GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqua
    • Type of account - Credit card
    • Account owner - Aqua
    • Date commenced - August 2017
    • Approx balance - £1,000
    • Date last 'full' payment - June 2021
    • Arrangement - Not paying (as I want a default)
    • Status - Open
    • 2/11/22 - Default notice received
    Last edited by Sparkles; 17 November 2022, 21:49.

Comment

Paypal
      • Type of account - Credit account
      • Date commenced - March 2017
      • Approx balance - £350
      • Arrangement - £10 per month (Self managed DMP)
      • Status - No arrangement or default listed
      • 7/4/22 - DMP offer sent to Moorcroft
      • 23/4/22 - Online chat with Moorcroft confirming they are no longer collecting payments
      • 26/22/22 - £1600 refund applied after affordabiluty complaint.
      Last edited by Sparkles; 14 November 2022, 18:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
        You do realise that the Statute Barred clock hasn't started running yet, as you are still acknowledging the debts (ie making payments)?
        Yes I know that, and I should have probably done all this long ago but I didn't know anything about asking for the CCA or the possibility of being statue barred until recently. The reason I asked is that I wasn't sure if there would be any point telling PRA or Nationwide that I had stopped paying, or if I should simply stop all contact at that point.

I've decided to move to managing the debt management plan myself and I've started putting together reduced offers to reflect my increased costs. I'll review things when and if PRA and Nationwode send me anything, or in May if they haven't by then. I've added posts for all my unsecured debts, I'm up to date with my mortgage, council tax, utilities etc.

Comment

Hi,
          no you don't have to say why you are stopping payment's to PRA or Nationwide, they should have said the account was on hold while they find the papers, but they often don't, just stay quiet and don't get into letter ping pong with them.
          just post on your thread when they send you anything,

Click on the "edit" icon on whatever debt it is and add what has been sent,
          click save,
          then click "quote" and add any comment or just say update,
          this lets us know which account you have had anything sent for and gives us chance of replying quicker, without having to check through your entire thread.
          which may get rather long.

NW
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, I'll wait and see what happens now.

Comment

If you're about to ditch StepChange I suggest that you screenshot as much information as you can while it's available - account numbers, outstanding balances, payments to date etc. Easily accessible now but it can be an absolute pain to pull together in one place in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
                If you're about to ditch StepChange I suggest that you screenshot as much information as you can while it's available - account numbers, outstanding balances, payments to date etc. Easily accessible now but it can be an absolute pain to pull together in one place in the future.
                Good thought. When I ditched my DMP provider I quickly found my password didn't work any more. Luckily I'd had the foresight to do as you just suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
                  Thanks, I han't thought of that so I've just taken a copy. I'm just waiting for this months payments to go through and then I'll email Stepchange to cancel the plan.

As my living costs have gone up I've created a reduced set of offers covering all debts, but I don't plan to send that to Nationwide or PRA. I also have a spare current account that I've set up payments to all of them with, if I decide to stop any in May I'll cancel the payments and let the excess build up.

Comment

...I also have a spare current account that I've set up payments to all of them with, if I decide to stop any in May I'll cancel the payments and let the excess build up.
                    That's exactly what I did, used money that I'd been paying to StepChange to build up a fighting fund in case any of them came after me once I pulled the plug. PRA did and it meant that I could deploy JCS to fend them off

Comment

How far did PRA take it, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                        How far did PRA take it, if you don't mind me asking?
                        All you have to do is search AAD
                        Egg 2001
                        One Case example is. There are others.
                        https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...24#post1523024

Comment

Egg/Barclaycard/PRA
                          • Type of account - Credit card
                          • Date commenced - August 2001
                          • Approx balance - £7,700
                          • Arrangement - £174.51 per month (Self managed DMP)
                          • Status - Defaulted July 2021
                          • 8/3/22 - CCA request sent to PRA
                          • 14/3/22 - CCA request acknowldgment from PRA
                          • 5/4/22 - Letter from PRA, saying currently unenforcable with 1 year of Barclaycard statements enclosed.
                          PRA have sent me a letter saying they currently consider the debt unenforcable and have enclosed the last years worth of statements. They are the old Barclaycard statements only with nothing to say what I've paid PRA. I don't think covers my request for a statement of account but obviously I'm just going to leave it there.

It came the same day that Stepchange made a payment to them which is a bit annoying. Now I've gone self maanged I'll put the money aside instead.

Comment

PRA have sent me a letter saying they currently consider the debt unenforcable and have enclosed the last years worth of statements. They are the old Barclaycard statements only with nothing to say what I've paid PRA. I don't think covers my request for a statement of account but obviously I'm just going to leave it there.

It came the same day that Stepchange made a payment to them which is a bit annoying. Now I've gone self maanged I'll put the money aside instead.
                            That Letter is very important so keep it safe and filed away!
                            Now a word of advice! NO CORRESPONDENCE WITH PRA FROM NOW ON! EITHER BY POST, PHONE, TEXT AND EMAIL!
                            Stop payments, without advising them!
                            Your Statue Bar clock starts from this moment thats six years plus one month!!

This is UnEnforcible in Law until such times as PRA fulfil your S.78 CCA Request!

Comment

Thanks for the advice - I've kept all letters I've received from every lender since starting the debt managment plan. I'm just about to email Stepchange to cancel my arrangement with them, and I won't engage with PRA in any way.

Nationwide still haven't replied about the CCA request, although they sent me a letter a few days laters saying they intended to issue a default and that if the agreed payments weren't made on time they would pass it to their recoveries team.

Comment

Thats a normal 1 one for nationwide. + if you have been paying less than the agreed amount, then they should have marked your credit file AP or defaulted it already.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X