GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barney's unenforceable MBNA thread

Thanks also to Niddy, oscar and alland et al. Your responses have been overwhelming in the best possible way.

Sorry was at work earlier and did not get chance to respond as messages flew in.

Niddy: Thanks for the letter link - would the letter you suggest be best or the one Flowerpower suggested just after your post or will either suffice? Sorry to be a nuisance.

The letter at this stage would have to go to BCW as it them chasing for AK if that helps.

Comment

Send the template I linked you to, that's the one you need

Send it to Bucannan Clark & Wells
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Send the template I linked you to, that's the one you need
        Thanks Niddy for the quick response ... again! I will type that up tonight and post tomorrow (if I can sweet talk someone to call at the post office for me to get a certificate of posting).

P.S. Saw the post about the encrypted DVDs - Oops! Presume that is recent news then?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          Hi Barney

Welcome to AAD!

Did you ever make a formal complaint about the conduct of the above 'case manager'?

It is a big breach of OFT guidelines to suggest to a debtor that they take of further borrowing to pay off a debt, especially if they suggested you remortgage!

I had them on the same thing a couple of years ago and got a formal apology, a letter confirming the debt was UE, and have not heard from them since.

As Oscar mentions, you probably haven't got a response as they haven't got a CCA.

SnV
          Hi SnV

I did actually try posting a reply just after you posted, but this mysteriously got lost somewhere, I think I may have been auto-logged off between typing and posting as I was at work at the time.

Anyway, just noticed my missing reply so, belatedly, thanks for the welcome, very much appreciated and, in answer to the very good question you ask:-

No never reported. Can't even remember his name.

I was taken completely by surprise as I was working at the time. He rang from a mobile number to my PAYG mobile that was only known to a handful of close friends and family and flatly refused to tell me how he had obtained the number.

Despite my refusing to answer his security questions I managed to get drawn into an argument. Although I did keep repeating that I did not acknowledge the debt which was in formal dispute, which wound him up no-end!

Amongst many often contradictory things that he said, I do actually recall him saying at some stage that he could make me a one-time only offer that I could pay just under £8,000 (I think was the rough figure,) which equated to roughly a third of the amount allegedly outstanding at that time, as full settlement. I laughed and recall asking him to supply the offer in writing. Unsurprisingly, no offer letter materialised and I had no means of raising anything like that figure anyway.

I am sure any complaint would have been simply denied.
          Last edited by Barney; 28 May 2012, 20:19.

Comment

@ Flower

Yours is different.

No two cases are the same

How many times wumman

Anyway reason I suggest different template is cos Technically it's a holding letter and not a "in your face get lost" one like the one you send. As for bursting bubble - nope but always be careful. I've seen a recon (poster is on AAD and may come forward) that was issued 3yrs after original cca request.

Luckily the person since moved thus they held out and in march it was SB.

As I say, always be careful till you're on the home straight and then we can get lax. However for all we know mbna could be trawling archives for terms to en masse cca's (recons)!

Anyway, account sold is the correct template here
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
              Are you trying to burst my bubble?

After having 3 letters stating no CCA was found, will they be sending one to me out of the blue nearly 3 years later?

Our posts crossed, Niddy is the boss!

He told me to send the missing CCA letter if someone contacted me on that account but that was a while ago, looks like he is expecting CCAs to appear now.
              Haha! I bloody well hope not now I have got my hopes up!

Comment

Originally posted by Barney View Post
                You'll be fine

Comment

Hi Barney
                  Still need originals though won't they.Big difference between a DVD and the good(for the courts) old hard copy.
                  Gm

Comment

Thanks again guys for the words of encouragement.

Niddy:

Sorry to trouble you again.

Just typing up the amendments/details to the Account Sold Whilst In Dispute template you have suggested sending. Two quick questions:-
                    1) Should I insert the date (May 2009) that I formally advised MBNA of the dispute or leave the template as it is without reference to a date?
                    2) Should I amend at all to reflect the fact that MBNA did acknowledge my request, but did not satisfactorily send what was required i.e. the agreement?

I know I need spoon feeding at present, but please continue to bear with me. Thanks. I will learn i promise.

Comment

Niddy:

Just typing up the amendments/details to the Account Sold Whilst In Dispute template you have suggested sending. Two quick questions:-
                      1) Should I insert the date (May 2009) that I formally advised MBNA of the dispute or leave the template as it is without reference to a date?
                      2) Should I amend at all to reflect the fact that MBNA did acknowledge my request, but did not satisfactorily send what was required i.e. the agreement?

I know I need spoon feeding at present, but please continue to bear with me. Thanks. I will learn i promise.
                      I Would send the letter as it is let them work it out...........
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Niddy:

Morning, just try and leave it as intact as you can - they are vague but also technical for a reason, unless it's obviously not suited to your needs then try and leave templates as intact as possible as they are worded for a reason and also vague for other reasons

Comment

Morning, just try and leave it as intact as you can - they are vague but also technical for a reason, unless it's obviously not suited to your needs then try and leave templates as intact as possible as they are worded for a reason and also vague for other reasons
                          Good morning Niddy and In 2 Deep .

Thanks for clarifying, I suspected that would be the advice, but wanted to get it absolutely right and not drop a clanger for fear of asking.

I printed out two versions late last night pending your response and, yet again, you didn't let me down.

I will send the most intact version today and let them work it out as you say.

Will update when / if a reply is received.

Thanks a million for everyone's help so far! What an amazing site!

Let the games begin!

Comment

Don't be fooled mate, I heard a rumour they did get 112 DVD's (is that all?) of encrypted data from Shabby/A&L so they may yet appear in months to come.

* And yes I know you know MBNA better than most - but I have my fingers in many pots, as you also know

Just saying, always presume the worst then when it's better news you get that sigh of relief......
                            That single post depresses me yet i still clicked the thanks button lol. Tis a crazy world I thought that me and flowerpowers a&l cca's were going to be the stuff of legend!

A belated welcome Barney, you will have fun here. I'm even posting this on a saturday night, never envisaged this when i was eighteen

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
                              That single post depresses me yet i still clicked the thanks button lol. Tis a crazy world I thought that me and flowerpowers a&l cca's were going to be the stuff of legend!
                              I wouldnt worry too much. It may well be that A&L and/or Abbey have given MBNA copies.

BUT - its on 112 DVDS, most DVDS are 5GB or thereabouts - one document being 1/2 meg. (and thats big) thats a lot of documents to search.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                                I wouldnt worry too much. It may well be that A&L and/or Abbey have given MBNA copies.

BUT - its on 112 DVDS, most DVDS are 5GB or thereabouts - one document being 1/2 meg. (and thats big) thats a lot of documents to search.

Thats true mate, but its times like this i wish my name was John Smith or Bob Jones instead of Winston Diamond Constantinople* just in case the eejits discover the search function

*No it isnt really that!
                                Last edited by jet set willy; 2 June 2012, 21:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X