CapQuest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CapQuest

So far no reply to my SAR that was sent on June 7th but I have had a reply ....

"Dear "Mick"
    Account Number *****
    Balance £-870.57
    Our Client Capital One Bank (Europe) Plc

We thank you for your recent correspondence.
    Please be advised that we have received your request for further information on this account. In order to process your request further, we require you to confirm that you have previously resided at the below address:

Address

We look forward to hearing from you. "

Now, the address is clearly linked to me on a credit report so they could easily find that out and the address is from almost 9 years ago when I was in the army. I left the army in October 2002 so I will not have dealt with this debt since then.

Also, I sent off a SAR, not a request for information on a specific account.

How do I proceed with this one please?

Thanks in advance of the wonderful advice I am about to get from you guys

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mickb1969 View Post
      So far no reply to my SAR that was sent on June 7th but I have had a reply ....

"Dear "Mick"
      Account Number *****
      Balance £-870.57
      Our Client Capital One Bank (Europe) Plc

We thank you for your recent correspondence.
      Please be advised that we have received your request for further information on this account. In order to process your request further, we require you to confirm that you have previously resided at the below address:

Address

We look forward to hearing from you. "

Now, the address is clearly linked to me on a credit report so they could easily find that out and the address is from almost 9 years ago when I was in the army. I left the army in October 2002 so I will not have dealt with this debt since then.

Also, I sent off a SAR, not a request for information on a specific account.

How do I proceed with this one please?

Thanks in advance of the wonderful advice I am about to get from you guys

Mick
      Send this (edit to suit) Creditor Refusal of SAR
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The f*ckers have returned my SAR and £10 postal order with the following letter.

Dear "Mick"

Account No 123456789
        Balance £-870.57
        Our Client Capital One Bank (Europe) PLC

Please note that we a have nit received a response from you regarding our letter dated 22 July 11 where we requested that you confirm you have previously lived at the following address:

Address.

As we have not received a response from you we are unable to gather the information you requested, Please find enclosed your original letter and £10 SAR request fee.
        In the future, if you wish to request this information again, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Foolishly, I sent the letter you suggested by regular mail as I couldn't get to a post office in time (My work usually starts before they open and finishes after they close). So I have no proof that they received it.

There are 2 questions that I would like help with please.
        Firstly, how do I proceed? Do I simply send off anew request with the address they wanted to confirm?
        Secondly, they seem obsessed with one single account but the SAR is for ALL information isn't it? I have overpaid one debt to them that I want information on as I intend to claim back any overpayments to them.

Thanks again.

Mick

Comment

I'll sort u response in morning mate. Hold fire....

The 40 days are still counting; dint worry

They just don't know it; but it is
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They are only in Hook, should I pop in and intimidate them!! Apparently I do that

Comment

As Niddy says, they still only have 40 days from receipt of your first letter, so I wouldn't worry too much!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                As Niddy says, they still only have 40 days from receipt of your first letter, so I wouldn't worry too much!
                They received that on May 25th so I think it's way beyond 40 days. There's even a "Received" stamp on my letter to them.

Comment

Can I just check, why are you worrying about a SAR on a debt of only £870 - just ignore them mate, they'll soon go away!

Comment

Although some people on here are getting help for debts in the hundreds of thousands, there are people like me who are trying to get out of bad debt that is much smaller but just as important.
                    My career depends on a clean financial background and things like £870 can bite me in the arse and cause no end of problems.
                    Capquest have taken over other debts of mine from my past and I know some of these have been repaid and over paid too.
                    The SAR was to try and find out how much they owe me.
                    Am I missing something here? Is there a lower limit needed to be offered advice now?

Comment

Although some people on here are getting help for debts in the hundreds of thousands, there are people like me who are trying to get out of bad debt that is much smaller but just as important.
                      My career depends on a clean financial background and things like £870 can bite me in the arse and cause no end of problems.
                      Capquest have taken over other debts of mine from my past and I know some of these have been repaid and over paid too.
                      The SAR was to try and find out how much they owe me.
                      Am I missing something here? Is there a lower limit needed to be offered advice now?
                      Ok understood - just wondered why you'd worry about a small debt like this that will go un-pursued however if it affects your job then fine, you can argue it....

So you're wanting to reclaim mis-sold PPI and or interest? Fine, then i'll do you a response now..... brb

Comment

elaborate please....?

Comment

I left the army in October 2002 so I will not have dealt with this debt since then.
                          Mate, this will be statute barred / dead surely? If you've not dealt with it since 2002....

Just ready to do you a SAR response but then spotted that...... Can you please clarify for me, when did you last pay into this debt approximately... Also you say it is on your credit file, what does the credit file entry show, ie default date etc...?

It should be statute barred and missing from your credit files if you've not contacted them for like 10 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

So you're wanting to reclaim mis-sold PPI and or interest? Fine, then i'll do you a response now..... brb
                            Nothing to do with PPI. I thought a SAR was to find out ALL historical data on any accounts they have regarding me?

I paid off some previous debts by monthly standing order and I want to know what was owed against what was actually paid.

I also want to know what original documents they have and the time frames involved.

Comment

Nothing to do with PPI. I thought a SAR was to find out ALL historical data on any accounts they have regarding me?

I paid off some previous debts by monthly standing order and I want to know what was owed against what was actually paid.

I also want to know what original documents they have and the time frames involved.
                              Ok sorry, as you must appreciate I look in a lot of things thus need reminding now and again. Ok, but my question remains, when did you actually last pay into this.

All that's left open at this stage would be a reclaim of unfair charges, which yes requires a SAR but if it is already dead / statute barred then they may not even have any records anymore.....

Comment

The SAR is to help me with dates. With this particular debt, I have not paid anything since October 2002 when I left the army. Capquest say that I have made offers to pay which I definitely have not. If that have anything to the contrary, it's fake.
                                I am sure it's statute barred, but I just want to make sure.
                                I spent 7 years clearing my financial past and now I really want to close all the loose ends once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                                X