GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
    Thanks for the advice - I've kept all letters I've received from every lender since starting the debt managment plan. I'm just about to email Stepchange to cancel my arrangement with them, and I won't engage with PRA in any way.
    Colin G Quinn
    Has already explained in your diary here about this Barclaycard
    https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...05#post1544105
    and here about PRA reporting on your CRA's
    https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...07#post1544107

Nationwide still haven't replied about the CCA request, although they sent me a letter a few days laters saying they intended to issue a default and that if the agreed payments weren't made on time they would pass it to their recoveries team.
    Do you have evidence that Nationwide have received your S.78 CCA (plus £1) sent 17th Feb 2022?
    This might by Post Office receipt and or Postal Order or Paid Cheque?

The letter seems to have crossed in the post with theirs dated 22nd Feb 2022 .
    At this moment this is UE. Time to stop payments and wait and see what they do next!

Comment

Yes, the £1 cheque was paid on the 23rd February and I have confirmation by secure message on 21st March saying the request was received and passed on on 25th February. I'd asked them for that but I'll leave things now.

Comment

How far did PRA take it, if you don't mind me asking?
        Not at all, sharing experiences is one reason we're here.

My full diary is here, but if you'd like to cut straight to the legal shenanigans with PRA/Barclaycard go straight to this post instead.

In short they started a claim against me, I used the 'fighting fund' saved from stopped StepChange payments to fight it, and won. Ultimately they had none of the documentation required to even begin to prove ownership of a debt.
        Last edited by Night Monkey; 6 April 2022, 11:56.

Comment

Thanks. A year ago I thought I had to make minimum payments at all costs and was swapping cash back and forth between cards to achieve that. Starting with Stepchange came as a relief as I realised I could pay less than that, albeit with defaults on my credit report. Now thanks to help on here I've seen that there is even more I can do (or less depending how you look at it). I've made affordability complaints which resulted in a Tesco card I had being all but wiped out with the default back dated and an interest refund on the Aqua card. I've also had a Paypal complaint upheld by the FOS which should halve the balance, but Paypal haven't responded yet.

I'm feeling much better about things now, it's a shame I didn't do all this before.

Comment

"I'm feeling much better about things now, it's a shame I didn't do all this before".
            we all said that after finding this site.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Starting with Stepchange came as a relief...
              That's exactly how it was for me, providing a very welcome breathing space while I sorted myself out. Once it was pointed out to me that they are funded by the lenders to give themselves an air of compassion I felt less bad about 'using' them for the initial admin before pulling the plug.
              Last edited by Night Monkey; 6 April 2022, 21:41.

Comment

Nationwide
                • Type of account - Credit card
                • Date commenced - August 2004
                • Approx balance - £11,000
                • Date last 'full' payment - June 2021
                • Arrangement - Not paying
                • Status - Arrangment to pay
                • 17/2/22 - CCA request sent to Nationwide
                • 23/2/22 - CCA request cheque paid
                • 24/2/22 - Letter from Nationwide - they intend to issue default, won't take things further if payment agreement is kept to.
                • 21/3/22 - Response to secure message received saying request had been received and passed to relevant dept on 25/2/22.
                • 6/7/22 - Letter from Nationwide - please pay outstanding amount
                • 6/7/22 - Text message from Nationwide - please contact us.
                Nationwide have started contacting me now, but no response at all to the CCA request. It's annoying that they still haven't defaulted the account.
                Last edited by Sparkles; 6 July 2022, 11:46.

Comment

Its UE until they fulfill your S.78 request.
                  Don't be concerned about their delay or otherwise to issue a Default Notice. One step at a time
                  SO SILENCE and sitting on HANDS

Comment

Egg/Barclaycard/PRA
                    • Type of account - Credit card
                    • Date commenced - August 2001
                    • Approx balance - £7,000
                    • Date last 'full' payment - June 2021
                    • Arrangement - Not paying
                    • Status - Defaulted July 2021
                    • 8/3/22 - CCA request sent to PRA
                    • 14/3/22 - CCA request acknowldgment from PRA
                    • 5/4/22 - Letter from PRA, saying currently unenforcable with 1 year of Barclaycard statements enclosed.
                    • 8/7/22 - Letter from PRA, varied conditions enclosed with letter from Barclaycard saying they can't provide historic terms.
                    PRA have provided some varied terms but they are undated. It seems a bit odd as they enclosed a letter from Barclaycard to me saying they can still demand payment even though Barclaycard don't own the debt, and on the other side is a letter from PRA to Barlcaycard saying they are unable to provide historic terms.

Comment

Varied terms are not originals. If they can't provide original terms, it follows that they can't provide original agreement.

Comment

I understand that - I just thought it was odd that there was a letter from Barclaycard when it's nothing to with them now, and that they'd sent me Barclaycard's letter saying they were unable to provide the originial.

Comment

I find your post #55 slightly confusing. "on the other side is a letter from PRA to Barlcaycard saying they are unable to provide historic terms."

Should that be the other way round?
                          Who actually OWNS the debt?

Comment

Sorry it should say to PRA from Barclaycard. PRA own the debt now, maybe that's just a Barclaycard template.

A 10% discount offer has appeared in my PRA account so I'm feeling quite comfortable about ignoring it now.

Comment

A 10% discount offer has appeared in my PRA account
                              Where are you seeing this?

Comment

Seems PRA simply sent you a copy of Barclaycard's letter to them (PRA)!
                                But either way KEEP this correspondence very SAFE because its UE

SILENCE from NOW ON

Comment

Working...
                                X