GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide Credit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

Originally posted by Sweety200 View Post
    Thanks fir the advice. I am so naive at times !!!
    You're not at all naive - we were all duped into thinking that the banks played fair, but truth is they do not.

Rule #1 - NEVER speak to a creditor on the phone - as you've discovered you will be lied to in order to get you to admit to the debt, or make a payment, both of which could reset the statute barred clock (unless the debt is already SB).

Keep everything in writing from now on and you'll be fine. Ball is in their court now - let them send what they can (which sounds like not a lot), and then take it from there. Remember time is your friend not theirs.

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks. The whole thing just scares me

Comment

It's ok to be scared, if you weren't I would be worried, we have all been there at the beginning of our journeys, occasionally something turns up that may make us panic a bit, but we post on here and advice comes as to what is thought you should do, It is your choice weather to follow that advice or not.
        we cannot wave a magic wand and make it all go away,real life is not like in the movies, but with some help and your determination it can be made bearable . NW
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I just need advice on my credit card with nationwide. Kpr have sent a notice stating if not paid in full they will serve a ccj and charge on house. Debt is 4k. My question is they have on numerous occasions sent a copy of priority application form and confirmed thus is my signed cca. Only one sidebof copy, no terms and conditions, apr, etc. also application form is for a account number that was closed and demand for another account number. Pre 2007 application
          How did you happen to acquire the document which KPR are claiming is a bona fide credit agreement? Did you simply ask for it over the phone or did you make a formal request under section 78 CCA 1974 enclosing the £1 statutory fee?

If you didn't make a formal request then do that now because the legislation you will be relying on will be to decide whether or not they have complied with your request under section 78. The authenticity and completeness of the documents sent which will allow them to enforce the debt in court may be a different legal argument under section 61 (for example). The creditor can send you what you perceive to be rubbish but that can still satisfy s.78.

In my case (Santander v Mayhew) I lost the s.78 argument but won on s.61 (and other legal issues). Read this judgement to help you see the difference.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/14.html

Whatever you get sent this time following your telephone call to KPR will not necessarily help you in the long run since it's not been formally requested.

This is the Template Letter you need to send to get it legally watertight unless you're certain you've already done things by the book in the past http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request

Comment

Hi sweety any more news on this xx

Comment

Hi. They still havent sent copy of cca. Supposed to have sent it last week. They sent me a letter saying they will call me on 9th jan to see if i cam afford the 70 a mth repayment they want. No phone call. Problem is i cant find the copy application form and letter that they confirmed application form is my cca. Can i ask them under the foi act for copies of all correspondence sent by me to them and vice versa ? This will then gave the application form and their letter confirming it iscas good as a signed cca?

Comment

You can send a SAR request but that takes 40 days. Personally I don't see the point. You have asked for the CCA again and they have not yet sent it if I understand correctly. Therefore just wait until they send something and we can go from there. There's really nothing else to gain by asking for copies of all the letters. It's what they send now that matters.

Comment

have you sent for the CCA using the template from this site (with a fee of £1) if not please do so ASAP http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request
                  if they don't send it you can then put the account in dispute

please do not speak to them on the phone, ask for every thing in writing

Comment

Hi sweety are you OK?

Comment

Hiya. Yes im ok thanks. Ive sent them my request with £1 fee three weeks ago. Send further reminder a week ago all registerd post. Still no cca from then. Had plenty of phonecalls but just havent answered. Wonder why they wont comply and send copy of priority application form like they did in 2008 ?

Comment

Well if they dont comply, they are in breach of the request. I personally wouldnt be reminding them of their obligations, because not fulfilling the request works in your favour.

Comment

So what do i do just dont pay ?

Comment

That's correct, they don't comply you can withhold payment, you can put it to one side and save it up if you like.
                            all that they sent me was , 2 photocopy's of a signed DD mandate dated 25/08/98 + 09/09/98, copy of signed application [think this was a flyer] with no T+C visible, leaflet of recent T+C

that was 2013, they sent a few threatening letters . but we have some super template letters on this site that, along with our support should help hold them off.
                            let us know when you receive anything off them,
                            just remember 'don't talk to them on the phone' if you are worried at any time just get on here and talk to us, were here to help xx NW
                            Last edited by nightwatch; 12 February 2015, 07:18.

Comment

Ok will leave things and as soon i get a reply i will contact you. Thank you do much x

Comment

Hiya. Yes im ok thanks. Ive sent them my request with £1 fee three weeks ago. Send further reminder a week ago all registerd post. Still no cca from then. Had plenty of phonecalls but just havent answered. Wonder why they wont comply and send copy of priority application form like they did in 2008 ?
                                They've probably destroyed it by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X