CapQuest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CapQuest

I will be writing them another letter with as much information as I can think of. Addresses for the last 16 years (the ones in Northern Ireland were all fake ones), name, d.o.b., height, weight, star sign, inside leg, shoe size, likes, dislikes.........
    If they have no record of me though and the debt I seem to have repaid, could I possibly reclaim the payments to them for the last 6 years as they can't prove what they were for?
    I reckon a letter requesting that would help them to find my details!!

Comment

Just resend the SAR mate. No mention of payments. Take a print of bank statement showing transfer as well - send that!

Best of luck
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Just resend the SAR mate. No mention of payments. Take a print of bank statement showing transfer as well - send that!

Best of luck
        Do you ever sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Best of luck
          I only sent the £1 thing to them, should I do the £10 one?
          They really are getting on my nerves now. I dropped the SO to £1 a month just in case I still owed them something so I have proof I have been paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickb1969 View Post
            Do you ever sleep?
            No mate - not really!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I only sent the £1 thing to them, should I do the £10 one?
              They really are getting on my nerves now. I dropped the SO to £1 a month just in case I still owed them something so I have proof I have been paying.
              Mate a SAR costs £10, a CCA costs £1....

You need to do this (read the notes below the link)....

SAR Request - Advanced Version
              Advanced Version of a Subject Access Request - remember to enclose £10 with your request.

Comment

Message received and understood......it's my day off tomorrow so I will be off to the Post Office

Just one thing.....it says Account Number on the SAR but I don't have one. I want to know why I was paying them, how much I owed and how much I overpaid.

Would that affect the SAR information?

Mick
                Last edited by Mickb1969; 6 June 2011, 17:33.

Comment

Change account number to show reference number - ie the standing order ref, and send copy of statement and last 10 years addresses and your date of birth....

That way they have no excuses to respond properly!

Comment

SAR Sent, with the £10 fee. I have paid them £3506 since 2005 but I can't recall why.
                    I know, I was in an accident. That's my story and I am sticking to it

Comment

SAR Sent, with the £10 fee. I have paid them £3506 since 2005 but I can't recall why.
                      I know, I was in an accident. That's my story and I am sticking to it
                      Nice one, let us know what they come back with

Comment

Quick question on the 40 day thing (SAR), is it 40 days from when I posted it?

Ta

Comment

I think you have to take postal time into account.

Comment

ALL sar's are late. It's 40 calendar days plus a couple for postage. But we always give them time to properly default your request first so after 7 weeks from day of postage, you can then send a reminder with threat of ico complaint.

Comment

Lovely, thanks

Comment

Yep, 42 days, unless sent guaranteed next day delivery. As said above, it's not worth quibbling over a few days unless you have a really good reason (-eg- after an 8 year battle I got on the back of the DWP on Day 42 having sent guaranteed next day delivery, but I was feeling particularly nasty about that!)

The extra week suggested is more than reasonable, so as Niddy says, if they haven't done anything by then report them.

Comment

Working...
                                X