GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rockwells - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockwells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rockwells

Boooo!

Niddy says it's Enforceable and Debt Managers appear to be quite keen to make contact. Shame I've just lost my job isn't it?

Comment

Quick question for the more knowledgable amongst us...

I lost my job in November and have almost run out of money to pay the bills. I've taken on a part time, low paid job to stay afloat.

Should I offer them a very small token payment each month (just a few quid) for the time being (and tell them that if they push for more they may actually get less) or just tell them that I've got nothing for them right now?

Which would be least worst?

Comment

I would not be paying them anything, I thought you were blagging this?

Comment

I was - but Niddy has seen the paperwork and says it's enforceable...

Comment

and?

I've been blagging some for over 4 years......................

Comment

Maybe I'm just being a wimp. (Or inexperienced)

I though it was Game Over if they can take action.

Comment

it's game over if they do take action, just send the missing PTs and see what comes back.

remember you are dealing with part time students and harassed housewives in a call centre, their legal knowledge is nil, they just follow a work plan that someone else has written, anything that deviates needs to be passed back.

Don't miss any letters and keep us updated and stick some money away if you can so that if the worst comes to the worst you can deal. But don't pay them yet

Comment

OK, many thanks for that - I can't afford to pay them or put any by just yet but I'll keep it in mind...

Off to the templates section I go!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpet View Post
                    I have now received a letter from Arrowsoles . . . . They tell me that the account is being "operated on their behalf" by Debt Managers Ltd

So what do we think? Has it or hasn't it been sold? .
                    Yes. MBNA have sold it to Arrow.

Arrow has passed it to one of their "business partners" which is a DCA called Debt Managers Ltd because they don't have their own in-house collections team.

Should I offer them a very small token payment each month (just a few quid) for the time being (and tell them that if they push for more they may actually get less) or just tell them that I've got nothing for them right now?
                    What's been the tone of the correspondence you've been receiving from Debt Managers Ltd since they took over management of the account in May 2014? Have you replied or ignored their letters?

I though it was Game Over if they can take action.
                    A DCA can never take action only a solicitor can issue legal proceedings or a creditor with an in-house legal department.

Arrow use Restons and Shoosmiths to issue summons. If your account is transferred to either of them then that'll be a different story. In the meantime do as Mrs D suggested and blag it.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

What's been the tone of the correspondence you've been receiving from Debt Managers Ltd since they took over management of the account in May 2014? Have you replied or ignored their letters?

They sent text messages that got blocked because they're not on my contact list, they sent emails and I said that to have any chance of a response they must contact me in writing I didn't acknowledge anything, just told them that I would only communicate via letter.

They've now done that ( a week or so ago) with a fairly standard looking letter telling me to contact them to arrange payment. I haven't replied so far...

Comment

They sent text messages that got blocked because they're not on my contact list, they sent emails and I said that to have any chance of a response they must contact me in writing I didn't acknowledge anything, just told them that I would only communicate via letter.

They've now done that ( a week or so ago) with a fairly standard looking letter telling me to contact them to arrange payment. I haven't replied so far...

When you do decide it's time to respond to their first written letter then MrsD's suggestion is spot on

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        just send the missing PTs and see what comes back

Don't miss any letters and keep us updated

Comment

The merry dance continues!

While I was ruminating what to do I got a letter from Moorcrap - I think it's at least the seecond time they've handled this.

No letter to inform me that it was being passed on again, just a letter to say that they will be in touch by letter and/or phone soon to discuss my repayment options.

I think it'll become SB in a few months so I'll be trying not to hurry to get in touch with them

Shall I send the Missing PT's letter to them to take up a bit of time or just sit it out?

Comment

You could either send missing PTs or even a sold in dispute.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The thing is - having looked through all the correspondence I may have received something along those lines in the past - is it ok to ask for PTs again, just to be sure?

Comment

of course you can the longer you spin this out the better, they most probably don't even remember you sending it to them x
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X