GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforcable?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforcable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I have received a letter from Intrum regarding the Tesco debt in post #7.

They are responding to my CCA request with what they call a reconstituted copy.

it is a print out of what looks like a paper credit card application form and an online application form and the general terms and their pricing policy. None of the forms have any of my details on, they are completely blank.

They have also included some copies of old statements and also a print out of my current details and list of payments that I had made to them.

At the end of their letter they state that ‘this fulfils our obligations under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; we hope this satisfies your request for information’. They then go on to ask me to contact them within the next 14 days to arrange a payment plan.

Please could you advise on what I need to do now?

Many thanks in advance!

MrsH

Comment

send unredacted CCA copy to:= webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking = refer to this thread
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Are you still paying all these debts?

(Apologies for not reading back through your whole thread.)

Di

Comment

Thank you Tech Clerk - I will do that shortly.

Di - no I stopped paying last year when I sent my CCA request.

thanks

Comment

The CCA has been checked and is unenforceable!

This is UE as all it is are some blank terms / application. The prescribed terms are not intact; ie where is the signed application form?

What do I do now, do I just ignore and file away?

MrsH

Comment

Originally posted by MrsH View Post
              The CCA has been checked and is unenforceable!
              This is UE as all it is are some blank terms / application. The prescribed terms are not intact; ie where is the signed application form?
              What do I do now, do I just ignore and file away?
              MrsH
              ITS UE which is great news! NOW SIT ON YOUR HANDS AND SILENCE that's the AAD Way!
              No phones, sms, emails, home visits everything from now on will be by SNAIL Mail
              Keep records of whatever they send and or do BUT NO COOMUNICATION FROM YOU SILENCE
              post any letters etc received up here.

Comment

I have received a letter from Intrum regarding the Tesco debt in post #7.

They are responding to my CCA request with what they call a reconstituted copy.

it is a print out of what looks like a paper credit card application form and an online application form and the general terms and their pricing policy. None of the forms have any of my details on, they are completely blank.

They have also included some copies of old statements and also a print out of my current details and list of payments that I had made to them.

At the end of their letter they state that ‘this fulfils our obligations under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; we hope this satisfies your request for information’. They then go on to ask me to contact them within the next 14 days to arrange a payment plan.

Have you heard anything more from Intrum for this debt deemed unenforceable by Niddy in February (ex-Tesco credit card from 2008)?

Di

Comment

Hi Di

I have had a few letters from them but nothing threatening - June they were offering me 40% off, July 50% off and August they are offering 65% off! I am just ignoring them and filing the letters and hoping that this is a very good sign that they realise what they have is unenforceable....

MrsH

Comment

Hi all

I’m June I received a letter from Intrum to inform me they are passing my details to Resolvecall so Resolvecall can ‘arrange a personal visit to your home’. I ignored the letter.
                    Today I have received a letter from Resolvecall, part of which reads - ‘we would ask you contact Intrum within 7 days to discuss this matter, or if you prefer, we can send one of our representatives to make a personal visit to your home’.

Do I just continue to ignore all correspondence?

Many thanks

MrsH

Comment

Ignore completely resolve call collection hopefuls
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you would rather you can send the no doorstep letter - its here on the site somewhere

Comment

» Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit

Comment

Thanks all - if I send the letter do I send it to Intrum or to Resolvecall? And will it then start the clock again with regards to Statute Barred?

Comment

if I send the letter do I send it to Intrum or to Resolvecall?

You send the letter to Resolvecall (not Intrum)

Di

Comment

Hi

I haven’t sent the harrasment letter yet - but have just had someone from Resolvecall at my door!! He asked for me to confirm that I was me, I said I didn’t wish to deal with people turning up on my doorstep and told him I would be sending a harrasment letter as I panicked. I shut the door on him and he posted a slip through the door with info on to call them.

Do I just send the harrasment letter - do Intrum actually think what they sent me in response to my CCA was enforceable??

sorry for rambling, I feel a little shaken up…

many thanks

mrsh

Comment

Working...
                                X