GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCAresponse from MBNA / Abbey National - is this enforceable> - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCAresponse from MBNA / Abbey National - is this enforceable>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCAresponse from MBNA / Abbey National - is this enforceable>

Hi all

Not much of an update from me but thought I would keep you in the loop. I sent the missing PT template letter on 23/02. Several phone calls over the next few days from PRA. Each call they were advised they did not have permission to hold our telephone number or call us to discuss this matter. Advised them to put their query in writing and DH would respond. Letter received which says they tried to contact us several times by phone to speak about this matter. Asks us to contact them to discuss the account. Sending back a response tomorrow which says told you not to phone - read our letter re missing PT and remove any contact numbers from your database.

Comment

Originally posted by January2015 View Post
      Advised them to put their query in writing and DH would respond. Letter received which says they tried to contact us several times by phone to speak about this matter. Asks us to contact them to discuss the account. Sending back a response tomorrow which says told you not to phone - read our letter re missing PT and remove any contact numbers from your database.
      Sorry to sound daft but what does "DH" stand for?

Do you need to send PRA a letter tomorrow and if so let's think carefully as to what you should say/convey to them.

Let's not miss an opportunity to stitch them up with a solid paper trail because sadly PRA are very litigious. Every letter you send has the potential to end up in front of a Judge. Good.

Let's give this some thought

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Dear or Darling Husband.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
          Dear or Darling Husband.
          I see.

I've never had one of those (a dear/darling husband).

Although I did divorce a sh*t husband so maybe I should refer to him as SH in cyberspace lingo

Plan B x

Comment

Do you need to send PRA a letter tomorrow and if so let's think carefully as to what you should say/convey to them.

Let's not miss an opportunity to stitch them up with a solid paper trail because sadly PRA are very litigious. Every letter you send has the potential to end up in front of a Judge. Good.

Let's give this some thought

Plan B x
            I'm more than happy to wait for some advice on what to send back. And yes......DH is Dear Husband (although in my case it's more like Daft Husband, but I like to pretend to be nice to him occasionally )

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
              Dear or Darling Husband.
              I've never had one of those (a dear/darling husband).

Although I did divorce a sh*t husband so maybe I should refer to him as SH in cyberspace lingo
              DH is Dear Husband (although in my case it's more like Daft Husband, but I like to pretend to be nice to him occasionally)
              I feel a whole new thread coming on Move over Mumsnet!

In the meantime I'll keep a close eye on your legal situation with PRA.

Plan B x

Comment

In the interests of balance I'd also like to point out the internet acronyms for DW's (dearest wives)

Dappy W
                Despicable W
                Dastardly W
                Degernerate W
                DFNUW (Dead from neck up)

But my favourite (and one I am very fortunate and consider myself extremely lucky to be with)

DDGW (drop dead gorgeous)

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  In the interests of balance I'd also like to point out the internet acronyms for DW's (dearest wives)

Dappy W
                  Despicable W
                  Dastardly W
                  Degernerate W
                  DFNUW (Dead from neck up)

But my favourite (and one I am very fortunate and consider myself extremely lucky to be with)

DDGW (drop dead gorgeous)

Phewww!!! You reprieved yourself with the last definition

Comment

Hi

Apologies for not updating. I sent back the missing PT letter. Received letter back saying 'oh yes' we should have sent you statements on headed paper - account on hold until we send them. They then sent pages of the account on headed paper. Then a letter saying please contact to organise payment. Today a letter asking us to contact as they will offer a full and final settlement figure. Figure offered is about 90% of outstanding balance.

What's my next move?

Thanks for all the help - I don't post much but do very much appreciate all the advice and support.

Comment

What's my next move?
                      Your next move is to do nothing.

They'll write again so tell us what that one says.

How much is this debt?

Plan B x

Comment

Your next move is to do nothing.

They'll write again so tell us what that one says.

How much is this debt?

Plan B x
                        Hi

Debt is +£11k.

Comment

Debt is +£11k.
                          Thanks for the update.

It's useful to know what may/may not motivate them to take things to the next level.

At the moment you are dealing with PRA not their solicitors or their in-house legal team.

Unless there was a legal threat in their latest letter I see no reason for you to respond to their lousy offer

Plan B x

Comment

Hello everyone

Absolutely nothing to update. I suppose no news is good news in this instance.

What amazes me is that I can make no payments to this debt for six months and I am not bombarded with letters, call, threats etc. It is just eerily silent. Feels very strange.

Anyway, I wanted to ask a question to reassure myself on the potential route this may take. If PRAT Group decide we are ignorning them, will they have to write to us BEFORE initiating any formal type of legal action to recover this debt?

My sensible head is telling me they would have to send some form of notice before action, my worrying head is telling me they will just send the court paperwork.

Thanks for your advice - as always, it is very much appreciated.

Comment

Hiya , they should contact you first ,about payments etc quite right ,just sit tight till they do make contact then let us know.xxx
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Hello everyone

Absolutely nothing to update. I suppose no news is good news in this instance.

What amazes me is that I can make no payments to this debt for six months and I am not bombarded with letters, call, threats etc. It is just eerily silent. Feels very strange.
                                It's not unheard of, creditors tend to be more active in the early stages after you default. I've not heard from a couple of mine for over four years and another one only when it got sold six years after defaulting.

Anyway, I wanted to ask a question to reassure myself on the potential route this may take. If PRAT Group decide we are ignorning them, will they have to write to us BEFORE initiating any formal type of legal action to recover this debt?

My sensible head is telling me they would have to send some form of notice before action, my worrying head is telling me they will just send the court paperwork.

Thanks for your advice - as always, it is very much appreciated.
                                They would have to send a letter before action to comply with the protocols. In the past, many claimants skipped this step but these days, they all seem to be sending them. Or maybe people did receive the LBAs but mistook them for generic threats.

Comment

Working...
                                X