GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA for Egg/Barclaycard/PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all safe, I have a box file I'm putting everything from everyone in. It's funny that PRA and Nationwide both contacted me on the same day.

The 10% discount is when I log into my PRA account, there is a big button saying accept your discount. I have no intention of doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
      Virgin
      • Type of account - Credit card
      • Date commenced - April 2010
      • Approx balance - £9,000
      • Date last 'full' payment - June 2021
      • Arrangement - £212 per month via (Self managed DMP)
      • Status - Open
      • 19/2/22 - CCA request sent to Virgin
      • 24/3/22 - £1 CCA request cheque cashed
      I've had to response at all to this so I'll be stopping payments to them too.

Comment

Paypal
        • Type of account - Credit account
        • Date commenced - March 2017
        • Approx balance - £400
        • Arrangement - £51 per month (Self managed DMP)
        • Status - No arrangement or default listed
        • 7/4/22 - DMP offer sent to Moorcroft
        • 23/4/22 - Online chat with Moorcroft confirming they are no longer collecting payments
        • 26/22/22 - £1600 refund applied after affordabiluty complaint.
        I had a good result with this one following an affordability complaint, they refunded me £1600 bringing the balance down from £2000 to £400.

Comment

MBNA
          • Date commenced - April 2017
          • Approx balance - £3,000
          • Arrangement - £75 per month (Self managed DMP)
          • Status - Open
          • 23/3/22 - Letter from MBNA to say they are charging interest again
          • 23/3/22 - Letter sent to MBNA to ask them not to add interest
          • 7/4/22 - Self managed DMP payment offer letter sent
          • 8/4/22 - Letter from MBNA saying they were freezing interest again
          • 21/4/22 - Letter from MBNA, interest complaint rejected and account is being defaulted.
          • 28/6/22 - Account defaulted
          • 19/7/22 - Sold to Link Financial
          • 28/7/22 - CCA request sent to Link Financial
          I thought I'd give this a go with a CCA request too. I'm not holding my breath though.

Comment

good one!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nationwide
              • Date commenced - August 2004
              • Approx balance - £11,000
              • Arrangement - Not paying
              • Status - Arrangment to pay
              • 17/2/22 - CCA request sent to Nationwide
              • 23/2/22 - CCA request cheque paid
              • 24/2/22 - Letter from Nationwide - they intend to issue default, won't take things further if payment agreement is kept to.
              • 21/3/22 - Response to secure message received saying request had been received and passed to relevant dept on 25/2/22.
              • 23/6/22 - Arrears notice received listing current arrears
              • 29/6/22 - Letter received, your payments are still overdue, please make a payment immediately.
              • 4/7/22 - Account defaulted, I noticed on Credit Karma but Nationwide have said nothing.
              • 6/7/22 - Letter from Nationwide - please pay outstanding amount
              • 22/7/22 - Letter from Nationwide - please contact us urgently or your account will be referred to Nationwide recoveries.
              I've just noticed from Credit Karma that Nationwide defaulted this account on 4th July. I had no default notice from them beforehand and I've had no correspondence from them to say they have defaulted it, are they allowed to do this?

I don't intend to contact them and I don't want to correct any oversight that may work in my favour, but I'm interested to know how this might affect any enforcibility.

Comment

I've just noticed from Credit Karma that Nationwide defaulted this account on 4th July. I had no default notice from them beforehand and I've had no correspondence from them to say they have defaulted it, are they allowed to do this?

I don't intend to contact them and I don't want to correct any oversight that may work in my favour, but I'm interested to know how this might affect any enforcibility.
                Looking at the dates etc.
                1/ Seems that your CCA request February 2022 is outstanding.
                2/ Credit Karma report becomes very IMPORTANT as evidence and you need to keep a copy of this very safe.
                From the Karma report does it say who is reporting this Account as being in Default?

The Default Notice is a complex CCA document. Essentially it gives you terms and a date and an amount to correct the CCA account before this can be closed.
                The Act of closing an account without a Default Notice creates problems.

For your own purposes Make notes and store evidence such as the Credit Karma report entry.
                SILENCE and from now on everything in writing.

Comment

Credit Karma says the default is being reported by Transunion, so I've got a copy of that report and have filed it in case I need it. My clearscore app also shows a default registered with Equifax.
                  Last edited by Sparkles; 13 August 2022, 06:45.

Comment

For info:- The score and credit report information you see on Credit Karma comes from TransUnion — one of the three main credit reference agencies in the UK. Credit Karma isn't a credit reference agency. This means that lenders don't directly report information to us, and we don't calculate your credit score.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nationwide
                      • Status - Default
                      • 24/2/22 - Letter from Nationwide - they intend to issue default, won't take things further if payment agreement is kept to.
                      • 21/3/22 - Response to secure message received saying request had been received and passed to relevant dept on 25/2/22.
                      • 29/6/22 - Letter received, your payments are still overdue, please make a payment immediately.
                      • 4/7/22 - Account defaulted, I noticed on Credit Karma but Nationwide have said nothing.
                      • 22/7/22 - Letter from Nationwide - please contact us urgently or your account will be referred to Nationwide recoveries.
                      • 18/8/22 - Letter from Nationwide - please pay arrears immediately. They say I'll be issued with a default notice if they don't hear from me, but the account already has a default applied.
                      • 10/9/22 - Reconstituted CCA from Nationwide received, contains direct debit mandate signed in 2004 but no signature on agreement.
                      Nationwide have sent me a reconstituted CCA. There is no date or signature on the agreement itself, just a seperate direct debit mandate dated 2004 with my signature on it.

Please could someone take a look and advise on its enforcibility?

Comment

send to webmaster@aa-about-debt.co.uk unredacted just as it is refer to this thread

Comment

Niddy responded immediately saying what Nationwide sent is UE, thanks for the help. Back to silence.

Comment

Hi Sparkles,

Thats all nationwide sent me, when I questioned it ( Missing T&C we did that in the old days) they said I had been sent everything,
                            they passed it on after a few years, then said they had it back, then sold it, can't remember who to off hand,
                            But it is now SB.

enjoy your weekend

Night Watch

Comment

Thanks, it's good to hear what others have experienced. It seemed a bit overwhelming at first but now I'm getting used to the way they word things now (implying things that seem scary at first but don't actually state anything when you read them carefully etc)

Comment

Nationwide
                                • Status - Default
                                • 18/8/22 - Letter from Nationwide - please pay arrears immediately. They say I'll be issued with a default notice if they don't hear from me, but the account already has a default applied.
                                • 10/9/22 - Reconstituted CCA from Nationwide received, contains direct debit mandate signed in 2004 but no signature on agreement.
                                • 10/9/22 - Niddy has looked at what Nationwide sent and says it unenforceable.
                                Brought forward your old diary you updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X