GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GE Money refusal. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE Money refusal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GE Money refusal.

Hi all,
    thanks.

I have already complained to GE Money:
    DearGE Money Home Lending,

Ipurchased the above policy from you in November 2002 in connectionwith the loanreferencedabove.
    Ibelieve that I was mis-sold this policy for the reason(s) givenbelow, and wish you to investigate my complaint according to yournormal complaint procedures.
    -I was led to believe that my application for credit would be rejectedif I did not take out the insurance.
    -The policy exclusions were not explained to me either before or atthe time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make aninformed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate forme.
    -I now believe the insurance was unsuitable for me as I was sufferingfrom depressionatthe time I took out the policy and was not made aware of the specificexclusion which relates to pre-existing medical conditions.

-It was not explained to me that the policy premium would be paidupfront as a single premium and would be added to my debt and attractinterest.
    Irequire a refund of all premiums paid to the policy, plus anyadditional interest charged to me because of the PPI. I am alsoclaiming statutory compensation in view of the fact that I have beendeprived of the use of this money.
    Pleasenow investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed toyou.

Yours faithfully,
    and this was their response
    0613 GE Money complaint rejection.pdf (please excuse scan quality)

My reply
    I have since contacted GreenhillFinance who have advised me that iGroup set up the policy and aretherefore responsible.

My father has explained the reasonsthat the PPI was mis-sold in previous correspondence and wish to addthat he was also being treated for depression at the time of the PPIbeing applied.

Please supply me with the details ofthe actual insurer of the policy.

Yours faithfully,
    to which they replied:
    GE Money Response to insurer.pdf

this is where we are to date.
    N

Comment

So have you written to Cigna? You need to write and tell them that they were negligent in covering a policy which was not suitable/applicable to your father.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi there

Cigna looks like who you would make a claim from, for example, sickness/unemployment, and Sterling appear to to be the underwriting/insurer, so when the broker/lender made your application, they forwarded on your (dad's) application to the underwriter Sterling for approval.

So basically, if the broker rejected your complaint, because of non-regulation of FSA or if they are no longer active (where your unable to made the reclaim through the financial compensation scheme (FSCS) because again of being non-FSA regulated, the next step would be those of the underwriter/insurer.

If you wish to have a copy of my letter that I done myself, let me know.

Comment

Hi all, I attempted a SAR sometime ago on Cigna but they returned the cheque as they only had a couple of documents which they sent me.

I will write to Cigna. Di it would be helpful if I could use the body of your letter? Would that be ok?

Thanks, N

Comment

I recommend Di's letters; they worked with my GE complaint.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooty View Post
              Hi all, I attempted a SAR sometime ago on Cigna but they returned the cheque as they only had a couple of documents which they sent me.

I will write to Cigna. Di it would be helpful if I could use the body of your letter? Would that be ok?

Thanks, N
              Hi there

Yes of course. ;-) give me a few mins and I shall pm you, good luck.

Comment

Good Morning,

I heard back from Cigna yesterday. They have rejected my complaint.
                See attached. (if anybody see's any specifics that I have missed when editing could they please alert mod for removal, I'm not used to them using my name more than once. I've double checked but am sure I'll miss one. Thanks)

So far,
                GE Money,
                Greenhill Finance,
                Cigna,
                Have all rejected my complaint, they're all blaming each other!

My letter to Sterling insurance was returned a few days ago, GE Money had given me the wrong address. I have got the correct address now and will send this recorded today.

The fight continues..

Thanks,
                N
                Attached Files

Comment

I think you need to complain to the CEOs,orienting out that it was mis-sold and that no one will take responsibility for their actions!

Comment

So we are looking at a complaint to the CEO of each:
                    GE Money
                    Greenhill Finance
                    Cigna
                    Thanks,
                    N

Comment

I would. I have sent emails and have attached a copy of my initial letter of complaint.

Comment

Hi all.
                        I've been busy and so I've just got back into this.

I have today sent an email to GE Money CEO but can't find addresses for the other 2 companies.
                        Other than this step I was looking to lodge a complaint with a body as I've got until the end of the year if I do go down this route.

So FOS is out of the question.
                        Then there's the FLA
                        The FLA will be UNABLE TO CONSIDER your complaint in the following circumstances:
                        • You have received a letter from the company to which you made a complaint which states that your complaint is outside the time limits. This is usually indicated by use of the words “Time Barred under the Limitations Act 1980”. This means the company believes that your complaint has been made outside of the time period the law allows for you to bring a complaint of this type.
                        • The company to which you have complained has confirmed that while it provided the finance for your loan, another company sold the PPI policy to you. For example, a broker, a car dealer or a window company representative. As this other company is not a member of the FLA, we cannot consider the complaint.
                        Then I read about the MCCB but it seems they ceased operating in 2004 and the FSA took over.
                        So is there any aspect of the FSA that I could complain to?

It seems by a broker organising the deal has made this 20x harder.

Many Thanks.
                        N

Comment

Hi there
                          Some of us have been successful in going the underwriter/insurer avenue if all else fails, as with the particular circumstances like if a business are no longer active and your unable to take it to either the FOS or Financial compensation scheme (FSCS) as they were not FSA regulated at the time it was sold to you etc.

In regards of the FLA, unless you have anything else to prove that the original business have not looked into, its rare to have success with them.

I would try finding out who the underwriter was of the broker/lender, let me know and I can sort out a letter for you, as it must be worded carefully when writing to them as they will not want to think they are fully liable (but the fact is they DID have some liabilities). It's another avenue and worth a go if all else have been exhausted.

Comment

Working...
                          X