GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    Too many memories, my friends. My dad was an RN engineer officer working towards the end of the war (bilietted with four WRENS to look after him in Sinah Warren Golf Club -- my Mom was not a happy bunny) on what was then the secret Mulberry Harbour. There is still a broken section in the harbour and if you look closely at the Hayling shore into The Run you can still find where they slid the sections in.

Better get this thread back on track otherwise Niddy will be into us.

regards
    Garlok
    I view these last few delightful posts as (a) a way of putting life-after-debt in perspective, (b) a good way to convalesce from harsh judgement calls by a certain poster, and (c) a reminder of how much I miss my loyal dalmation who went to doggy heaven in the midst of my turmoil (where's a spotty dog when you need one eh?)

Comment

My walks were mostly with a friend who had a spotty beasty, Sophie, now sadly in doggy heaven too. Right back to topic.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
        My walks were mostly with a friend who had a spotty beasty, Sophie, now sadly in doggy heaven too. Right back to topic.
        Aww. I can't reveal my login stuff. But if I said "101" was part of it you'd know how I feel about my Dally. And further more he and I often discussed 'our' financial problems and he didn't seem too fazed about our future. A walk on Hampstead Heath followed by a bone wasn't going to stop just because the DCAs were going to do nasty things. He had a point. Isn't that what Niddy is trying to teach us?

Comment

PlanB, Casper,

Sorry to hear about your dogs passing however at least they left you with fond memories.

Dogs are very important creatures in my household and in more ways than one.

When I was claiming DLA because of the stroke I had, I had a home visit medical and one of the first questions I was asked by the HCP was who exercises that dog as if to try and catch me out.

My answer was that it was more of the case that she exercises me and keeps me as mobile as possible lol

You see after an incident like a stroke you just are not motivated to get up and are quiet happy to just sit in the chair and read the paper or watch tv.

My dog made it her business to ask to go out and we literally hit two birds with one stone she got her exercise and so did I.

Right back on track we go
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 24 June 2011, 19:26.

Comment

Ill go and put a photo of ella in the photos thread as she is a truly beautiful animal that has her own lucky story.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Ill go and put a photo of ella in the photos thread as she is a truly beautiful animal that has her own lucky story.

Regards.
              I look forward to that. My point is that DCAs succeed (mostly) in making us (well me anyway) feel like failures. I can do that without their help thank you very much as I'm quite capable of telling myself that (usually between 3 am and 5 am). But at 60+ years I know I've had my own boom and bust cycles just like Gordon Brown. The difference is I have to pick up the pieces of my own mess each time. The thing about debt is it always seems to come at the wrong moment. You can't tell your kids to wait to be educated, have a birthday treat or need long trousers for a couple of years while I sort out the finances. There is no pause button on growing up. Anyway I've found this website community a better boost than any therapy on offer (belive me I've tried) and The Priory better watch its back! In the sprtit of the thread topic I would say I've not read a single diary on this website that suggests anything but an utter detemination by us "debtors" to be anything but moral - but we're just not being heard by the creditors. Amen

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                I look forward to that. My point is that DCAs succeed (mostly) in making us (well me anyway) feel like failures. I can do that without their help thank you very much as I'm quite capable of telling myself that (usually between 3 am and 5 am). But at 60+ years I know I've had my own boom and bust cycles just like Gordon Brown. The difference is I have to pick up the pieces of my own mess each time. The thing about debt is it always seems to come at the wrong moment. You can't tell your kids to wait to be educated, have a birthday treat or need long trousers for a couple of years while I sort out the finances. There is no pause button on growing up. Anyway I've found this website community a better boost than any therapy on offer (belive me I've tried) and The Priory better watch its back! In the sprtit of the thread topic I would say I've not read a single diary on this website that suggests anything but an utter detemination by us "debtors" to be anything but moral - but we're just not being heard by the creditors. Amen
                well said man. says it all for me as well.

Comment

Regards.
                  You know you have your own photo album space on the forum that you can open to all or restrict to friends etc...?

See here: ---> allaboutFORUMS

That link only takes you to your folders pompey! to access it, simply click User CP from the top left and then look down the left pane and in the 2nd box down "Networking" - you click "Pictures & Albums"

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Thank you, no never did know that.

Regards

Comment

Niddy,

Thank you, no never did know that.

Regards
                      It is part of our "Protecting your personal data" ethos - ie you control your own albums, you control access to it and best of all, you control what goes in there
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well!
                        Just trying to keep up with this thread (my OH is on hols from work so we're tripping about in between catching up with garden jobs etc so I haven't had much time this week)
                        Having suffered the troll's stalking and abuse on cag, (from where he is now also banned, if his own post on LB is to be believed) all I can add to this discussion is:

Bloody brilliant! Finally a site with the insight to see the troll for what he really is, and the cajones to do something about it.

Thankyou Niddy, and all, for restoring my faith.

Shepherdess xx
                        Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 25 June 2011, 07:46.

Comment

Thanks for looking in on this thread Shepherdess. Its good to see you about. I hate this confrontational stuff but there are times when the bullet has to be bitten.

Really the time and energy is better spent on the assistance of those less fortunate, and the aggression better aimed at the whole debt collection movement. But the wilful sabotaging of the freely given voluntary efforts of so many has to be seen for what it is.

Regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                            ** Vote Silverback for President **
                            Definitely x

Comment

Did he make a post about this on LB?

I mean did Peter post about this, as per shep post?

Comment

Not that I can find. Anyone from LB, I'm not spying - I'm answering a question.

Comment

Working...
                                X