GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Confused help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Confused help please

Hi all,
    CABOT again, I just don't seem to be able to get through to these people.
    After their last letter in April I again informed them that they had again failed to comply to my CCA requests and my letters explaining that this was a LOAN account that had been amalgamated into an overdraft. But it just seems it's falling on deaf ears.
    I have received a reply today from my last letter to them in April and they state as they are unable to contact me it may be that I need some help to understand this account more. NO I DON'T. If I am experiencing difficulties then they will spend some time to understand my personal situation and set up a payment plan for me as they are experienced in helping thousands of customers to being debt free each month. LOL
    We need to talk to you as the balance needs to be cleared and this could affect my credit file and any new credit.
    Once we know your financial situation we will help you with free advice for this and any other budget planning I need.
    NO THANKS.

I have sent CCA requests to them, they replied with This is a current account overdraft so CCA does not apply.
    informed them this was not the case, but the only replies I get now is PAY UP.

Sent SAR to Coop Bank. They said account to old it's from 1999 and paperwork was no longer available.

Any advice what to do next please as I'am really worried about this

Comment

I would probably ignore for a while and see what they send next. At present they are not threatening anything, just being a pain.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Cymruambyth Will ignore
        I'am going through old letters and CABOT wrote to me on 13 Sept 13 acknowledging my letters of the 24 July and 15 Aug 13 and said that it is not unlawful or forbidden to merge a loan with and current account but they will send the CCA request to the Coop Bank and let me know when they are in receipt of same To date nothing.
        Coop have already told me they don't appear to have it.
        After re reading correspondence from the Coop re my SAR request they say due to the age of this account they are unable to recover any other history on the account but have enclosed a copy of a charge sheet for loan in 1999/2000 .
        I've gone through a hundred and odd pages mostly blank and I can't understand what this charge sheet is , know I'am a bit thick but Charge sheet. Can you tell me what I should be looking for please

Comment

What is on the sheet?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Cymruambyth
            all thats in the bundle is current account statements starting from Dec 2000 showing a balance of £9543.78 o/d and transactions from then till 10 July 2009 balance Nil. Account closed
            That's it. So I'am stumped

Comment

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
              Hi Cymruambyth
              all thats in the bundle is current account statements starting from Dec 2000 showing a balance of £9543.78 o/d and transactions from then till 10 July 2009 balance Nil. Account closed
              Well, if the balance is nil, then there's nothing owing on it......

That's what it says.
              Remember the mantra:
              NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
              Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
              Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Hi Cymruambyth
                Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                Well, if the balance is nil, then there's nothing owing on it......

That's what it says.
                Thank you P1 for your reply.

I thought this was because my account had been taken over by Fredrickson''s
                I continued to pay them for another 4 years, until I found AAD, and with advice from the wonderful people here I stopped the monthly payments,but CABOT are shouting for £6859 for a Coop overdraft which is a loan amalgamated with my current account back in 2000

Comment

When the account is sold the balance with the OC does show £0.

Comment

Quite correct. I had 6 months statements from Barclaycard showing a £0.00 balance.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      Yes but shows NIL balance July 2009. And the account was sold in March 2013
                      this is what I don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                        Yes, I know.... so it then becomes up the purchasing company to establish the facts prior to the nll balance showing, which Cabot don't seem able to do.

It really isn't up to you to work out. As strange as it may seem, if the paperwork is in your favour then leave it alone until/unless Cabot turn the heat up. You can then ask them for the specifics under CPUTR.
                        Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Yes, I know.... so it then becomes up the purchasing company to establish the facts prior to the nll balance showing, which Cabot don't seem able to do.

It really isn't up to you to work out. As strange as it may seem, if the paperwork is in your favour then leave it alone until/unless Cabot turn the heat up. You can then ask them for the specifics under CPUTR.
                          Thank you PriorityOne
                          I'am beginning to understand now, that must be why they are not replying to my CCA requests and keep asking me what information I have and can I forward it on to them. Won't be doing that. Just ignore them for now
                          Thanks again I feel a bit better now

Comment

if the paperwork is in your favour then leave it alone until/unless Cabot turn the heat up. You can then ask them for the specifics under CPUTR.

Oldandblue read PriorityOne's thread on CPUTR for inspiration http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post139948

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Oldandblue read PriorityOne's thread on CPUTR for inspiration http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post139948
                              Thank you PlanB, I'll read that now, I certainly need something to pick me up and get me going.

Comment

Thank you PriorityOne
                                I'am beginning to understand now, that must be why they are not replying to my CCA requests and keep asking me what information I have and can I forward it on to them. Won't be doing that. Just ignore them for now
                                Thanks again I feel a bit better now
                                Hiya again, quick update
                                Received another letter from CABOT today, this time it's a statement of account for my current account, and a notice of arrears,they say that I'am in arrears of £6800 and minimum payment required is £6800. As I have failed to make my payments I have broken the terms of this credit agreement and this could lead to legal action and also additional costs being added
                                i need to call them ASAP and make a payment. NO CHANCE.

Still no CCA as requested on more that one occasion, and no acknowledgement that this is a LOAN

Any advice on what to do now please?

THANKS

Comment

Working...
                                X