GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barney
    replied
    Re: Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    But feeling daft and sharing it made it easier to worry about!
    You are absolutely right there cymruambyth! .....This has got to be the friendliest, most non-judgmental forum I have ever seen.

I always end up feeling reassured whenever I post here.

I won't get too giddy though as I'm sure I will be hearing from PRA(ts) again before much longer unfortunately.

Barney the Wally

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

But feeling daft and sharing it made it easier to worry about!

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

x

Leave a comment:

• Barney
    replied

Originally posted by Barney View Post
    Will do Deepie ... but I suspect that I'll only need to look in the mirror!
    Just call me Wally in future! As MrsD guessed ...it was "something daft"and after all that fretting.

Thanks for all the support everyone ...my do I feel daft now

Barney aka "Wally"

Leave a comment:

• Barney
    replied

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

Let me know when you find him ............
    Will do Deepie ... but I suspect that I'll only need to look in the mirror!

Leave a comment:

• Barney
    replied

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
    We are all allowed to be a Wally ask anyone xx

Thanks Nanna58 very true! and there's no bigger Wally than me at times. The older I get the more of a Wally I've become! I certainly don't cope with stress the way I used to be able to when I was a little younger.

Barney

Leave a comment:

• Barney
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Rest assured claims are never served by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery because courts know damn well we'd never sign for them

If you've got a card with the tracking number on it (barcode) then go to the Royal Mail website and look it up. It won't tell you who sent it but it will tell you which post office it was sent from which may give you a clue.

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item

Plan B x
    Hi PlanB

Just got home from work ... at last.

That's reassuring thanks. No, there's no tracking code. It looks like it's a "Signed For" rather than "tracked" or "recorded delivery".

Bit of a mystery.

All will come to light tomorrow when/if I can get to the sorting office in time to pick it up.

I will post up the outcome and for once will be only to happy to be proved to be an absolute wally.

Thanks again.

Barney

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post

Let me know when you find him ............

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I have an item to collect and sign for at the Royal Mail and am at a complete loss as to what this can be other than if PRA have issued a claim. Are claims sent recorded delivery?
    Rest assured claims are never served by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery because courts know damn well we'd never sign for them

If you've got a card with the tracking number on it (barcode) then go to the Royal Mail website and look it up. It won't tell you who sent it but it will tell you which post office it was sent from which may give you a clue.

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• Barney
    replied

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    where are you Barney?

usually in Scotland they are sent by recorded delivery but if they can't be delivered they send them back to the solicitor and then a Sheriff officer pops around with it.

don't think they are necessarily send RD in England though

fraid you are just going to have to get it redelivered or go get it. It's probably something daft!
    Hi MrsD and thanks.

I'm in England.

I hope you're right and it's just something daft. As I said, I'll feel such a wally if that is the case .. relieved but still a wally. The thought of dealing with a claim petrifies me. Never had one before in any capacity.

Are they not obliged to follow Pre-action protocols before issuing? Or is that just a recommendation. My thought is that they have realised at the 11th hour that the debt is SB or probably days off being so and issued to stop the clock or am I overthinking this.

Anyway tomorrow will reveal all I suppose. I've got everything crossed just in case.

Thanks for the reply, it is so reassuring having someone to "talk" to.

Barney

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

where are you Barney?

usually in Scotland they are sent by recorded delivery but if they can't be delivered they send them back to the solicitor and then a Sheriff officer pops around with it.

don't think they are necessarily send RD in England though

fraid you are just going to have to get it redelivered or go get it. It's probably something daft!

Leave a comment:

• Barney
    replied

Hi

In a bit of a blind panic here .. hopefully unnecessarily.

I have an item to collect and sign for at the Royal Mail and am at a complete loss as to what this can be other than if PRA have issued a claim. Are claims sent recorded delivery?

I have had no letter of any intended action whatsoever. In fact the recent history since my last update is as follows;

Received a handful of letters over the last year (one every couple of months) from PRA offering 60% discount to settle then slightly reducing rebate with subsequent letters received. All ignored.

Received a letter in October with similar wording but with offer reduced to 50% to settle. Again ignored.

A more standard looking letter was received early December asking me to contact PRA to discuss a reduced F&F settlement etc. They will take circumstances into consideration etc. Must contact by 25 December or "offer may expire". No mention of any figures this time other than quoting the full outstanding balance. No threats of action at all in the letter. Again ignored.

This debt was either SB in December or this month at the latest by my reckoning.

Are PRA in the practice of issuing without warning?

I know that when I pick the item up tomorrow it could be unrelated and I will feel a real wally, but as I type this I am in a bit of a state.

Thanks in advance.

Barney

Leave a comment:

• Barney
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I think that's a good idea

Thanks for the update.
    Thanks Pixie .. it's always reassuring to know others with far more experience than me agree with a decision.

Barney

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

"

I'll keep ignoring for the time being me thinks.
    I think that's a good idea

Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X