GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Confused help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confused help please

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
    Hi MISSY thanks for your reply. Yes the letters are cracking . I haven't discovered what UE is yet and I will read your diary
    I'm still trying to find my way around here but I'll get there, I just found AAD this morning nearly pass it by. Soooo glad I didn't
    Hey,
    No problem, i remember what it was like when i stumbled across the Gem that is AAD - there is so much valuable information!
    Have a read and keep your diary updated. You are in good hands here!

Best,
    Missy
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya all. Just a quick update on Cabot sent letters on the 18th July 13 #31 from niddy got reply today 20th July I don't believe it. they say Co op advised there's no dispute. Contact us within 21days to discuss repayment or kindly forward us copies of your evidence to aid our investigations lol no chance if we don't here from you in the time scale account will return to collections dept. looks to me that yet again they are failing to comply with my requests Anyway who kidding who letter sent 18th reply received today 20th. Impossible
      Co op do know about the dispute and confirmed it to me In previous phone calls said they had lost my original letters but they were logged on their systems and to resend the SAR. ASAP outlining what parts I wanted. Sent it off again last week asking for everything about all my accounts also sent letter #31 considering nobody is supposed to know anything about this. I just happened to check my CRA file and guess what The default has been removed That's a really good piece of news. Thank you

Comment

Just sit tight. Don't write back. Lets see what coop send out
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

O.K. Will do that thanks

Comment

Hiya all in a bit of a distressed state I'm terrified in case CABOT comes after my house for this debt don't know if what I have being reading. (Else where ) stupid in know is correct but I now fear I could loose my house to these git's I think that if I transferred the mortgage to my son it will be deprivation of capital cos it will.be class as a sale not sure if I added to the deeds will he be classed as joint owner? Can somebody tell me what's what please or how to get out of this situation please
            Last edited by Oldandblue; 22 July 2013, 20:26.

Comment

Chill. Cabot have never "taken" anyone's house from here. In fact I think you'll find our preferred solicitor quite likes spanking Cabot.

No two cases are the same. Don't worry about what you may have read elsewhere. We have many users here that have dealings with Cabot.

Relax a little. You're in very safe hands.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Chill. Cabot have never "taken" anyone's house from here. In fact I think you'll find our preferred solicitor quite likes spanking Cabot.

No two cases are the same. Don't worry about what you may have read elsewhere. We have many users here that have dealings with Cabot.

Relax a little. You're in very safe hands.
                Very True Niddy and Paul have seen Cabot off many times.

Comment

Oldandblue just sit tight as Nids advised, I know it's difficult but most of these letters are just preprinted mailshots and some numpty just presses a button hoping to scare you into coughing up. Dealing with the muppets is a long drawn out process and believe it or not, we're really good at it here, try and relax, don't worry and just let us know if you have any other replies.

chin up, it'll be fine, this mob are well out of order

Comment

Seems like they have achieved their result. They intend to frighten you to death! Looks like it's worked.
                    This is how debt collectors work.
                    Now let me assume that you are so scared, that you actually talk to them on the phone, and say that you are broke, you have no money, and cannot pay.

Mr Friendly debt collector offers you a way out, can you afford to pay me £1.00 a month? You feel that this is affordable, you admit that you owe them money, give them your debit card payment. Huge sigh of relief!

You have just made the biggest mistake of your life. You have entered into a contract, known as "novation of contract" with a debt collector!

Don't talk to them, don't admit any debt, and most certainly don't pay them.

They will not take your house, sell your Daughter into slavery, send your Wife into Prostitution, or use your body parts in repayment of your alleged debt.

Scare tactics, and you seem to be falling for them.

Please listen to the advice you are given on this forum. Do not do anything without asking.

Comment

Hiya everyone And thanks for that feel a little better I know I'm in safe hand here but you know when you get that little niggle Oh. Genie wept don't know if I can take anymore I'm normally a strong person but with my health problems which is a major headache I'm all over the place at the moment my first concern is take care of me bairn Lol he's 27 but that's me I think they are going after me cos they have been looking to see what I've got Oh get it off never sept for over a week tell myself pull yourself together girl and don't let these tw with hats on get the better of you at the end of the day my house is my my major concern and they an't gonna get it Not for a pitterly 6k I hope

Comment

There are loads of us here with single debts a lot higher than 6k, and we have yet to have our houses taken trust me.

My advice would be to not even look at other forums, just stay here, read peoples diaries, search for DCA's that you deal with, see how its panned out with other members.

You will get to the point where their letters no longer scare you, infact you will end up just giggling at their pathetic attempts.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya everyone. Just a quick update got another letter today from CABOT customer assurance dept Says thank you for your telephone call on 19th July 13. Errr NO definitely NOT. Sent niddy's letter to them on the 18 July Sorry you have had to raise concerns about your account find enclosed a copy of our internal complaints procedure. Take time and read it we will contact you again when we have looked into this matter Umm. Dinnit bother pet Can't even rely to my correspondence correctly. AGAIN. Beginning to wonder if these clowns nar their arse from their elbow

Comment

Lol just ignore it. See what they say in response to your letter

Comment

Thanks. Yes I intend to. I'am sick of all the worry just got my BP down and finally realised I can do this especially with all the good advice and support from everyone here So it's gonna be "over ya head girl" from here on in thanks everyone

Comment

Some advice please

Hiya
                                have finally received a reply from the Coop bank re my SAR request
                                A covering letter states that they are unable to recover the history on the accounts due to the age of it and have enclosed a charge sheet for a loan taken out in 1999/2000 this is just the payments I made after I got into difficulties but nothing before that Also there is no loan agreement only 2 old ones from 1995 that were paid off
                                there is no info on my current account and no mention of an overdraft. there is 131sheets of paper for an account that I opened for my son which is now closed

This account has now been sold to CABOT who are demanding payment
                                any advice of what to do now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X