GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Question re PPI reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re PPI reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question re PPI reclaim

We can't get any straight answers out of them on the phone. Customer services say that they can't get through to the department dealing with PPI because they are either not answering their phones or simply too busy. In the meantime, we sit here and wait. I'm sure the other party (the one the cheque is made out to) is probably not pleased either, as we have his cheque.

The only time I remember seeing a phone number directly to those working on the PPI stuff was on the letter I received asking for more information. And can I find it anywhere? Of course not!!! I cannot believe I can't find that letter! I'm very careful about putting everything in the specific file - it may not always be in the right order, but I always put it in the file. And it's not there. Probably misfiled, blast it! I've looked in all the ones I've filed recently, but nothing.

If they haven't called back in the next couple hours, I will be calling around 3:30 or 4 and demand some answers. I'm not sending the cheque back to them until I know what's going on. LOL

It wouldn't be so bad, but we requested this initially in February, and we're still wrangling about it. grrrrrrr

Still annoyed over having to put together the medical info (although I have it now)... but I would have thought the onus of proof is on them to prove they did not mis-sell it, not for DH to prove he has a pre-existing medical condition, IYSWIM.
    Last edited by liandconsmum; 22 August 2011, 11:30.

Comment

This is from their website:

MBNA’s goal is to do things right for our customers ‘first time, every time’. We are committed to providing the best possible service to our customers and to treat them fairly. For this reason, we have set out some guidance on how to make a PPI complaint following the recent Judicial Review on this subject.
      I think they've dropped the ball on this one somewhere. If it is a mixed up situation, it's this Rachel Nixon person that screwed up our account number a few times (and we corrected it). Argh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liandconsmum View Post
        We can't get any straight answers out of them on the phone. Customer services say that they can't get through to the department dealing with PPI because they are either not answering their phones or simply too busy. In the meantime, we sit here and wait. I'm sure the other party (the one the cheque is made out to) is probably not pleased either, as we have his cheque.

The only time I remember seeing a phone number directly to those working on the PPI stuff was on the letter I received asking for more information. And can I find it anywhere? Of course not!!! I cannot believe I can't find that letter! I'm very careful about putting everything in the specific file - it may not always be in the right order, but I always put it in the file. And it's not there. Probably misfiled, blast it! I've looked in all the ones I've filed recently, but nothing.

If they haven't called back in the next couple hours, I will be calling around 3:30 or 4 and demand some answers. I'm not sending the cheque back to them until I know what's going on. LOL

It wouldn't be so bad, but we requested this initially in February, and we're still wrangling about it. grrrrrrr

Still annoyed over having to put together the medical info (although I have it now)... but I would have thought the onus of proof is on them to prove they did not mis-sell it, not for DH to prove he has a pre-existing medical condition, IYSWIM.

I would be contacting/emailing their Chief Executive Officer (CEO), who will not be too happy with the staff not being at all competent in this matter, and tell the CEO at the same time you've a good mind to contact both the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and the FSA about this.
        If you want to see if they get back to you first - that is up to you, but if they fail to deal with this then maybe doing the above would be another suggestion. It will open the CEO's eyes on his staff!

ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com

Comment

Thank you. I will do that. It's so frustrating as it's now derailed our complaint as well, so we don't have a clue what's going on with it. We were expecting this cheque, and obviously we don't spend money we don't have, but it's very inconvenient as well.

Not to mention we're a bit concerned about whether or not OUR details have gone to someone else!

Thank you for the contact info. I will hack into DH's email (LOL) and put together an email to the CEO this afternoon, after I complete some other priority paperwork. (yep - I'm to the eyebrows with paperwork - and now this has just added to the load. I'm not happy at all about this!!)

Comment

Thank you. I will do that. It's so frustrating as it's now derailed our complaint as well, so we don't have a clue what's going on with it. We were expecting this cheque, and obviously we don't spend money we don't have, but it's very inconvenient as well.

Not to mention we're a bit concerned about whether or not OUR details have gone to someone else!

Thank you for the contact info. I will hack into DH's email (LOL) and put together an email to the CEO this afternoon, after I complete some other priority paperwork. (yep - I'm to the eyebrows with paperwork - and now this has just added to the load. I'm not happy at all about this!!)
            http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Your very welcome hon, I would definately mention all your concerns on what you have said on your post, this just isn't on what have happened here.

Mind you if this was me I do think I would be ringing the ICO to tell them this anyway, and see what they think and suggest.

Comment

I will give MBNA a bit of time this afternoon to get back to me, and then I'll go from there. I will definitely mention that I am looking into making complaints regarding this matter to the ICO, FSA, and I would imagine the FOS as well, as they've obviously messed us around regarding this PPI reclaim. There's really no excuse for this.

Comment

I will give MBNA a bit of time this afternoon to get back to me, and then I'll go from there. I will definitely mention that I am looking into making complaints regarding this matter to the ICO, FSA, and I would imagine the FOS as well, as they've obviously messed us around regarding this PPI reclaim. There's really no excuse for this.

I think its damn well awful!
                Keeping everything crossed for you hon and please keep us posted, and yes if you hear nothing I would get on to the contacting all of the above. x

Comment

Well, so far, nobody has called back. (not surprised though LOL)

Called their customer services again and she said they don't deal with that and gave me a different number that says basically "we are too busy to take your call, please leave a message". A second number (found that other letter) does the same thing.

I'm slowly putting together paperwork and a timeline to refer to, and then I'm going to start contacting for complaints.

Comment

Di gave me the CEO's email address for a similar situation with my son, he never got a cheque at all and was palmed off by the telephone jockeys. sent the email to CEO (not polite trust me) and an hour after got a very apologetic person to sort it out, might be worth a try, I'll come back with the email.

see that Di already gave you it Ian O'Doherty, shame you have to go to those lengths to get it sorted.
                    Last edited by MrsD; 22 August 2011, 16:29. Reason: Dopey is dopey

Comment

We shouldn't have to beg for what is rightfully owed to us, and it's not nice that we have to go as far as the CEO to keep chasing them, if the shoe was on the other foot they would not be that lenient whatsoever!

Get emailing the CEO hon, looks like its the only way, if they continue to ignore then I would be seeking further redress for the inconvenience they have caused, saying that they have caused that already haven't they?

Comment

If I were him, I would be reading the riot act, bad service levels at the bottom always come from the top. Doesn't appear to have very engaged staff.

Comment

Yes, we'll be putting together an email later today (appointments to go to first), and I will make sure to point out that in a letter in JUNE we specifically addressed the issue that on a few of their letters, they were using the wrong account number, and I made sure to point out which one was incorrect and which one was correct. So there's no reason for the problem to have continued to this level. Good thing I save everything. LOL

Comment

Yes, we'll be putting together an email later today (appointments to go to first), and I will make sure to point out that in a letter in JUNE we specifically addressed the issue that on a few of their letters, they were using the wrong account number, and I made sure to point out which one was incorrect and which one was correct. So there's no reason for the problem to have continued to this level. Good thing I save everything. LOL

That's the spirit, good luck honey, and any more problems let us know, but keep us posted anyway, cheers x

Comment

Thanks. Putting it in an email now, just finished timeline. Two particular people named from the company that handled this account and should have been aware of the possible mix-up. I am absolutely livid that I have to do this. Here I am sitting with someone else's cheque (or their name on my cheque, who knows?) and I can't get it sorted as they are not returning calls and not taking them, only goes to voice mail which doesn't appear to be answered. Ridiculous!

Comment

go get them!!!
                                don't hold back on the email, just say what you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X