GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    brilliant news
    Thanks Spent2much. Yes I thought so too!

Have been reading your threads too and hopefully I will be able to return the same sentiment soon!

As you have discovered already, this site and its wonderful people are an absolute Godsend!

Comment

Originally posted by Barney View Post
      Thanks Spent2much. Yes I thought so too!

Have been reading your threads too and hopefully I will be able to return the same sentiment soon!

As you have discovered already, this site and its wonderful people are an absolute Godsend!

thank you , you are right there this place is a Godsend and that is why i feel confident now i was so unsure when i first read the UE route but seeing your thread has boosted me up , so now we shall see when mine come back

Comment

Thats great Barney, believe me, your good news today is good news for a few of us with old mbna account too lol.

Go and have a cheeky beer haha

Comment

Great news
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It is unusal for MBNA not to be able to supply something.

It's usually a corn flakes packet if they have nothing else!. Enforcable of course.

Well done Barney.

Comment

Told ya they shat themselves mate. Well done.

See how we twist it from defeat to victory - juss loike thart!! Lol

Well done.

* keep that letter safe.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Like a CCA to the O.H. after a very long time, strange, had a siggy on it (hers),(not that they would paste/copy) ? but nothing else just name/address, they are very clever people since the originator was another company, which eventually was admitted in further correspondence from DCA, also no CCA was remembered/seen as I showed O.H. who asked what it was, as the card was a points card as per telephone call, which after a while realised by O.H. which turned out to be a credit card earning points for holidays etc.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                  Great news Barney

Welcome to the MBNA Have Lost It Club!
                  Couldn't find it in 2009 (when I originally sent a s78 CCA letter) and still can't supply it now!

Originally posted by Fine Vintage View Post
                  It is unusal for MBNA not to be able to supply something.

It's usually a corn flakes packet if they have nothing else!. Enforcable of course.

Well done Barney.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Told ya they shat themselves mate. Well done.

See how we twist it from defeat to victory - juss loike thart!! Lol

Well done.

* keep that letter safe.

Will do Niddy - letter already safely filed away!

Thanks again mate.

Comment

Well what do you know? It's been all quiet on the western front for almost two and a half years (July 2012) since I last heard anything on this one and then a couple of weeks ago a letter lands from Aktive Krapital advising that they have changed their name to PRA .. oh and, almost as an aside: "oh by the way your outstanding balance is £2x,xxx, but if you pay off by 30 November here's a voucher for a reduction of up to £1x,xxx meaning you could pay off for only £8,xxx" ... The reduction being a huge 66% off!!

Needless to say I ignored the letter.

Further letter received yesterday from PRA - again ultra friendly " Be debt free for 2015!" - same offer but now extended until 31 December 2014.

The last I heard on this debt was when Buchanan Clark Wells (acting for AK) replied in July 2012 that they had referred back to AK who "could not provide the documentation you require at this time". Letter still filed away safely!

This debt should be SB in around 12 months time, (Dec 2015/Jan 2016) so I guess this is the start of their "last hurrah!".

I'm tempted to continue to ignore until any threats emerge in future letters, or do those with much more experience than me feel that I should I be responding at this stage with a copy of BCW's letter from 2012 perhaps with a "sold whilst in dispute" letter?

Many thanks in advance.

Barney

Comment

Well what do you know? It's been all quiet on the western front for almost two and a half years (July 2012) since I last heard anything on this one and then a couple of weeks ago a letter lands from Aktive Krapital advising that they have changed their name to PRA .. oh and, almost as an aside: "oh by the way your outstanding balance is £2x,xxx, but if you pay off by 30 November here's a voucher for a reduction of up to £1x,xxx meaning you could pay off for only £8,xxx" ... The reduction being a huge 66% off!!

Needless to say I ignored the letter.

Further letter received yesterday from PRA - again ultra friendly " Be debt free for 2015!" - same offer but now extended until 31 December 2014.

The last I heard on this debt was when Buchanan Clark Wells (acting for AK) replied in July 2012 that they had referred back to AK who "could not provide the documentation you require at this time". Letter still filed away safely!

This debt should be SB in around 12 months time, (Dec 2015/Jan 2016) so I guess this is the start of their "last hurrah!".

I'm tempted to continue to ignore until any threats emerge in future letters, or do those with much more experience than me feel that I should I be responding at this stage with a copy of BCW's letter from 2012 perhaps with a "sold whilst in dispute" letter?

Many thanks in advance.

Barney
                      Personally I would be tempted to ignore until a more serious threat-o-gram is received, wouldn't want to pop your head above the parapet so close to being SB unless its really necessary.
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Seconded.

While they are offering 66% discounts, they are in “silly bugger mode.” I know it is difficult, but the best strategy at this stage is to wait until they come out of that mode before engaging them.

They would hardly be throwing a five figure sum down the toilet if they were confident of obtaining and enforcing a court judgment.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          Personally I would be tempted to ignore until a more serious threat-o-gram is received, wouldn't want to pop your head above the parapet so close to being SB unless its really necessary.
                          Thanks for the reply S'n'V, very much appreciated - I think so too. It's good to get a more experienced opinion.

I'm sure this won't be the last I'll hear from them, but the longer I can delay them the better! This could be a l-o-n-g 12 months before it's SB!

Thanks again.

Barney

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                            Seconded.

While they are offering 66% discounts, they are in “silly bugger mode.” I know it is difficult, but the best strategy at this stage is to wait until they come out of that mode before engaging them.

They would hardly be throwing a five figure sum down the toilet if they were confident of obtaining and enforcing a court judgment.

SH

Thanks also SH for the reassurance - I just missed your post as I was replying to SnV.

Cheers!

Barney

Comment

Thanks also SH for the reassurance - I just missed your post as I was replying to SnV.

Cheers!

Barney
                              "
                              Just by way of update:

Appear to be still in "silly buggers" mode as ScabHunter so eloquently put it.

Keep getting the same letter re-hashed each month (think it is 5 of them to date!)... although the latest is offering a slightly reduced discount of around 60% instead of 66%. Perhaps hoping that I will panic that their "generous discount" is being gradually reduced if I don't act quick!

I'll keep ignoring for the time being me thinks.
                              Last edited by Barney; 16 March 2015, 17:13.

Comment

"

I'll keep ignoring for the time being me thinks.
                                I think that's a good idea

Thanks for the update.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X