GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparkles View Post

It looks the they did white labelling with mine, looking at the old statements the paying slip says MBNA and the direct debits on my bank statement did too. I definitely didn't go into a branch (what's one of those? ) and I don't recall signing anything (but obviously I can't be sure as it was over 13 years ago).

I don't think I can do anything now except wait and see what happens next. Fortunately I've vastly improved my financial position over the last few years, down from 8 debts to 3 and this is the only one that has much of a chance of legal action so I'm not too bothered about employing JCS if necessary.
    Silence is golden!

Comment

• I think there have historically been some serious problems with MBNA. Of course yours is relatively recent but there is more than one way to skin a cat. Agreements can be UE for a whole host of reasons.

For what it’s worth, just try to make sure your files are in order, so letters and emails are collated and filed. That way at, if you do need to do homework it will be easier.

I am the worlds worst at what ifs so before I know it have a hundred plans. Deal with what you know.

Comment

• I'm quite organised in that respect, I have all letters and emails filed together along with a set of most statments since 2010 (from when I made an affordability complaint).

I'll post updates if/when anything happens

Comment

Virgin(MBNA) / Virgin
          • Type of account - Credit card
          • Account owner - Virgin (Originally Virgin administered by MBNA, then moved to Virgin in March 2015)
          • Date commenced - April 2010
          • Approx balance - £8,500
          • Date last 'full' payment - June 2021
          • Arrangement - Not paying
          • Status - Defaulted
          • 25/6/21 - Affordability complaint sent to Virgin
          • 24/8/21 - Response from Virgin - affordability complaint rejected
          • 15/12/12 - Affordability complaint sent to FOS
          • 19/2/22 - CCA request sent to Virgin
          • 24/3/22 - £1 CCA request cheque cashed
          • 13/8/22 - Letter from Virgin, your payment plan has been broken, please make repayments or we may have to issue default notice,
          • 11/11/22 - Letter from Virgin about CCA request, they say they have enclosed the information they have at the moment and will send the rest as soon as possible.
          • 18/12/22 - Complaint submitted to Virgin about failure to default account
          • 12/2/23 - Letter from Virgin - they have raised a DSAR to provide a copy of the credit agreement.
          • 1/3/23 - CCA received from Virgin, sent to Niddy to check - no reply
          • 3/3/23 - Affordability complaint rejected by FOS
          • 7/3/23 - Default complaint sent to FOS - over 8 weeks with no response
          • 19/5/23 - Default date complaint rejected by Virgin
          • 20/9/23 - Default notice received from Virgin
          • 11/10/23 - Complaint about failure to default upheld by FOS - £250 compenstation refunded directly to my bank account.
          • 14/10/23 - Account defaulted
          • 7/11/23 - Notice of assignment recevied - sold to Intrum UK Finance Limited, being administered by Capquest and managed by Moorcroft.
          This has now been sold to Intrum UK Finance Limited, are they still not authorised to bring claims?
          Last edited by Sparkles; 28 November 2023, 15:57.

Comment

• @Sparkles
            • 23/10/23 - Account defaulted
            • 7/11/23 - Notice of assignment recevied - sold to Intrum UK Finance Limited, being administered by Capquest and managed by Moorcroft.
            23/10/23 Is this the Date the Default Notice was issued or the last Date for avoiding Default?

For Intrum See
            Sam Audley
            15 March 2021
            https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...ed#post1539265

Comment

• I just noticed I had the date wrong (now corrected), 13th October was the last date for avoiding a default, and they sent a letter dated 14th October saying that they had terminated the agreement.

I'd seen posts about Intrum but I didn't know if they had rectified anything since then.

Comment

I just noticed I had the date wrong (now corrected), 13th October was the last date for avoiding a default, and they sent a letter dated 14th October saying that they had terminated the agreement.
                I'd seen posts about Intrum but I didn't know if they had rectified anything since then.
                ".. sold to Intrum UK Finance Limited, being administered by Capquest and managed by Moorcroft. .."
                So they have farmed it out!

For the moment the tactics are Silence because your Statute Bar clock has it seems just started you a re looking to Dec 2029.
                See what they do next?
                Last edited by Roger; 29 November 2023, 17:28.

Comment

Virgin(MBNA) / Virgin
                  • Type of account - Credit card
                  • Account owner - Intrum UK Finance Ltd
                  • Date commenced - April 2010 (Originally Virgin administered by MBNA, then moved to Virgin in March 2015)
                  • Approx balance - £8,500
                  • Date last 'full' payment - June 2021
                  • Arrangement - Not paying
                  • Status - Defaulted
                  • 25/6/21 - Affordability complaint sent to Virgin
                  • 24/8/21 - Response from Virgin - affordability complaint rejected
                  • 15/12/12 - Affordability complaint sent to FOS
                  • 19/2/22 - CCA request sent to Virgin
                  • 24/3/22 - £1 CCA request cheque cashed
                  • 13/8/22 - Letter from Virgin, your payment plan has been broken, please make repayments or we may have to issue default notice,
                  • 11/11/22 - Letter from Virgin about CCA request, they say they have enclosed the information they have at the moment and will send the rest as soon as possible.
                  • 18/12/22 - Complaint submitted to Virgin about failure to default account
                  • 12/2/23 - Letter from Virgin - they have raised a DSAR to provide a copy of the credit agreement.
                  • 1/3/23 - CCA received from Virgin, sent to Niddy to check - no reply
                  • 3/3/23 - Affordability complaint rejected by FOS
                  • 7/3/23 - Default complaint sent to FOS - over 8 weeks with no response
                  • 19/5/23 - Default date complaint rejected by Virgin
                  • 20/9/23 - Default notice received from Virgin
                  • 11/10/23 - Complaint about failure to default upheld by FOS - £250 compenstation refunded directly to my bank account.
                  • 14/10/23 - Account defaulted
                  • 11/12/23 - Letter from Moorcroft, we've been unable to make contact with you, please contact us as soon as possible.
                  • 6/1/24 - Letter from Moorcroft, please contact us to arrange payment plan
                  • 20/1/24 - Letter from Moorcroft, please contact us - repayment plan or discount is available.
                  • 3/2/24 - Letter from Moorcroft, we may be able to offer a discount, please contact us.
                  • 12/2/24 - Letter from Moorcroft - 30% discount offer.
                  Hmm, a 30% discount offer already.
                  Last edited by Sparkles; 12 February 2024, 10:37.

Comment

Working...
                  X