GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help for husband - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for husband

My husband received a letter from Cabot about a M&S loan he took out years and years ago - he has not paid or spoken to anyone for over 10 years then out of the blue they send this letter offering him 90% discount It would have been defaulted over 6 years ago and is definitely SB - should he send a SB letter or just ignore them? He took this out at a completely different address to the one we've been at for the past 9 years.

Jane x

Re: Help for husband

I think they are fishing Jane, so I would ignore this one

Comment

Personally, I think I would ignore it in the first instance if there is no sort of threat in the letter.

Wait for a second input however from someone that knows more on Cabot than I do

EDIT - Mrs D beat me to it
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Why do you think they are offering 90%? because they know they have very little chance of collecting on it, I would stick it in F for file

Comment

Working...
        X