GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Late payment markers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late payment markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late payment markers

I have a Littlewoods account, 2 years ago I had a couple of late payment markers, all been tip top for the last two years, the problem I have now is, in a couple of years I do intend to apply for a mortgage, all CCJs will have long gone etc, only thing that will still show are the 2 times I was 2 months late with my littlewoods account.

I no longer need the Littlewoods account and I am paying the minimum payments each month (should be clear in January next year) I am not breaking a sweat paying this and I could just pay it all off and close the account.

My dilemma is this:
    A) I pay it off and close the account
    B) I continue to pay minimum and slowly close the account

Option A was my gut instinct, until I read somewhere that if I closed the account tomorrow, then those late payment markers would remain for six years post closing the account?
    Option B would be to continue to keep the account open for another 4 years and then close the account once the late payment markers are 6 years old and fall off naturally,

Will littlewoods keep an inactive account open that long? and am I just best ticking along until option B happens?

Re: Late payment markers

Keep it open. If you close it now then those markers stay for longer. Keeping it open moves everything down a notch with the latest green [0] so in time those lates will drop off (3 years).

If you close it they stay for 6 years from date of closure.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X