist societies.

It is of course possible to turn an honest proffit without cutting anyones throat, surely we all know that.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterbard View Post
      We have the laws and rights that are displayed on forums like these for a start.
      Using the rights that have been granted to us under these pieces of legislaion is not immoral, all that is being prescribed here ,if i read nid correctly, is that we excersise our rights uner the law when all else has failed, nothing wrong with that. It s what law is for, to protect the weak.
      Peter
      But do we in reality? When push came to shove, what protection did I have? None. I did everything absolutely by the book and made it clear that I would repay in time, but they were simply not interested and the law was on their side.

I would accept that since that time the morality argument has swung a little more towards the consumer and I would now be in a slightly better position if it were to happen now. However, I honestly don't believe that the eventual outcome would be any different, whatever supposed laws and rights we have.

Comment

I think this is a massive over simplification. If you look at the contributions that have been made globally to those in need, where have those funds come from? Certainly not communist or none capatalist societies.

It is of course possible to turn an honest proffit without cutting anyones throat, surely we all know that.

Peter
        Cuba. With the second-highest per capita number of physicians in the world sends tens of thousands of doctors to other countries as aid. 'Aint a capitalist economy mate, so you got that wrong.
        Last edited by The Debt Star; 21 June 2011, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
          Moral = Concerned with the principles of right and wrong behaviour according to the Oxford English Dictionary.

You state this was unfair treatment, or put another way wrong treatment, so yes, by its very definition immoral.

As for fiduciary duties, what about their fiduciary duty to their customers? Without any customers, they would have no investors, so to whom should their primary fiduciary duty lie?
          Ithink that most people would regard morality to be a more wide ranging consept than fairness.
          Regarding fiduciary duty , i think it is clear to the courts and banks agree that it is to their investors, that i am affraid is just a fact, as you found out, so did I.
          Peter
          Last edited by peterbard; 21 June 2011, 16:20.

Comment

Originally Posted by caspar
            Here is why I have no sympathy whatsoever for the banks and believe they deserve everything they get. I used to be in a very secure, well paid job (just short of 10 years ago and pulling in over £55000 a year). I then became extremely ill and was forced to retire early on health grounds aged just 42.

Now, when I was on the large salary I had all the support in the world from all financial institutions. When I became ill my salary went from £55K per annum to just £8K per annum overnight. My commitments obvously remained the same, so I did the right thing and contacted all the banks, card companies, etc... and told them about my situation (all cards had ppi and not one paid out one penny). Without exception they turned their backs on me and, now forewarned of my situation, demanded immediate repayment of everything which was obviously impossible.

As a direct result of this I've ended up losing my house, my future ability to take up paid employment due to the effect what they were doing did to my pre-existing medical condition and they've basically totally screwed up my life. I am now waiting to be made bankrupt.

I am sure I am not by any means the only one in this country to have gone through this. Any talk of having morality towards them is therefore extremely ill founded as morality towards your institution is much the same as respect in my opinion in that it has to be deserved. When you look how they treat people like me and then ask do they deserve it? For me, the answer is straightforward. No!

Which is why adverse data should not be so widely abused by the banks and lenders as well. I feel very strongly about this and the 'tude is very much "you defaulted and we are obliged to file it with the CRAs." No matter what the circumstances and for 6 years to boot. The whole system needs to be overhauled and made more accountable to individual circumstances and exceptions.

Lets not f0orget that data also has a profound effect of your future search for employment

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
              Cuba. With the second-highest per capita number of physicians in the world sends tens of thousands of doctors to other countries as aid, as well as to obtain favorable economic terms of trade. 'Aint a capitalist economy mate.
              Ever been to Cubs, are you really comparing the fact that the proffessional elite there are keen to get out at whatever cost, to the billions of dolllars worth of aid donated by the developed world.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Lets not forget that data also has a profound effect of your future search for employment
                Absolutely PF.

Comment

Ithink that most people would regard morality to be a more wide ranging consept than fairness.
                  Regarding fiduciary duty , i think it is clear to the courts and banks agree that it is to their investors, that i am affraid is just a fact, as you found out, so did I.
                  Peter
                  I could not agree with you more Peter, and by stating this you have successfully concluded the argument against yourself.

You see, what you have said above is correct - their fiduciary duty is without a doubt to their investors. However, this is wrong as without the customers there would be no investors. So they have undoubtedly a misplaced fiduciary duty, which is wrong, which by definition is immoral.

Congratulations on being the first person on here I know to have successfully defeated his own argument.
                  Last edited by caspar; 21 June 2011, 17:39. Reason: typo

Comment

Ever been to Cubs, are you really comparing the fact that the proffessional elite there are keen to get out at whatever cost, to the billions of dolllars worth of aid donated by the developed world.

Peter

Yeah I have, and in terms of its first rate healthcare people are better off there than in the capitalist countries.

Comment

But do we in reality? When push came to shove, what protection did I have? None. I did everything absolutely by the book and made it clear that I would repay in time, but they were simply not interested and the law was on their side.

I would accept that since that time the morality argument has swung a little more towards the consumer and I would now be in a slightly better position if it were to happen now. However, I honestly don't believe that the eventual outcome would be any different, whatever supposed laws and rights we have.
                      Yes unfortunateley we have a way to go yet.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                        Yeah I have, and in terms of its first rate healthcare people are better off there than in the capitalist countries.
                        Couldn't get PG tips whilst i was there, what kind of civilisation do you call that

Peter

Comment

Oops - thought a smilie would come up.
                          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 21 June 2011, 17:30. Reason: use grin - not smile

Comment

Peter I will not be drawn into a political debate or a debate on social policy, a mere analogy was being made. It is you that has made the statements. Of course you are correct in that a profit can be made ethically, BUT unfortunately we are in a situation of total unbridled greed and avarice. You yourself said it on here , "capitalism, that is the way it is"

May I be permitted to just quote something here? You will agree that the Rothschilds are probably one of if not the most powerful banking family in the world?

They are ON THE RECORD as stating: " Give us control of a country's currency and we will control that country's politics, its judiciary and its peoples". (Also they are on record as saying that in banking a 10% profit is both adequate and satisfactory.)

That cannot be in any way be determined as a moral approach can it in the modern so called civilised world. Yet even this family realises the dangers of unbridled capitalism. Judge Chambers in " Harrison" also recognised very clearly what was and is going on.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

Couldn't get PG tips whilst i was there, what kind of civilisation do you call that
                              That is very much a british product and tradition that the cubans do not buy into, however you can get the best cigars in the world from cuba.

Comment

I could not agree with you more Peter, and by stating this you have successfully concluded the argument against yourself.

You see, what you have said above is correct - their fudiciary duty is without a doubt to their investors. However, this is wrong as without the customers there would be no investors. So they have undoubtedly a misplaced fudiciary duty, which is wrong, which by definition is immoral.

Congratulations on being the first person on here I know to have successfully defeated his own argument.
                                Your congratulations are missfouned , there have been many on here that have done what you describe way before my post..
                                I am sure i doint need to remind you that your opinin is biased by your experiances, as is mine, you say the FD is missplaced they would say otheerwise. The courts and by reflection us, the people, through our democratic system seem to agree with them.

Sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X