GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Notices - Updated Information! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Notices - Updated Information!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Default Notices - Updated Information!

I have attached a DN and was wandering for any help and advice on this please. It is for an unregulated loan and what I wanted to know is that will the DN regulations apply still as it was served after the financial removal limit in April 2008?

I know for a fact that the arrears stated on the DN are incorrect. DN dated 28 April 2010...received 30 April 2010.....15 days to remedy and pay in full makes it 13 May 2010 but there was a Bank Holiday on the 3 May 2010. I make it 11 days to remedy and pay in full.

Any help or advice will be great and as always thanks in advance to all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlemainDefaultNotice001-Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1384686

Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 22 November 2011, 14:54. Reason: added DN

Comment

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
        Brandon, Brandon, Brandon
        and again - BRANDON!

---> AMEX LIMITED v IAN KARL ROBERT BRANDON [2010]
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

lol thanks Paul & Niddy...yes I know the Brandon case but what I am trying to ask is even though I am finding it difficult to put in words is that..........Brandon's agreement was regulated right & mine is not. Will my DN still have to be compliant regardless of this?

Feel free to shoot me if I am not making any sense

Comment

The DN issued in 2010 I would have thought should comply with the CCA as ALL agreements became regulated following the removal of limits in April 2008 in the CCA. and should comply with the exact details required of them under s.87(1) if they have started Legal Action,

Comment

What about the fact that the DN states "15 business days"? Doesn't that make it compliant?

Comment

I believe numbers of days are not acceptable. the DN should state a date by which rectification is required.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

seems to me that the unfair relationship provisions apply no matter, however, it seems from my reading that the removal of financial limits only takes effect to a previously unregulated agreement if the agreement is subsequently a modifying agreement ( see s82 CCA)

So, unless the agreement is a modifying agreement, if it is unregulated, then the default provisions are not applicible

Comment

Thanks Paul...yes I believe the unfair relationship apply regardless.....and fighting/defending on that basis alone is like walking the plank.......unless you have one hell of a hot shot lawyer in your corner ..and anyone who has had you (defending them)...knows that success can be achieved if done properly.

My questions are that would a lender need a DN to litigate wether regulated or unregulated?

and

If these DN's are no good where would that leave their litigation and is this the right court?

and

Should this litigation relate to contract law?

any help, advice or nudge in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
                    Last edited by transformer999; 23 November 2011, 11:03.

Comment

Niddy
                      I have a NW cc DN issued in 2003. Quote: 'Please read the Notice carefully and ensure that the payment of £xxx is credited to your account within 14 days of this notice'.The amount requested was the arrears.
                      This was followed by a TN dated 14 days later.Quote: 'Full payment of your o/s debt is now required'.

Would you say this is similar/same as Brandon and therefore UE,or not?
                      Thanks Niddy

Comment

Numbers of days is not acceptable, it should be a specific date. However back then I think only 7 days was required for rectification not the 14 as now. Niddy made recent comments about this yesterday I think it was.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Correct mate seven days but it must state a date not a number of days

Comment

Thanks for clarifying my thinking Paul.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                              Correct mate seven days but it must state a date not a number of days
                              does this apply to all default notices now i.e must state a date not number of days???
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                                does this apply to all default notices now i.e must state a date not number of days???
                                Yes! ALL default notices mate, ie "..... no later than 14 days" is a bad DN. ".... no later than 20th XX 2011" is a good DN (if it gives the starting day plus the required remedy period)
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X