GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Confused help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Confused help please

[QUOTE=Oldandblue;397699]Hiya again, quick update
    Received another letter from CABOT today, this time it's a statement of account for my current account, and a notice of arrears,they say that I'am in arrears of �6800 and minimum payment required is �6800. As I have failed to make my payments I have broken the terms of this credit agreement and this could lead to legal action and also additional costs being added
    i need to call them ASAP and make a payment. NO CHANCE.

Still no CCA as requested on more that one occasion, and no acknowledgement that this is a LOAN

Any advice on what to do now please?

THANKS.

Sorry I forgot to ask should I send a Final response - UE ( no CCA received) or something else. Or should I just ignore.

Comment

Hi

This is just a waste of trees, but I'm a firm believer in the paper trail so I would send a one liner

Dear Nutwits

I refer to the letter of blah blah, and note that this has not been addressed.

love and kisses and may you get a bad case of hanging piles

old andblue

just fill in the blanks for the dates and you might want to change the greetings but thats all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        Hi

This is just a waste of trees, but I'm a firm believer in the paper trail so I would send a one liner

Dear Nutwits

I refer to the letter of blah blah, and note that this has not been addressed.

love and kisses and may you get a bad case of hanging piles

old andblue

just fill in the blanks for the dates and you might want to change the greetings but thats all you need.

Thanks Mrs D, Understand what you are saying, but is it not time to send them something a bit stronger and try to get CABOT to take notice of my letters.

Comment

Hi, Sorry to be a pain but can someone help me, I'am not computer savvy I've been trying to set out my dairy properly and I type it all up and then when I press post I find that I've been logged out, log in again and find most of it has disappeared , only the first 5or6 lines are there, start again and same thing happens. I've given up now. Also the same thing happens when I try to post. Any suggestions where I'am going wrong. Thanks

Comment

We are having some glitches with the forum servers so it could be that.

Did you tick the "Remember me" box when you logged in? If not that can cause you to time out.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie, yes I've done that but this started before the site problems the other day. I'am wondering if is because I'am using an ipad?

Comment

The forum logs you out after 15min, and even the remember me option does not always help retain what you were writing.

Best tactic is to:

- Write a little bit and the click the "go advanced" button.
                - Then every 5 mins or so while writing your post click the "preview" post button.

Doing that sets you back to the start of the 15 mins each time, preventing you ever being logged out and losing what you typed.

Other option is to write the post in something like word and copy/paste it here all in one go.

Whatever works for you.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Riz, I'll try that and see what happens. Fingers crossed

Comment

Hiya, a bit of advice if possible please, brief outline Jan 99 bank loan £12050. In 2000 got into difficulties, making token payments account DEFAULTED, bank transferred loan in current account now O/D by 9K. CABOT bought Account in March 13 balance was £6989 stopped payments of £26 pm and sent CCA they said this was an overdraft and not a loan. SAR'd COOP all I got was statements showing my payments from dec 2000 to July 2009 balance nil account closed. Queried where other payment were from 2009 to 2013 and credit agreement and also the so called signed agreement with me to transfer the loan into C/Acc. ( I didn't ). Bank told me they had no loan agreement and could I give them info about this. They then sent me screen shots which were difficult to read and a lot of which were in code

After going through and through all of these screen shots I've found this
                    Shows old loans , no of payments , Amount of loan, ACCEPTED and the date
                    Then this . Applied for loan 1999. Loan amount £12050. This is the one above DECLINED DECLINED. WELL that's strange cos they put the money into my account.
                    And there was this note 17/10/07 letter processed Arrangement now with PHEONIX. Customer wants details of loan as bank told her didn't own this now. Customer happy with our explanation DONT remember that. Wonder if it was sold on in 2007
                    CABOT still haven't come up with the loan agreement by continue to hassle me been phoning all day for past couple of days. Don't answer them.

Comment

Hi Oldandblue,
                      Have you made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman yet, following the Coops final answer?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        Hi Oldandblue,
                        Have you made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman yet, following the Coops final answer?

Elsa x
                        Hiya Undercover Elsa, and thank you for your reply, No I haven't done one yet I was waiting to see what CABOT was going to do next,
                        they are still in DEFAULT of my CRA request, COOP haver admitted that there' s major problems with this loan and I was gobsmacked when I read that rubbish in their notes yesterday. It's all just very confusing to me. Oh and CABOT are still insisting that this is an overdraft.

Thank you

Comment

OK, well I think that may be the way forward now, as once it's with the FOS Cabot should finally get the message.
                          Could you copy us in to the Co ops final response?

Niddy is away at the minute but see what he thinks when he gets back.

Seems you've got on a merry go round of Cabot template threats. I think they know full well that there's big issues with this account but they're hoping you'll panic and blink before they do. So don't.
                          If they were going to back up their threats they'd have done it by now, so keep calm, hold your stance and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                            OK, well I think that may be the way forward now, as once it's with the FOS Cabot should finally get the message.
                            Could you copy us in to the Co ops final response?

Niddy is away at the minute but see what he thinks when he gets back.

Seems you've got on a merry go round of Cabot template threats. I think they know full well that there's big issues with this account but they're hoping you'll panic and blink before they do. So don't.
                            If they were going to back up their threats they'd have done it by now, so keep calm, hold your stance and you'll be fine.
                            Thank you Undercover Elsa, Early this year I did get on to FOS and they sent me some forms to fill in, but to be honest many a day I find it difficult to concentrate due to my medication, every time it go through the papers I find something else that wrong,
                            the final response letter from the COOP do I just put it on here or do I sent it to Niddy
                            This time I'am determined not to take what these people tell me as kosher like I have in the past and I'll be be backing down to CABOT
                            Thank You

Comment

If you are going to send it to Niddy I would wait a week until he is back from his holiday and had a chance to clear the backlog!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                If you are going to send it to Niddy I would wait a week until he is back from his holiday and had a chance to clear the backlog!
                                Thanks Cymruambyth,
                                i could post it here if Niddy will be very busy, To me it's just 2 pages of excuses to cover their own backs,

Comment

Working...
                                X