GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Question re PPI reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re PPI reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question re PPI reclaim

Yes, I think I will do that. Then I can pick out what's related, and blank out any personal information that is unrelated or unnecessary. I will put together a letter and send it to them stating that we are currently putting together the requested medical proof so that they don't think we are ignoring it.
    Also tell them as you are forcing me to get this info from other sources it is unreasonable and unfair to expect me to return the info within 3 weeks so expect you to increase that time to .......

Regards

Comment

When my hubby had to make a claim on something a few years ago, I remember he had a chat with the GP/Reception, and he had to pay a fee, the payment was made after hubby received the details, cannot recall on the definate charge, but it may have been something like £25 then thereabouts.

Comment

Personally, if they are demanding the info, I think THEY should pay for it. grrrrr But we'll see what I can come up with.

Comment

Liandconsmum,

All they need to satisfy is a letter from your GP detailing your medical issues and nothing else.

So for example it would go like this:

Dear MBNA,

Please accept this letter as prove of my clients health conditions, he had a ......... from the ...... and these conditions are ongoing.

Yours Sincerely

Dr ...........

You get the picture that is all they need they do not need to know the ins and outs

My doctor supplied a letter like that at no cost via return of post, most if not all will oblige with such a letter as that will keep your records intact and away from prying eyes.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by liandconsmum View Post
            Personally, if they are demanding the info, I think THEY should pay for it. grrrrr But we'll see what I can come up with.

Yes I believe that as well and was so annoyed that we had to fork out when my hubby requested for his details.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Liandconsmum,

All they need to satisfy is a letter from your GP detailing your medical issues and nothing else.

So for example it would go like this:

Dear MBNA,

Please accept this letter as prove of my clients health conditions, he had a ......... from the ...... and these conditions are ongoing.

Yours Sincerely

Dr ...........

You get the picture that is all they need they do not need to know the ins and outs

My doctor supplied a letter like that at no cost via return of post, most if not all will oblige with such a letter as that will keep your records intact and away from prying eyes.

Regards

Even better, this is great PF.

Comment

Di,

In my claim all I did was write a letter to my GP as I even did not think it was worth an appointment as that time would be better served treating an ill patient.

I ask him to supply me with a letter confirming my medical conditions to satisfy an insurance company, He wrote back three days later with a letter addressed to who it may concern detailing my health conditions no detail was given it merely stated what the condition was and the date that I was diagnosed and signed by him to that effect.

I then forwarded that letter on to my bank.

That is all they need and no more should be sent as that info is personal.

Regards
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8 July 2011, 21:33.

Comment

I may even be cheeky and if they charge me for the letter, I will put together an invoice and include it with the Dr's note with my letter to MBNA, indicating that it is their responsibility to pay for this as they wanted it. LOL Never hurts, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Di,

In my claim all I did was write a letter to my GP as I even did not think it was worth an appointment as that time would be better served treating an ill patient.

I ask him to supply me with a letter confirming my medical conditions to satisfy an insurance company, He wrote back three days later with a letter addressed to who it may concern detailing my health conditions no detail was given it merely stated what the condition was and the date that I was diagnosed and signed by him to that effect.

I then forwarded that letter on to my bank.

That is all they need and no more should be sent as that info is personal.

Regards
                    If I may say, the above advice is very good indeed. Where applicable that is exactly the sort of strategy to employ.

Comment

I sent them a letter saying I needed more time (30 days) as we were gathering the appropriate paperwork, and they replied back saying "We've approved your request, the cheque will be with you within 28 days." Wow!

Comment

Fantastic result!!!!!!!!!

Well done

Comment

Result!

Well done!

Comment

Fantastic Lia
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well, this is just frustrating. Received cheque today, letter addressed to DH, cheque made out to someone else.. someone we don't know.

Rang MBNA and they say they're still waiting on the medical info. I said "but you sent a letter in July stating that you've approved the claim and were sending a cheque - now we've got a letter and a cheque, but the cheque is made out to the wrong name."

It looks suspiciously now like they've mixed our account with someone else's who was reclaiming PPI. Which means they may not have approved our claim after all, and they may still be waiting for medical info. Which I would have sent in A MONTH AGO, if they hadn't sent us the letter saying it was already approved. (because obviously they wouldn't approve it and say they would be sending a cheque if they were still awaiting more information, right? common sense??)

So if that's the case, they've delayed our account for A MONTH, after already holding it for months on end as it is!! Someone is supposed to be calling me back to verify what exactly is going on, so we can proceed with this. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRYYYYY!!!!

(isn't that a violation of data protection? sending us some details of someone else's account? not to mention their CHEQUE??)

Comment

Originally posted by liandconsmum View Post
                                Well, this is just frustrating. Received cheque today, letter addressed to DH, cheque made out to someone else.. someone we don't know.

Rang MBNA and they say they're still waiting on the medical info. I said "but you sent a letter in July stating that you've approved the claim and were sending a cheque - now we've got a letter and a cheque, but the cheque is made out to the wrong name."

It looks suspiciously now like they've mixed our account with someone else's who was reclaiming PPI. Which means they may not have approved our claim after all, and they may still be waiting for medical info. Which I would have sent in A MONTH AGO, if they hadn't sent us the letter saying it was already approved. (because obviously they wouldn't approve it and say they would be sending a cheque if they were still awaiting more information, right? common sense??)

So if that's the case, they've delayed our account for A MONTH, after already holding it for months on end as it is!! Someone is supposed to be calling me back to verify what exactly is going on, so we can proceed with this. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRYYYYY!!!!

(isn't that a violation of data protection? sending us some details of someone else's account? not to mention their CHEQUE??)

Hiya

Blimey that is not right at all!
                                And yes that is I believe a violation of DPA.

Did they say when they were to sort this out?

If you get any messing, then I would be inclined to make them aware you feel you should contact the ICO about this matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X