GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Decision Time - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Decision Time

Hi all,

I received a letter from Barclaycard yesterday dated 6 days ago. " Please don't ignore this letter or they'll close account and issue a Formal Demand for payment in full and file default with CRA's." Other than this letter its been quiet, couple of statements, default sum notices and the odd attempt at contacting me by phone. It has certainly not been the barrage I had been expecting. I have a CCA from them but it is incomplete. Do I need to do anything or just file this letter and wait for their next move?

Thanks

dontknow

Comment

I would just wait and see what comes next, chill

Comment

No doubt a DCA will appear
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

I've not posted for a while but thought I ought to due to the latest letter. I'll start a diary in the next couple of days but I'll quickly fill you in as to what's happened in the last few months. I had a few letters from Wescott which I ignored and debt was sent back to Barclaycard who then sold this debt to Hoist Portfolio and Robinson Way (all rights, title and interest). I'd sent a CCA to Barclaycard and their response was my name and address on an otherwise blank sheet of paper and a copy of t&c's booklet and no application form or anything else relevant. The last letter that I've received is titled "pre legal assessment" that say's "if I don't contact them in in the next 10 days they may pass it to their solicitors without further notice." I don't know whether I should send a new CCA or SWID, if indeed it has been sold, to the DCA. If anyone could tell what they would do if it were them I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure if you have received a letter before action (LBA) let's see what someone else thinks before you send anything, hold fire. x
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

they may this - they may that= wait for a solicitors letter of claim - then that is letter before action.

Comment

I would send a SWID as it may halt them for a short time,

Comment

Working...
                X