GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rockwells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockwells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rockwells

Thanks Nightwatch & also cymruambyth- I think I'll just keep playing dumb for another couple of months!

Comment

Just a few weeks away from what I consider to be the SB date now.

Do I have to get them to send me something like a list of payments made to prove the point or do I just wait to see if they contact me again around that date and hit them with the SB letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpet View Post
        Do I have to get them to send me something like a list of payments made to prove the point or do I just wait to see if they contact me again around that date and hit them with the SB letter?
        According to this thread you've not received anything since 30th March. Is that right?

Did you send the MPT's letter or did you ignore that letter?

If you've not heard anything new then I see no reason for you to make contact until you do. Wait until you're certain that the debt is SB and even then do nothing unless approached. If you get a LBA then it may make sense to tell them it's SB at that stage.

You won't ever need to prove it's SB unless legal proceedings are issued and then the onus is on the Claimant to prove it's not SB once you tell them it is in your Defence.

Whatever happens don't ask to see anything or write to anyone right now (unless they write to you). Let sleeping dogs lie - for years if necessary

Comment

Many thanks Plan B., I've left them to it - I think there was the usual, speculative offer of a huge discount if I agreed to pay but I let that one pass with no response and it's been nice and quiet.

I'll leave it all be then, and see whether they want to try their luck with legal action anytime soon...

Comment

Just thought I'd update this to say Hurrah and huzzah!

The default for this has now disappeared from my file (which is now blemish free) and I will shortly be able to ditch the 'credit building' card that I have used to gain some green ticks on my credit file for one with a far lower APR. Happy days!

Also, in a very short time the SB date will be upon us and that'll (hopefully) be the end of it.

Thanks to all for your continued advice and support - to everyone else in my situation I'd say: Stick at it, there's light at the end of the tunnel. It may sometimes seem like a long way away but don't let that put you off.

Comment

Well done Trumpet and thank you for supportive post xxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I love good news on AAD, well done from me too Trumpet

Best wishes
                IF
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                X