GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child Tax Credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child Tax Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Tax Credit

Many years ago, a friend was claiming working tax credits or child tax credits, not sure exact name of it.

HMRC are now claiming she was over paid by just short of £2000. It is now in the hands of Fredrickson International.

This is over 6 years ago, my question is, do HMRC debts become time-barred after 6 years or because it is HMRC do they remain liable?

Thanks.

Re: Child Tax Credit

think it's 12 years for these debts

Comment

Originally posted by Fergie76 View Post
      This is over 6 years ago, my question is, do HMRC debts become time-barred after 6 years or because it is HMRC do they remain liable?

Thanks.
      Yes, they do.

BUT....... they can always be deducted from future benefits.......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks.

Is that a yes they do become time barred or yes the person remains liable?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          Yes, they do.

BUT....... they can always be deducted from future benefits.......
          Originally posted by Fergie76 View Post
          Thanks.

Is that a yes they do become time barred or yes the person remains liable?

Thanks
          OK........They can't or very rarely go to court....

But like I said...... if you ever need to claim again they can be deducted from future benefits......
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X