GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Should I rock the boat? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I rock the boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I rock the boat?

Just thinking out loud here! As some of you may know have been running my own dmp for debts that were not UE and also just not paying some. I am also heading abroad in a few months and will be ceasing all payments. Just wondering if I should start any PPI claims that I may have or should I just leave well alone as in not rocking the boat?

Thanks for any responses

Re: Should I rock the boat?

Short answer? Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

I've been following your property/housing threads. You've got one sold but the other BLT (and your family home?) is still vulnerable to legal proceedings/charging orders from your creditors.

So I'm saying don't rock the boat just yet.

Comment

That's what i thought and I'm sure I remember ticking the opt out boxes for PPI so have never looked into claiming back as if there was any compensation I certainly wouldn't see it, think I will just maintain my blissful ignorance and quietly slip away. Thanks Plan B

Comment

Phew
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am not up-to-speed on your diary/position, although i think the general AAD consensus is only use PPI claims as a last resort on debts you are not actively paying in to otherwise its tit for tat.
          Best
          SA
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X