GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any solicitors here to help??? What can I do???

14-21 days mate

However few b/hols so I'd give till next Friday then fire a reminder the Monday after.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

See this for useful info (from the FOS):---> http://www.legalcomplaints.org.uk/home.page
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Still no reply. Spoken to their office and partner in charge of my complaint away until 5th July! Made a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman!

Comment

That's crazy. There's only one person can deal with it I assume. Well done for complaining - didn't realise FOS had taken over sol's complaints as well, hope it doesn't mean even longer waits.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
            didn't realise FOS had taken over sol's complaints as well, hope it doesn't mean even longer waits.
            They haven't mate - it is the Legal Ombudsman - that FOS link is just listing all the resources available (click it) :niddy

Comment

Received a letter from Eastleys today, funny that after I'd informed then on Tuesday I'd taken the matter to the Legal Ombudsman!

Attached to the letter was a cheque for £269 as one instalment for the monies owed to me. They say they will pay the remaining outstanding money over the next 8 months.

I am not happy with this. I paid them over a 5 month period but they want to refund me over 9 months! If they cant pay me in full (which I find incredibly hard to fathom) then surely I can expect to be re-paid in the same manner as I paid them?

Comment

Now they have admitted liability, have you considered sending them a Letter Before Action. If a solicitors get a CCJ then it is going to hurt them. They also know they would have no chance of winnning the case as they've already admitted liability.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                  Now they have admitted liability, have you considered sending them a Letter Before Action. If a solicitors get a CCJ then it is going to hurt them. They also know they would have no chance of winnning the case as they've already admitted liability.
                  Ooooh that's harsh (but oh so true)

* mental note, don't piss caspar off

Comment

Furthermore as they where working for you a complaint should be made to the SRA

Consider this if they are insisting on part payments to you, how many more consumers are facing the same.

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/prob...wes-money.page

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/prob...solicitor.page

Regards

Comment

Legal Ombudsman have spoken to Eastleys. They have agreed to re-pay me in four more instalments of £471 starting next week. I am happy to accept this!

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
                        Legal Ombudsman have spoken to Eastleys. They have agreed to re-pay me in four more instalments of £471 starting next week. I am happy to accept this!
                        Did they add anything on top as way as compensation/interest etc? You'd be eligible to demand at least 8% p/a

Comment

I read through thread and was keen to read HSBC v Carey case. Link was broken but I find it here http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...2009/3417.html
                          Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Did they add anything on top as way as compensation/interest etc? You'd be eligible to demand at least 8% p/a
                            Nothing. However, relieved to be getting my money back!

Comment

Working...
                            X