GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Severe Debt Help Needed ........ :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Debt Help Needed ........ :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Severe Debt Help Needed ........

For the benefit of others there was a scare-o-gram from Lewis & clarity and an agreement from HBOS that states they're awaiting the agreement and a letter from sainsbury denying our claim it's UE.

Nothing to worry about. Just chill. No responses necessary
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support, i feel a little better, but the letters are not helping anyhow ive emailed more cca's over and responses.

Just hope no one knocks on the door!!!!
      As one of the letter didnt inspire me with much hope, although spending time here reading threads, i see more often than not most get these collection agency off their backs.

After reading the above posts, is there any avioding action i can put in place for byran carter and lewis debt group?

Thanks

Jay
      Last edited by btcc_racer; 15 October 2012, 18:35.

Comment

update:

Halifax have sent me the CCA.

Capquest has also sent me one. (same as the one sainsburys sent me)

Lewis Group has written to me saying that they are acting under instruction from Barclays. This is in reference to the overdraft do I write back to them or Barclays or just wait? Lewis Group have asked me to write to Barclays about the debt.

Moorcroft are demanding payment and have "threaten" to for home collections.

Byran carter are writing letters and demanding payment and going off what been said above we need to keep these guys and others at bay.

If i can do anything to stay one step ahead let me know.

All letters have been emailed to you Niddy.

Thanks for the support guys....

Jay

Comment

thanks for the reply.

its worded in a "maybe" way of home visit.

If i get another one i'll send them one from the template.

lets hang back and see what the next step is.

Comment

Hi
            I have let myself get a bit out of the loop recently and lost track of what is going on in other peoples lives/threads.
            I know it can seem a bit daunting at first and it takes a while for things to slow down but generally they do. There was a time I seemed to be getting letters everyday , now its 1 a week and I have quite a few creditors.
            It does get better , Trust in the advice you get here, I have yet to have any bad advice and it can get quite fun telling the creditors to go do one. Sort of empowering

Comment

thanks jon.

this debt has stressed me out to a level that i cannot describe.
              debts affects you in EVERY aspects in your life, im trying to get everything back on track.

i dream of the day i would be debt free..... i semi-dream of the day when 1 or 2 of my debts wont be pursued, its this what keep me motivated and focused.

you guys are a great bunch and the level of help and support is 2nd to none!

Jay.

Comment

I know it does. I have Bernard in debt for years and have lost count of the times I woke at 2am in a cold sweat. If I hadnt found here I do not know where I would be now. That's not just on the debt front either.

Comment

Hi there,

thought id post up a few of the debt collectors have gone a little quite thanks to all your help some are just a pain in the bum!

also my debt been passed to new collectors and the phone calls/ wording is getting a little hot.... i.e ive got a letter saying they want to take judement/ payment order against me. I "think" this for my overdraft but says barclay on the statement (confusing).

anything i should do?

Thanks

J.

Comment

It is a bit difficult to say without more information. Do you mean that you're getting threats of court which don't even tell you what the alleged debt is supposed to be?

SH

Comment

The first thing I would say based on what you have said here is that where an alleged debt has been passed to another DCA, as soon as they start harassing you they should be met with an "Account Sold In Dispute" letter.

The second thing is, once again, don't engage them on the telephone. You should never know whether phone calls are getting "hot" because it should never get to that stage.

If there is someone writing to you when you are not even sure what the alleged debt is supposed to be, you will need to send a variation of the "Prove It" letter, just to find out exactly what it is they are harassing you about. This type of threat without identification is usually ignored, as it is often a fishing exercise, but if you think it probably does relate to one of your alleged debts then it is probably safer to respond to it.

Did you ever start a proper UE dairy? If not, do that, because the situation will be much easier to follow if it is outlined in that tried and tested format.

SH

Comment

they want to commence legal proceeding, what i do is i'll scan the letter and email to Niddy.

im currently at work atm.

J

Comment

i'll get the letter scanned and go from there, but from what your saying you might have a valid point.

whats a UE dairy? sorry not been on in a while and i do recall something about a UE dairy....

Comment

Originally posted by btcc_racer View Post
                            i'll get the letter scanned and go from there, but from what your saying you might have a valid point.

whats a UE dairy? sorry not been on in a while and i do recall something about a UE dairy....
                            ------> Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi bttc, does it say they will or they might. If it is will then you need to get some letters posted asap. I can not remember exactly which ones but if you haven't done it already a cca request depending on loan,credit card or overdraft. If thats already done ones of the mods will tell you what to send. Sorry my head is not good today

Comment

Hi guys, sorry been manic working and down with man flu!

ive got a letter from moorcroft stating possible litigation for what looks like my over draft debt (passed on from another debt agency), also had a phone call from arrows say they are going to start legal proceedings if i dont pay the 10K outstanding amount.

Now im pretty certain that they have recently aquired this debt from another collector who just went quite on for 6 months plus but these guys seem so really annoy me constantly calling me and pushing for legal action. i need to stop both these people.

also a silly question do i need to start a ue diary on a seperate thread as i already have one in this thread if you skip back a few pages also not sure if im update/ keeping track of things correctly?

J.

Comment

Working...
                                X