GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Severe Debt Help Needed ........ :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Debt Help Needed ........ :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Severe Debt Help Needed ........

Originally posted by btcc_racer View Post
    UPDATE......

I haven’t done anything in regards to my debt, part was fear part was lost in my daily worries job etc...

Well that’s changed now as I’ve lost my job as of yesterday due to a company "restructure".

Therefore cant "afford" to carry on.

Feeling crappy and low! but that life or so im told!

Jay.
    Hi Jay

Sorry to hear about this. What is happening in terms of your redundancy? Is this happening almost immediately or is this happening over several months?

Is your company handling this correctly? If this is a 'restructure' then there are certain things your company must to do help you find a new job.

One thing is for sure - your debts right now have ZERO priority and you should tell your creditors to go forth.

Theres a few members who will be along soon who have good experience in employment law who will be able to advise more correctly on next steps and how you should be handling this with your employer.

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

. . . . I still owe over 20K. Since then a few years have passed I’ve defaulted and my debt has been passed to companies which I’ve made arrangement to pay of debt in small payments.

I’m at the stage in my life where ive got a reasonable job and would like to get a mortgage in the coming years ive learnt from my mistake im currently living at home with parents (but pay more than my fair share as my father has his own debts) i’m not sure what my best options are. Is there a way to start over again? Because I can’t see myself paying 30K as im only left with £250 a month max and half of that goes in small payments to the companies which have bought my debt?

CapQuest 4300
      Moorcroft 8813
      Clarity 1105
      Westcot 73009
      Mercers 5000
      B Carter 4400
      My overdraft with Barclays is at£4300 over two account

I also have a vanquish card which im paying off its not alot of debt just £700 and i tend to only use it in a emergency, not used it for a while and the balance is coming down.
      Here's to a Fresh Start

Do you want us to start by checking out which of these accounts may be unenforceable

One of the Mods on here will help you set up a diary so you can get cracking on taking back control of your life

Comment

Hi buddy,

i was on my probationary period, I myself was productive hitting kpi's etc however the department as a whole wasn’t. Hasnt been for a long time (12 months)

Therefore two of us (we joined the company days within each other) We were told to that our contracts come to and end.

i’ve been given no paperwork just a contact in HR who has all the details.

i’m shocked to say the least!

kind of need a step by step guide what to do with my debts.

Jay.

Comment

So you were new, ie within 6 months of the job? (probation period?)
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

spot on. was there for 2 months and 2 weeks.

for the first time in life im gona have to sign on!
            just submitted an online application.

step by step guide would be brill.

should i cancel all my direct debits for those collection/banks?
            i bet the phone will be ringing like mad!

ive got all the time in the world now!

Comment

I would stop making payments until you find out if the debts are UE. Yes, you'll get phone calls but either don't answer them (you soon come to recognise which numbers belong to which creditor/dca ) or fail security. We also have a template letter to send should they get too much.

Post details of your debts as shown here --->allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

Remember to create a separate post for each debt as it makes it easier to keep track in the longer term.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

done! canceled them all!

i'll get all my debt details together and post them up as that lisit is old.
                some of them im not sure what the acutal balance is but i'll get as much info as i can.

i'll get these letter ready to be send recorded mail on monday morning!

Comment

done! canceled them all!

i'll get all my debt details together and post them up as that lisit is old.
                  some of them im not sure what the acutal balance is but i'll get as much info as i can.

i'll get these letter ready to be send recorded mail on monday morning!

Great stuff....
                  Remember the mantra:
                  NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                  Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                  Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

as your name suggest its "PriorityOne"

Comment

Here goes. i dont ahve all teh details so some ringing around tomorrow to get balances and who the debt belongs to (sorry its been that long and a distant memory) i just pay them like a good boy, which has now stopped canceled all the direct debits.

First one:
                      • Type of account Credit Card - Egg Crredit card

• Date commenced before Apr 2007 (not sure on exact date)

• Approx balance 1350

• Date last paid last month £5 per month

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: In arrangement

• Account owner DCA - Moor Croft
                      Last edited by btcc_racer; 20 August 2012, 22:59.

Comment

• Type of account Credit Card - unsure which one will update along with other details.

• Approx balance:

• Date last paid last month £10 per month

• Account owner DCA - Clarity Solutions

Comment

• Type of account Credit Card - unsure which one will update along with other details.

• Approx balance:

• Date last paid last month £11 per month

• Account owner - Fredrickson International

Ignore this accounts its a mobile phone bill account on my last payment so we'll let this one go!
                          Last edited by btcc_racer; 22 August 2012, 11:17.

Comment

• Approx balance:

• Date last paid last month £20 per month

• Account owner - Fredrickson International 2nd account - this account is through fredrickson but byran carter deal have it, look like they just have the account and fredrickson take payment. ill send the cca to them
                            Last edited by btcc_racer; 22 August 2012, 11:18.

Comment

• Type of account Credit Card - MINT RBS

• Approx balance 8800 - approx

• Date last paid last month £20 per month

• Account owner DCA - Moor Croft - mint rbs account

Comment

• Type of account Credit Card - Halifax

• Approx balance 7200 - approx

• Date last paid last month £10 per month

• Account owner Wescot Halifax Credit Card account

Comment

Working...
                                X