GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Decision Time - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Decision Time

@ saltnvinegar I've not talked to them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknow View Post
      So my credit rating is screwed which ever way I go? That is something I hadn't thought about and kind of makes my decision easier. I'm going to send CCA request off today.
      Unless you pay the arrears and resume contractual payments, as I mentioned earlier.

Different creditors score differently on various criteria, but as a general rule, while defaults are a problem at least they drop off after 6 years. Arrangement to Pay markers are slightly less undesirable, but stay on the file for 6 years after the last payment. More info here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...cies-amp-CIFAS

Just take it one step at a time if that feels less daunting. Requesting a copy of the agreement is a legal right as SnV mentioned earlier, so no harm in doing that
      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

Elsa x

Comment

Hi, got a default notice yesterday. I'll upgrade my account later and upload it. It says "bring things up to date or they'll register with CRA's in 14 days" or something like that.

Comment

no need to upload, just file away, this is normal procedure

Comment

Hi, What should I put as a reference in the cca request? Should it be my credit card number or is that a big no no.

Comment

It's fine to put the card account number

Comment

dontknow
                I have just read your thread in its entirity and just wanted to pop in before going to bed to say that this forum really is the best place to be. i know you are feeling low at the moment (i have been there several years ago) but this is the place you can come whatever time you want to share your feelings about it all and wont get things thrown in your face. you will get real, honest, impartial advice from people who have been in debt before you, put simply.
                it feels very scary at first, but you will soon start to feel a lot better when you realise its not as bad as it sounds/feels.
                wishing you all the best with this.
                SA
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                  dontknow
                  I have just read your thread in its entirity and just wanted to pop in before going to bed to say that this forum really is the best place to be. i know you are feeling low at the moment (i have been there several years ago) but this is the place you can come whatever time you want to share your feelings about it all and wont get things thrown in your face. you will get real, honest, impartial advice from people who have been in debt before you, put simply.
                  it feels very scary at first, but you will soon start to feel a lot better when you realise its not as bad as it sounds/feels.
                  wishing you all the best with this.
                  SA
                  Hi SA Gold and thank you for your kind words. The truth is I already feel a little better. The most difficult thing was deciding which way to go, which I have now done. I sent my CCA request off on 14/08 so fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi all,
                    I have received a response to my cca request and it contains the following sentence-

“I enclose a reconstituted copy of your credit agreement.A copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with section 82 (1) of the Act has been (or will shortly be) sent to you under separate cover.”

The letter does not contain a copy of any agreement but does have a copy of T&c’s dated NOV 05 (credit card was takenout in 2001). Do I need to respond or should I wait until the time is up (cca request sent 14/08/2015).

Thanks in advance
                    Last edited by dontknow; 27 August 2015, 06:09.

Comment

the time doesn't really matter, I'd wait a bit and see what comes next (if anything) have you stopped paying?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        the time doesn't really matter, I'd wait a bit and see what comes next (if anything) have you stopped paying?
                        Hi, I last paid in May (full payment) not paid anything since.

Comment

OK let's see what happens next.....................

Comment

I agree, just wait. They haven't completed your request.

Comment

I agree too

Be prepared for a barrage of phone calls if they haven't already started. However, don't speak to them; just fail the security questions or put the phone down. Everything must be in writing so that you have a nice paper trail.

Which lender is this CC with? Some are more persistent than others with the phone calls but we have a template which can help to stop them or you could give them one of our numbers --->http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...r-Phone-Number
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                                I agree too

Be prepared for a barrage of phone calls if they haven't already started. However, don't speak to them; just fail the security questions or put the phone down. Everything must be in writing so that you have a nice paper trail.

Which lender is this CC with? Some are more persistent than others with the phone calls but we have a template which can help to stop them or you could give them one of our numbers --->http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...r-Phone-Number
                                Hi, I have been receiving the barrage of phone calls for the last 3 months but I've managed to avoid answering any (don't answer phone to numbers that I don't know).

The lender is Barclaycard.

Comment

Working...
                                X