GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oakfieldboy Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakfieldboy Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital one/Lowell Credit Card

Letter from Lowell dated 17/10/2018 offering 50% discount if a repayment plan set up by 31/10/2018

Comment

Originally posted by oakfieldboy View Post
      • Type of account: Credit Card
      • Date commenced: February 2004
      • Approx balance: £7000.00
      • Date last paid Last Full payment in January 2008. Reduced Form February 2008
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently paying £1.00 per month
      • Account owner : Was Capital One now Lowell
      CCA request sent.
      CCA received from Lowell will scan to team
      Niddy says Credit agreement is enforceable
      25/03/2018 Payment stopped SO Cancelled
      26/03/2018
      SAR sent to the Capital One
      19/04/2018 SAR received from Capital One
      15/06/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment.
      16/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment and Annual Statement.
      30/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      14/08/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      17?10/2018 Letter from Lowell Re:discount
      Well no guarantees but the fact they are offering a 50% discount could be a good sign. Remember there is a lot more to enforcing in court than just an agreement as I and Joanna Connolly can testify to.
      Diana Mayhew any other comments?

I suppose it all depends on what your goal and situation is. Are you trying to wait it out for either UE or Statute Barred or are you wanting to minimise what you need to pay. I waited it out and now all my debts are SB. By the way my Cap ! card was from late 2005 and deemed enforceable but with Jo's help we defeated Lowell

Comment

Lloyds
        /Lowell Credit Card

Letter from Lowell dated 29/01/2019 Pre-Legal Assessment

We recently wrote to inform you that if you do not contact us to agree how you will repay your accounts ,or let us know why you are unable to do this , we may take legal action on one of the accounts listed above.

We have now selected your Lloyds Banking Group account with Lowell for possible legal action.

Legal Action Assessment of your Lloyds Banking Group account if you do not contact us by mid Feb to agree repayment solicitors may be instructed to take legal action to recover the selected account.

This will mean that court fees, solicitor's cost and interest will be added to the account which would increase the amount owed.

Should a CCJ be granted, this will be registered on your credit file for 6 years and may impact your ability to obtain any further credit.

Comment

Which debt is this?

Can you quote the history or say which post number has the background so suggestions can be made in context.

Di

Comment

Hi Diana it's Lloyds credit card post 19

Comment

Hi Diana it's Lloyds credit card post 19

Thank you

I've quoted the history below so forum members can see the story so far >

• Type of account: Credit Card
              • Date commenced: October 2003
              • Approx balance: £10100.00
              • Date last paid Last Full payment in January 2008. Reduced Form February 2008
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently paying £1.00 per month
              • Account owner : Lloyds managed by Robinson Way

CCA request sent.
              CCA received from Lloyds will scan to team.
              Word back from Niddy is this is UE....

25/03/2018 Payment stopped SO Cancelled
              03/04/2018 Letter from Robinson Way Re: payment proposals
              01/05/2018
              SAR received from Lloyds Bank
              16/05/2018 Letter from Robinson Way Re: overdue payment
              04/06/2018 Letter from Robinson Way Re:
              payment proposals
              14//06/2018 Letter from Robinson Way: Re: payment proposals
              26/07/2018 Letter from Lloyds Bank now assigned to Lowell
              26/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: Payment
              01/08/2018 Letter from Robinson Way:Re Payment
              29/01/2019 Letter from Lowell Pre-Legal Assessment

Di

Comment

did niddy say why it was UE ?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Niddy said it was UE as the terms weren’t those that came with the card.

Comment

you could send the Sold while in dispute letter to Lowell, this means you have replied to them, and they MAY just have a look at what they have,

they often send letters with MAY in them, must be their favorite month?
                    NW
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Personally I would not be doing anything that could give them an excuse to look at the details of your account such as what they have and what they have sent you. If you say the account was sold while in dispute then aren't you actually acknowledging the debt? The whole point of unenforceability to to get the debt statute barred as fast as possible. You are now a year in, if I have read your posts correctly.

Of course you do have the UE on your side but as this is UE due to non compliance with S77/79 then it could be remedied . If it was UE because the agreement was flawed it may be a different matter.

Comment

All the template letters are worded so you DONT acknowledged the debt, that is the point of them.
                        Lowell are now the new owner of the debt so do not know there is a dispute, so if you do nothing you risk the chance of a LBC

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          All the template letters are worded so you DONT acknowledged the debt, that is the point of them.
                          Lowell are now the new owner of the debt so do not know there is a dispute, so if you do nothing you risk the chance of a LBC
                          I have not read the current ones because they are not accessible. However, I have seen cases where template letters have been 'rubbished' in court and the 'debtor' made out to be a filthy debt dodger who is doing anything to avoid paying a lawful debt.

I am not disputing the fact the 'new' ones may be sound, I can not pass judgement on what I haven't seen but I do stand by my thoughts that at this point maybe nothing is the best action.

IMO this is far from a letter before claim, it hasn't even gone to Lowell solicitors yet (if ever). If it does then might be the time to send a letter . Of course we all have different opinions

Comment

The LBC is a fairly recent procedural change.
                            The SWID (which I have used to good effect BUT this was pre LBC and the agreement was flawed).
                            Your UE reason is good BUT ideally you want them to rely on what they have already sent.
                            The size of this debt means its a Fast Track Claim (NOT a small claim).

In this Case I would agree with Warwick65. Wait and see what their next letter says!

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

If a Letter Before Claim arrives then perhaps that's the time to respond. Or at least wait until Lowell Solicitors are instructed.

I agree with Warwick65 that if you tell them there's a dispute they may make an effort to remedy the flaw. In this case they could reconstitute the right Ts & Cs when the penny drops that they've sent the wrong Ts & Cs (according to Niddy and the OP) in response to a CCA Request.

Di

Comment

Lloyds credit card - Lowell post 19

Letter dated 3rd March 2019 received from Lowell solicitors stating letter of claim - 30 days to prevent legal action.
                                We act for Lowell portfolio 1 Ltd and we are instructed to recover your debt of £10900.00.
                                What do I need to do now.
                                You have 30 days from the date of this letter to either make a one off payment of £10900.00 or agree a payment plan or respond to this letter as set out in the following enclosed documents.
                                Information sheet.
                                Financial statement.
                                Reply form.

Could you please advise me what to do next. Thanks Oakfieldboy

Comment

Working...
                                X