GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Quote Peter Bardsley "Credit Today" 20th May 2010

Hi

I am afraid I agree. I used to be a contributor to CAG in the earlier years and at that point it was pretty much a discussion forum ,it was possible to glean bits of information and a lot of users found it very helpful. At that point I do not believe it offered advice as such it was as I say a discussion group.

Now however the site has been taken over by so called "Legal experts", Some of which as you say even claim to be solicitors.

I am unsure of the motivation of these people, one are two are I believe involved in the business, perhaps it is in there interest to perpetuate the myth. More likely these are people who are bathing in the praise from the people they are" helping "and the status that they lack in their real life

Here is very little discussion now one of these luminaries will give information on why a particular agreement is unenforceable and every one else just agrees and thinks they don’t have to honour there commitments to the creditor.

I have been excluded from that site now simply because I challenged some of the assertions made there.

In my day job I have seen many people who have come into our office and asked us to intervene with lenders, they have followed advice given on the CAG site and ended up with a CCJ.

The problem is that these forums can be very attractive to people who are in financial difficulties ,offering a quick fix. The idea is introduced that the agreement they have is unenforceable so they do not have to pay at all.

When this advice comes from someone purporting to be a solicitor ,many take it to be true ,and basically stop paying their debts.
    By the time they find out it is all nonsense they have lost the window of opportunity to negotiate with the creditor or make alternative payment agreements.

Regards
    Garlok

Comment

Quote Peter Bardsley Credit Today 29th May 2010

Hi
      One of the main offenders has the screen name PT257.
      Currently he is on the Egg thread of the forum on the legal issues section.

There he is advising people not to pay there egg credit card agreements pending a "Test Case" he is involved in on June the 4th.
      I belive he is employed by one of the debt cancelling firms.

This particular thread has created no end of problems for us with people following the advice and then coming to us when the creditors enforce.

Needles to say I can find no record of any such hearing.

The thread is called " Egg agreements and what I think is wrong with them"

I have complained to the site and tried to post contrary arguments on thread but they are moderated and just do not appear.

P

regards
      Garlok

Comment

I joined Niddy Skool in February and it's been a lifesaver when pursued by 23 creditors for ÂŁ150k of unsecured debt. I had a great business module which fell flat on its face when the banks caused the Credit Crunch. No credit = no business. So I relied on the cards to support stuff (including daughter). I threw in the towel in 2009 and went into a DMP. That worked until ironically the DMP company went bust in January (Solace Financial). Trying to deal with all 23 DCAs became a full time job so I sourced this website on Google. I did look at others such as CAG but it was obvious to me that some of the 'advisers' were just showing off and exercising their egos. So after following Niddy's 12 (maybe more) steps I have ÂŁ75k accepted as unenforcable by the creditors (wow) and another ÂŁ61k iffy because of recons (blank page with just my name - you know who you are Barclays) and illegible application forms with no terms (MBNA x 3). So the question is should I find a way to pay the UE ones (sell my home and my children perhaps) or carry on being an Immoral Woman?

Comment

Well Done planB. many of us have similar stories to your own.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

I'm really not going to get into this again. Either behave, stay on track with the discussion or we'll close this thread - it's not rocket science!!

This site does not and will never tolerate abuse against people in debt and some of the shyte above is sailing close to the wind.

Peter what are you trying to say, exactly? Having read your bitter rant on credit today I'm in two minds whether to ban you just for those comments; however as you never wrote it on here I'll let it go. But be warned it HAS shown your "true" colours.....

I'm seriously not impressed with some of the idiotic comments on this thread.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

its not about morals
              not about right from wrong

its who can put up the best argument to the judge

Comment

Exactly. As I always say; morals mean little in a court of law

However it appears that certain judges bring morals into things; when they have no right in doing so!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Peter what are you trying to say, exactly? Having read your bitter rant on credit today I'm in two minds whether to ban you just for those comments; however as you never wrote it on here I'll let it go. But be warned it HAS shown your "true" colours.....
                  I am surprised that you had not previously seen it?

Comment

Banter can be helpful and discussion can be healthy, however many members of these forums are desperate when they find them and need help. They can either be put off by the nature of some posts or unfortunately get given incorrect advice.

There are many names that I recognise that I have 'lost' due to "problems", so please can we all be careful.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Dispensing with the "MORALITY" issue

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      Banter can be helpful and discussion can be healthy, however many members of these forums are desperate when they find them and need help. They can either be put off by the nature of some posts or unfortunately get given incorrect advice.

There are many names that I recognise that I have 'lost' due to "problems", so please can we all be careful.
                      Point taken, cymrambyth!

I had not previously posted on this thread and now apologise for having done so.

Comment

It wasn't directed at you .....

It was a general comment following on from Niddy's post 95
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hmm yes them comments on Credit today, wonderful arent they,although for anyone wanting to read a "well written" and accurate reflection on me and what i do, they can read here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13349239

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12622318

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13199797

i know which one i would rather believe,
                          Last edited by Paul.; 23 June 2011, 14:32.

Comment

Without wishing to rock the apple cart, there is a place for some banter and light heartedness in threads and some recent(ish) posts seem to aver that there is no place for them. That has to be wrong. If we cannot laugh at the banks, DCAs, the legal system, courts, politicians, the establishment etc then they win. Just my opinion fwiw (not much, sure) but something I feel fairly strongly about. Take the Cuba theme for example. Mr N says knock it off for ego's sake; but justice is the point here and the integrity of the citizenry of this country which other places - like Cuba - have done better than us. Rant over.
                            Last edited by The Debt Star; 23 June 2011, 14:48.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                              Without wishing to rock the apple cart, there is a place for some banter and light heartedness in threads and some recent(ish) posts seem to aver that there is no place for them. That has to be wrong. If we cannot laugh at the banks, DCAs, the legal system, courts, politicians, the establishment etc then they win. Just my opinion fwiw (not much, sure) but something I feel fairly strongly about. Take the Cuba theme for example. Mr N says knock it off for ego's sake; but justice is the point here and the integrity of the citizenry of this country which other places - like Cuba - have done better than us. Rant over.
                              quite agree, banter is good, insulting inflaming attacks are not.

Comment

Thank you Paul.

I really did not want this to descend like this. I think you know where I and most others stand and that is firmly with you.

I wanted to make sure that everyone had the information directly to hand so that they were aware of what they were dealing with and had the opportunity to make up their own minds.

But I for one am not prepared to be branded a "debt dodger", a "debt avoider", "stupid" or talked down to any longer. I have provided the information, i have provided the discussion.

It is for my/our colleagues on this forum to make up their own minds as I said. I do not subscribe now to any other forum other than this one as my time is limited in more ways than one and would choose to spend what I have on helping others to get through the problems we have been through and are going through without hassle demonstrated by one only on this thread.

regards
                                Garlok

Comment

Working...
                                X