GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Midland Bank Loan Credit Protection Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midland Bank Loan Credit Protection Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midland Bank Loan Credit Protection Insurance

I would have thought the email would have changed to HSBC whatever it is, would they still have a midland bank email addy?

EDIT: just noticed a thread on CAG and someone sent the questionaire in feb and didnt receive an offer till the following may, thats what, 13 weeks? didnt think they could take that long!
    Last edited by SXGuy; 26 October 2012, 18:03.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok, if they had changed to a HSBC email addy, I have the CEO one here.......

chiefexecutivehsbcbank@hsbc.com

When I was in contact with them last year, they did always get back to me the following day, if not the same day.

Comment

Thank you Di ill email them monday with a chaser letter and see what they say, thanks.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Thank you Di ill email them monday with a chaser letter and see what they say, thanks.
          Your very welcome, and the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            I will double check but up to now only come up with this, but not sure it it belongs to the UK......

custserv@midlandnb.com

and

Info@midlandnb.com

Trying to find the CEO addy.

lol saying that I don't think they have any of these banks apart from in Britain, or do they??
            These email addresses definitely do not belong to anyone from the former Midland Bank PLC. HSBC now own them, so yes, HSBC email addresses should be used.
            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

HSBC
              Stuart Gulliver (managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com)
              St Magnus House
              3 Lower Thames Street
              London
              EC3R 6HA

HSBC like others are very reluctant to publish E.Mail addresses

But the above was published in an article somewhere.
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 26 October 2012, 21:23.

Comment

managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com

suggest mark E.Mail "For Addressee Only"

Comment

Will do thanks!

Comment

Have emailed them today, 8 weeks up tomorrow.

Will let you know the outcome.

Comment

ok got a reply pretty quickly

"Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail addressed to our Chief Executive.

Our records show that we issued a written response to you on 1 November, so this should arrive by post very shortly. "

Well. not being funny, but if it was on the 1st, even second class, it would have turned up by now.

So how long should i wait before i email back and say, it never came?

Comment

"Dear XXXXXX

Our records show that we issued a written response to you on 1 November, so this should arrive by post very shortly. "

Well. not being funny, but if it was on the 1st, even second class, it would have turned up by now.

I would email them back now - that's plenty of time for a simple letter to arrive, keep chasing.

Comment

"Dear XXXXXX

Hon Wong Shame Bank usually 10-14 days !!

Comment

Hi Guys.

Come over to my mothers this morning, to see she had found an old loan from the Midland Bank dated 21st December 1998.

On this agreement there was Credit Protection Insurance, which as i understand is what they call PPI today.

Really what im looking for is some advice on what to do next.

Principle loan was £11143.16

The credit protection insurance part is as follows:

Amount of premium inc IPT £1314.89
                            Amount of Loan £1310.00
                            Total Charge for Credit: £407.36 (14.9%)
                            Total amount payable £1717.36

Which breaks down to
                            Intital payment of £35.70
                            Then 47 payments of £35.78.

Is this too far back for my mother to claim? if not, whats the next step?
                            I know that you are working with my friend di30 re the procedures to activate the obtaining of the data and the claiming process but for interest I detail below the figures involved:

I have extrapolated that your overall premium was in fact £340.13 and have put the figures into one of my spreadsheets -- claim calculated up to 31/12/12 and I deduce
                            • Refund of PPI premiums £1,717.44 (this includes the PPI Premium and associated interest)
                            • 8% Compensatory interest on each payment from date of payment £1,648.10
                            • Overall refund expected as at 31/12/2012 if an upheld successful claim £3,365.54

Please note we don't mention the figures in our claiming letter--it is up to the bank to produce it's figures--my methods are so we can predict the expected offer or check it when received

Turbs
                            My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Wow, hiya Turbo.
                              Nice to see you back.

And thank you, your a diamond x

Comment

Thanks for that Turbo, looks like my calculations were about right then.

Ive still not yet received the letter which they claim was sent on the 1st November.

I emailed HSBC again this morning, and asked for it to be faxed over as this is now urgent, am yet to receive a response to that email, or a fax.

Comment

Working...
                                X