GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Notices - Updated Information! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Notices - Updated Information!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Default Notices - Updated Information!

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    actually , I never mentioned DLC....
    Actually you did in this post in your diary which is why you're asking this question isn't it?

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...7&postcount=31

Comment

Well in this case I would not worry about it. IF you are contacted by an unlicensed DCA you ignore them and report them to the OFT who in turn pass it on to the local TS.
      I was contacted by a bunch of Glaswegian shysters who would not give me their CCL No so I reported them to the OFT as well as their association . Been very quiet ever since

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
        an unlicenced DCA cannot recover a regulated debt until they are licenced
        I think Paul is saying that an unlicenced DCA cannot recover a regulated debt while they remain unlicenced. But once they get or renew an old licence it's business as usual. This is what happened with Varde (which purchased loads of MBNA debt) but they used Experto Credite (a DCA which had a licence) to recover the debt.

Comment

Hi
          Has anyone on site got knowledge regarding Egg DN's around 2000-2003
          Were they issued correctly and did they always contain the relevant required information,or were they incomplete.
          I have one dating 2003 and along with my CCA being UE I would like to have additional backup my side.Two strings to me bow so to speak!
          Thanks
          Greymatter

Comment

Grey - they're not trying to enforce....

You really need to chill cos if they try to enforce then we look at the whole picture inc default/NoA etc.

Really try and relax. Anything we say at this point can be remedied as all they've done is respond to cca. Please stop trying to resolve everything at this early stage as you'll never stick to the plan cos different dca's behave differently thus we cannot say what will happen long term.

You need to take each letter as it comes and deal with it ad hoc.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy
              Thanks for setting me straight.
              Glad your there .
              GM

Comment

I just don't think you ought to dwell on things too much as a dca could sell it tmw; they try and enforce and everything changes. So why try and resolve all scenarios now when they could go outta the window at 9am when the postie comes.

Hope you see my point and don't think I'm having a go cos I'm really not mate
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy
                  I certainly see your point and I know your not having a go,no way.
                  Thanks
                  GM

Comment

Greymatter, for what it's worth I see where you are coming from...the what if scenario and feeling safer if you feel you have a backup. However as Niddy says, a bad DN can be remedied so you would not tell them. Take my advice cos I don't and do as Niddy says...one letter at a time

Comment

Indeed yes
                      Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have a few questions about Default Notices.
                        I was just wondering if this is where I can ask them.

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by megabyte View Post
                          Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have a few questions about Default Notices.
                          I was just wondering if this is where I can ask them.

Thanx
                          or start a new thread here--->Defaults
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                            or start a new thread here--->Defaults
                            Which is more recommended.
                            Because I am a beginner and have a lot of questions??

Comment

Originally posted by megabyte View Post
                              Which is more recommended.
                              Because I am a beginner and have a lot of questions??
                              Best start your own thread then..........
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                                Best start your own thread then..........
                                Thanx Deepie

Comment

Working...
                                X