GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Decision Time - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Decision Time

They don't have my landline number, so that's a bonus, and I have a payg phone so can easily change my number.

Comment

I paid for my AAD subscription today but haven't heard anything back from you lot yet. Is everything OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dontknow View Post
        I paid for my AAD subscription today but haven't heard anything back from you lot yet. Is everything OK?
        Hi dontknow, thank you for joining AAD+

If you scroll down the main forum page you will now be able to see the AAD+ (PROTECTED FORUM) section.

Best wishes
        IF
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi, I have been receiving the barrage of phone calls for the last 3 months but I've managed to avoid answering any (don't answer phone to numbers that I don't know).

The lender is Barclaycard.
          They were the worst when I was at the start of my UE journey. You seem to have it sussed
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, I received another letter yesterday that just contains a copy of what looks like current T&C's and nothing else.

So going back to my cca response,which didn't contain an agreement, they have said "this completes our obligation under S78". Do I need to do anything? Should I upload it?

Thanks

Comment

no point in uploading the letter, we've seen hundreds and had quite a few of those ourselves.

I know you want to be doing but at the moment the best thing is to wait and see what comes next.

you're doing great fielding the calls, just try to chill, SB is a long way away for you and everyday day is a step closer.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                no point in uploading the letter, we've seen hundreds and had quite a few of those ourselves.

I know you want to be doing but at the moment the best thing is to wait and see what comes next.

you're doing great fielding the calls, just try to chill, SB is a long way away for you and everyday day is a step closer.
                Thanks MrsD, your right I need to sit on my hands for a while, but I'm so eager!!!!

Comment

we were all so eager in the beginning, then with time comes wisdom, the longer you wait the more time passes, ( grasshopper)
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                    we were all so eager in the beginning, then with time comes wisdom, the longer you wait the more time passes, ( grasshopper)
                    I could not have explained it better myself, Too true

Its hard not to but listen to the other members who are time served and have been where you are now

Its like fighting your instinct I know but you are the one taking back the control with this situation and it will make you feel better about it all.

Take your time, See what happens next. U/E is a long journey that is taken one step at a time at one step a day !!!!

Update - Just read through the whole thread - I can see that this is your only debt.
                    Last edited by Spud; 28 August 2015, 14:31.

Comment

Hi all and thanks for your knowledgeable comments, I do understand what you’re saying but just to outline my thinking on this:-
                      Barclaycard responded to my cca request by stating that they had enclosed a recon copy of my agreement (they did not). So to say that they did is either a lie (they don’t have it) or an error (they have it but forgot to put it in the envelope). As this is all about paper trails I’m thinking that I should write back immediately and give them the chance to rectify by sending the agreement, which they have already stated they have, by return of post. I’m sure some people here are already pretty sure that they don’t have it anyway.
                      Please feel free to comment in any way you wish, I don’t mind be told I’m wrong.
                      Thanks
                      dontknow

Comment

good morning DK,

in answer to your question, WAIT AND SEE WHAT THEY SEND NEXT !!!
                        this is how Barclaycard work,
                        you write with a request, they reply with something, not always what they say in the letter is correct, they know that,
                        they then hope you will write back and say something along the lines of, you have not sent xxxx in reference to MY account request, you have missed sending xxxx,
                        This then tells them what they need to do to rectify the problem and you have admitted the account is yours, SB reset to the date you said it was your account!.
                        So, you wait and see what they send next.
                        thisgives more time till SB and then allows you to use the next template letter in the box, that is worded in a way that you do not admit the debt is yours, but, puts your point across.

we have (had) 4 cc with Barclaycard, it has taken 3 years of letter ping pong, but with the help of this site, they have admitted all are EU as they cannot supply the agreements. feel free to read my Diary (Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt)

Chill and enjoy your weekend NW xx

Comment

good morning DK,

in answer to your question, WAIT AND SEE WHAT THEY SEND NEXT !!!
                          this is how Barclaycard work,
                          you write with a request, they reply with something, not always what they say in the letter is correct, they know that,
                          they then hope you will write back and say something along the lines of, you have not sent xxxx in reference to MY account request, you have missed sending xxxx,
                          This then tells them what they need to do to rectify the problem and you have admitted the account is yours, SB reset to the date you said it was your account!.
                          So, you wait and see what they send next.
                          thisgives more time till SB and then allows you to use the next template letter in the box, that is worded in a way that you do not admit the debt is yours, but, puts your point across.

we have (had) 4 cc with Barclaycard, it has taken 3 years of letter ping pong, but with the help of this site, they have admitted all are EU as they cannot supply the agreements. feel free to read my Diary (Nightwatch & Hubbys Diary of debt)

Chill and enjoy your weekend NW xx
                          Thanks Nightwatch, I'll put my hands firmly back under my bottom!

Comment

Thanks Nightwatch, I'll put my hands firmly back under my bottom!
                            I suggest you remove at least one for eating and drinking, Don't want you wasting away xx

Comment

I suggest you remove at least one for eating and drinking, Don't want you wasting away xx
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I agree, Capital One were bad but Barclaycard, unbelievable! Good luck with your fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X