GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Question re PPI reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re PPI reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question re PPI reclaim

All done. Now the wait begins. I'm not sending the cheque back until someone speaks to me and clears this up.

I will admit the email did include the phrases "appalling customer services" and "poor business practices". LOL But I was well behaved and didn't swear. I think I made it quite clear that I was unhappy and quite willing to take it further and make complaints.
    Last edited by liandconsmum; 23 August 2011, 12:13.

Comment

Good luck, hope they get back to you before the end of the working day x

Comment

Wow. Thank you so much for the email Di!!!

An account manager CEO called us back this afternoon. Apologised profusely for the error, and stated that no medical information will be needed, that the cheque will be in the post to us (with correct name on it LOL) by Thursday at the latest as he has already approved it, and we should receive it either Saturday or early next week. He also reassured us that no personal data of ours has gone out to the other account holder that got mixed up with ours.

Yay! Money on it's way!

Comment

result!!!

lets hope both cheques turn up as promised!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liandconsmum View Post

An account manager CEO called us back this afternoon. Apologised profusely for the error, and stated that no medical information will be needed, that the cheque will be in the post to us (with correct name on it LOL) by Thursday at the latest as he has already approved it, and we should receive it either Saturday or early next week. He also reassured us that no personal data of ours has gone out to the other account holder that got mixed up with ours.

Yay! Money on it's way!

Fantastic!
            That is fab news, well done honey and so glad this is resolved, hope both you and evenlessdopy receive those payouts very soon xx

Comment

Excellent news..congrats

Comment

Thats great news, lets hope it arrives quickly for you. Well worth the email
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by liandconsmum View Post

Yay! Money on it's way!
                  Not surprised that the MBNA account manager apologised profusely for the error...

Whoever authorised the cheque being sent out, breached the DPA!

Report MBNA to the ICO.

Comment

I would also place an account of this appalling incident including a precis of the phone call(s) in writing in front of them by recorded delivery. Then your letter is the top of the pile on your file and there is no wriggling during a complaint to the regulators.

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Why was he so accommodating? because as Angry Cat says they messed up big time and to avoid further complaints about the matter to the regulatory bodies have decided it is better to settle and get this right now than have a bigger hole dug for them.

Once you get the right cheque I would still report them to the ICO because if for nothing else it has been put on record and will go against them should these errors continue so with that take a photocopy of the wrong cheque before returning it.

However well done as there mess up has worked to your advantage

Regards
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 24 August 2011, 09:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X