GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCAresponse from MBNA / Abbey National - is this enforceable> - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCAresponse from MBNA / Abbey National - is this enforceable>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCAresponse from MBNA / Abbey National - is this enforceable>

Regardless if they follow protocol or not, I'd not overly worry. What will be will be and you have us up your sleeve - they don't
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you - Nanna58, BuzzyBee and Niddy. Apologies for the delay in getting back to read this post - life interrupted and I just haven't had a chance to get back onto the site until now.

Comment

Hello everyone

Quick update from me - no correspondence received from anyone regarding this debt for months now. However, I have just checked on Noddle and the account is showing with PRA Group and was defaulted. This was marked in June 2016. I guess we continue to sit tight and wait for them to make their next move.

This is such a learning curve - as I have said previously, I would never have believe you could ignore/not pay a debt for so long and absolutely nothing happens. I guess things are happening with PRA but it's all quiet on the home front here regarding this debt.

Jan x

Comment

Originally posted by January2015 View Post
          Hello everyone

Quick update from me - no correspondence received from anyone regarding this debt for months now. However, I have just checked on Noddle and the account is showing with PRA Group and was defaulted. This was marked in June 2016. I guess we continue to sit tight and wait for them to make their next move.
          Yes, just sit tight and wait for them to make their next move.

This is such a learning curve - as I have said previously, I would never have believe you could ignore/not pay a debt for so long and absolutely nothing happens. I guess things are happening with PRA but it's all quiet on the home front here regarding this debt.

Jan x
          It really is a learning curve. I'm just really glad that I decided to go the UE route six years ago. At that time, six years (to get to SB) seemed so far away but it's come around quickly enough.

It's a case of knowing when to ignore and when to reply to letters. Just post up here and we'll help you.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

I've still not heard anything from PRA Group / MBNA. No correspondence received for months now. I don't think they would just give up on this debt as they did provide us with paperwork - which Niddy advised me was not compliant.

We haven't contacted PRA since they supplied us with the copy documents and they have only contacted us a couple of times offering a settlment figure (10% reduction on outstanding balance), or asking us very nicely to contact them and start paying.

Given all of the above, and the fact we haven't made payment on this debt for over a year now, I am starting to dread a court letter or something similar dropping through the letterbox. Is this likely to happen?

Thanks for your support and advice. Hopefully I am worrying needlessly.

Comment

it's a waiting game, some creditors contact you and mither you all the time, some you never hear from. They can't do anything without contacting you so just relax and long may the peace continue.

Comment

Seconded xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks MrsD and nanna58. After years of paying it feels very strange to completely ignore a debt like this and 'wait' for them to play their next move. We are on a DMP clearing the rest of our debts - it's just this one which is sitting there. Mostly I can get on with life and not stress over this one, but as we owe over £11k, every now and then I panic sllightly and think something bad will drop through the letterbox or, worse. someone will knock at the door. I just have to put my anxieties back under lock and key for a while

Comment

Do you think DCA's read this forum. Just had a letter drop through the door.

Post Edited.....just in case our particular DCA is reading this forum.
                    Last edited by January2015; 11 January 2017, 13:52.

Comment

Some read AAD that's why we keep everything private .x
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

no doubt whatsoever january2015 they will troll all the sites that has the consumers interests at heart cos they have naff all else to do. take care

Comment

So long as you don't post personal details it's fine if they're reading the forum. Even if they manage to put two and two together, which is highly unlikely given the number of debts and the IQ of their employees, it's quite possible that it will scare them off because they know that you're not a walkover and are prepared to fight back.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Posted 11th January >

What did that letter say and has there been another one since?

Di

Comment

Hi all

Just wanted to thank you for all the help and advice. We've now settled for 10% of the outstanding balance. It's put's the matter to bed once and for all and we are more than happy with this outcome - which we never would have got to without the help of this forum. Thank you so very much.

Comment

YEAHHHHHHH, nice one, good news on April fools day xx

Comment

Working...
                                X