GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Notices - Updated Information! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Notices - Updated Information!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Default Notices - Updated Information!

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    does this apply to all default notices now i.e must state a date not number of days???
    its arguable that it should for every agreement regulated by the 1974 act

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      Niddy made recent comments about this yesterday I think it was.
      Here mate: ---> DN date calculation - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

id also point out the COA declined to make a definitive ruling, on the period for service, thus it turns on the facts of your case really and when you recieve the notice

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
          its arguable that it should for every agreement regulated by the 1974 act
          arguable being the operative word here.....

* I also responded saying all DN's as I also consider it to mean all of them, but some try it on and try and say only after the change in regs
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow
            So as a start point it looks as though its UE,do you agree?

Comment

Niddy
              Is the Default Notice database still for your eyes only or would I need to edit them first. The ones I am thinking about aren't actually relevant at the moment cos they are still in default of the CCA request.

But..if the agreement is enforcable but the DN is incorrect , does that make it UE?.
              You know I get confused

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                Niddy
                Is the Default Notice database still for your eyes only or would I need to edit them first. The ones I am thinking about aren't actually relevant at the moment cos they are still in default of the CCA request.

But..if the agreement is enforcable but the DN is incorrect , does that make it UE?.
                You know I get confused
                no if the default is bad it doesnt make the agreement unenforceable per se,

What it does is procedurally bars the creditor from taking the steps in s87(1) CCA

so he cannot enforce but the underlying agreement may well remain enforceable

Comment

Thanks Paul
                  I have a default from Vanquis , sad to say the agreement is enforcable because it is post 2007 and also done online. The default notice is quite different. Is there any hope or do I just give in on that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post

so he cannot enforce but the underlying agreement may well remain enforceable
                    Are you talking about a stalemate sitauation? If it can't be enforced, then surely it becomes unenforceable on that basis?
                    Remember the mantra:
                    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                      Thanks Paul
                      I have a default from Vanquis , sad to say the agreement is enforcable because it is post 2007 and also done online. The default notice is quite different. Is there any hope or do I just give in on that one?
                      Hi jon I believe you and I may have the same kind of DN by Vanquis. I have attached a copy of mine...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by transformer999; 21 April 2012, 16:48.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                        Are you talking about a stalemate sitauation? If it can't be enforced, then surely it becomes unenforceable on that basis?
                        no not really, the arrears (if the lender can specify them) are recoverable with a bad notice arent they, its not like a s78 breach where the lenders rights are suspended in my view

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
                          Hi jon I believe you and I may have the same kind of DN by Vanquis. I have attached a copy of mine...
                          Hi mine is exactly like the first one (DN1).
                          Not got the second although I have to admit I was not terribly good at keeping all the paperwork

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
                            well option 1 is bad - I didn't open the second

Comment

Sorry Niddy, what does that mean in real terms.......

Comment

its crap

Does it comply with s.88? You tell me....

---> Consumer Credit Act 1974 | s.88 CCA1974

88 Contents and effect of default notice.

(1)The default notice must be in the prescribed form and specify—

(a)the nature of the alleged breach;

(b)if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date before which that action is to be taken;

(c)if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach, and the date before which it is to be paid.

(2)A date specified under subsection (1) must not be less than [14] days after the date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or owner shall not take action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date so specified or (if no requirement is made under subsection (1)) before those [14] days have elapsed.

(3)The default notice must not treat as a breach failure to comply with a provision of the agreement which becomes operative only on breach of some other provision, but if the breach of that other provision is not duly remedied or compensation demanded under subsection (1) is not duly paid, or (where no requirement is made under subsection (1)) if the [14] days mentioned in subsection (2) have elapsed, the creditor or owner may treat the failure as a breach and section 87(1) shall not apply to it.

(4)The default notice must contain information in the prescribed terms about the consequences of failure to comply with it [and any other prescribed matters relating to the agreement].

[(4A)The default notice must also include a copy of the current default information sheet under section 86A.]

(5)A default notice making a requirement under subsection (1) may include a provision for the taking of action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) at any time after the restriction imposed by subsection (2) will cease, together with a statement that the provision will be ineffective if the breach is duly remedied or the compensation duly paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X