GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oakfieldboy Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakfieldboy Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oakfieldboy View Post
    • Type of account: Loan
    • Date commenced: July 2005
    • Approx balance: £7000.00
    • Date last paid Last Full payment in January 2008. Reduced Form February 2008
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently paying £1.00 per month
    • Account owner : Halifax
    CCA request sent.
    CCA received from Halifax will scan to team.

Hello

I can't see any history for this debt on your thread which started in 2014. Has this one suddenly come out of the woodwork?

And have you been paying £1 per month since 2008?

Email the credit agreement to Niddy.

Di

Comment

• Type of account: Credit Card
      • Date commenced: February 2004
      • Approx balance: £6700.00
      • Account owner : Was Capital One now Lowell
      CCA request sent.
      CCA received from Lowell will scan to team
      Niddy says Credit agreement is enforceable
      25/03/2018 Payment stopped SO Cancelled
      26/03/2018
      SAR sent to the Capital One
      19/04/2018 SAR received from Capital One
      15/06/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment.
      16/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment and Annual Statement.
      30/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      14/08/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      13/09/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      17/10/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: discount
      19/06/2020 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      03/07/2020 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      19/07/2020 Annual Statement
      20/07/2020 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      03/08/2020 20% Discount Offer Letter
      18/08/2020 Letter from Lowell Re: payment
      02/09/2020Letter from Lowell Re: Credit Rating
      17/09/2020Letter from Lowell Re: Next Step Assessment
      02/10/2020Letter from Lowell Re: Next Step Assessment
      19/10/2020Letter from Lowell Re: Next Step Assessment
      02/11/2020 40% Discount Offer Letter
      11/05/2023 Letter from Lowell Re: Passed Account to
      16/05/2023 Letter from Phillips & Cohen

Last edited by oakfieldboy; 5 June 2023, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello

I can't see any history for this debt on your thread which started in 2014. Has this one suddenly come out of the woodwork?

And have you been paying £1 per month since 2008?

Email the credit agreement to Niddy.

Di

Hi no his as not suddenly come out of the woodwork and I started paying reduced amounts eventually down to £1.00 Just need to deal with it

Comment

• Date commenced: October 2003
          • Approx balance: £10100.00
          • Account owner : Lloyds managed by Robinson Way

CCA request sent.
          CCA received from Lloyds will scan to team.
          Word back from Niddy is this is UE....

25/03/2018 Payment stopped SO Cancelled
          03/04/2018 Letter from Robinson Way Re: payment proposals
          01/05/2018
          SAR received from Lloyds Bank
          16/05/2018 Letter from Robinson Way Re: overdue payment
          04/06/2018 Letter from Robinson Way Re:payment proposals
          14//06/2018 Letter from Robinson Way: Re: payment proposals
          26/07/2018 Letter from Lloyds Bank now assigned to Lowell
          26/07/2018 Letter from Lowell Re: Payment
          01/08/2018 Letter from Robinson Way:Re Payment
          29/01/2019 Letter from Lowell Pre-Legal Assessment
          03/03/2019 Letter of Claim from Lowell 30 days to Prevent Legal Action

27/03/2019 Reply form posted to Lowell solicitors today
          03/04/2019 Letter from Lowell Solicitors receipt of Pre- Action Protocol
          26/04/2019 Letter from Lowell Solicitors Re: copy of agreement
          20/05/2019 Niddy said agreement UE
          03/07/2019 Letter from Lowell Solicitors receipt of Pre- Action Protocol
          02/08/2019 Letter from Lowell Solicitors receipt of Pre- Action Protocol
          Last edited by oakfieldboy; 7 August 2019, 18:29.

Comment

• Date commenced: February 2004
            • Approx balance: £7000.00
            • Account owner : Was Capital One now Lowell

CCA request sent.
            CCA received from Lowell will scan to team

Niddy says Credit agreement is enforceable

The credit agreement may be ‘enforceable’ but that doesn’t necessarily mean the debt is enforceable in court.

There are many other reasons why a debt can be unenforceable such as assignment issues, unlicensed debt owner, non compliance with various statutory notices such as the Default Notice or failure to serve an annual Notice of Sums in Arrears etc etc.

We recently won a case against Lowells for an old Capital One credit card where the DN was flawed so the DJ dismissed their claim without the need to consider the credit agreement.

Was there PPI on this account?

Di

Comment

Definitely no PPI on account.

How would I find and understand this information, If I stop paying, Lowell would issue a claim as Lowell does not take any prisoners. I can`t afford to get a CCJ.

Comment

Definitely no PPI on account.

How would I find and understand this information, If I stop paying, Lowell would issue a claim as Lowell does not take any prisoners. I can`t afford to get a CCJ.
                You have to do your homework.

Even though you are only paying a minimum per month this wouldn't prevent Lowell from Suing you!! So it really is in your interests to do your homework here!

There is the paper work that you may or may not have and that held by the Original Creditor.

A SAR sent to the Capital One will give you what they have or hold or NOT (and hence enforceable or Not) especially now that Lowell have supplied a S 78 because they would have asked Capitol One and this should show on the SAR!!

Assignment? another area to look at.

This is an pre-2007 Credit Card look in the Diaries here to see how others have handled Capitol One CCA's

Could start by Blagging to Lowell and send a Missing P/T's letter!!
                Last edited by Roger; 11 March 2018, 12:05.

Comment

Niddy said the Halfax is UE because it was delivered by courier.

If I stop paying the £1.00 a month do I let them know why I am stopping the payment and is there any other threads to read about the agreement being delivered by courier so I can understand the process I am likely to go through.

Comment

Niddy said the Lloyds is UE because the
                    terms weren’t those that came with the card.

If
                    I stop paying how do I tell them why, or do wait until they reply and see what they say and ignore everything until a claim is issued.

Comment

Talk on phone to Diana M details in her post get a better picture of situation
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

The credit agreement may be ‘enforceable’ but that doesn’t necessarily mean the debt is enforceable in court.

There are many other reasons why a debt can be unenforceable such as assignment issues, unlicensed debt owner, non compliance with various statutory notices such as the Default Notice or failure to serve an annual Notice of Sums in Arrears etc etc.

We recently won a case against Lowells for an old Capital One credit card where the DN was flawed so the DJ dismissed their claim without the need to consider the credit agreement.

Was there PPI on this account?

Di
                        Not sure if Di is referring to my case which was a 2005 card which Niddy said was enforceable but when we came to trial we did not even get to discuss three or four of the points Joanna Connolly had raised in my defence - The DN was rubbish and the Judge saw that and ruled on that alone - Oh and Lowell had to pay quite a lot of costs as well. Happy days :-)

Comment

If I stop paying, Lowell would issue a claim as Lowell does not take any prisoners. I can`t afford to get a CCJ.

This is your Capital One debt assigned to Lowells..

If you stop paying and Lowells decide to issue a claim then they have to follow the Pre Action Protocol process which was introduced on 1st October last year (2017). You should be sent a Letter Before Claim giving you 30 days to reply during which they shouldn't issue a claim against you while they deal with your response.

It'll be an oppotunity for you to ask them to produce documents such as the Default Notice etc.

If you carry on paying Lowells they may still decide to issue a claim - paying is no guarantee they won't issue a claim.

However issuing a claim is also no guarantee that they'll win in court as Warwick has posted

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

Not sure if Di is referring to my case which was a 2005 card which Niddy said was enforceable but when we came to trial we did not even get to discuss three or four of the points Joanna Connolly had raised in my defence - The DN was rubbish and the Judge saw that and ruled on that alone - Oh and Lowell had to pay quite a lot of costs as well. Happy days

Yes I was referring to your case which you won

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                            Well yesterday, thanks to Joanna Connolly solicitors and Diana Mayhew with a little help from Tom Brennan I soundly beat Lowell is a claim for £5200 in the small claims court. Not only did we beat them but we also got costs for their unreasonable behaviour in continuing with a 'hopeless' case and the 'unintentional' misleading of the court by their representative at an earlier hearing.

The issue was decided on one thing alone and that was that no default notice had been served on me , not just a bad DN but no DN. They were unable to even produce a recon just an template DN with insert name here etc on it.

Tom did not even get to argue that the dates they claimed it was served on did not tally with the SAR I had sent to Cap 1

Neither did he get to argue an illegible credit agreement or a defective assignment or non compliance with S78(1)

All in all a good day for me and a bad one for Lowell
                            Link to thread > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...k65-1-lowell-0

Di

Comment

If
                              I stop paying how do I tell them why, or do wait until they reply and see what they say and ignore everything until a claim is issued.

Wait until what claim is issued? You're a long way off getting a county court claim

As I said previously they would have to send you a Letter Before Claim first.

This forum advises members to always wait for the next letter before deciding your next step. So see what they do before you send them a letter telling them why you believe they've got it wrong because that might prompt them to try harder to get it right (e.g reconstitute the correct Ts & Cs etc).

Sometimes a creditor knows in their heart of hearts that the credit agreement is unenforceable, but they hope that you don't know that.

S 78 CCA is for 'information' purposes not 'proof' purposes, so they may think they have got what they need to satisfy your request by sending you information, but they could be a long way off proving the documents they sent you are 'honest and accurate'.

Di

Comment

I really am with Di on this one

Out of all my debts - and there were a lot, this was the one that really worried me because it seemed to an uneducated eye they had what they needed but they didn't. I also must add, it really wasn't just the DN that would have won the case, they were also unable to show just how the debt had accrued

Lowell really are no different to any other debt purchaser ( well they are authorised but that's by the by)

While I can not tell you or even suggest what you should do, I stopped paying in 2012 and they sent the LBA in mid 2016 and the claim form in Feb 2017. Once that happened if at any point Joanna Connolly had thought there was a case they could win then I would have settled with an arrangement .

Comment

Working...
                                X