GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unknown Debt from Cabot Finance

Just got this letter from them today.
    Just sit back and wait for another stupid DCA to take it up...
    Attached Files
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

They used someone else about 2 years ago, which I informed them that it was obtained by fraudulent means of a forged signature. We even reported it to the Police to get a crime number to give to them.

I'm just looking forward to the next muppet to crawl from under their rock...
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        Just got this letter from them today.
        well done, that's a result of sorts
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Excellent result Pookie!
          Hang on to the letter and send a copy to any other amoeba who might try their luck.
          Meanwhile, tick tock tick tock.....

Elsa x

Comment

From what they say in the letter, it's SB'd (due to the length of time) if they cant find anything. Am I right?

Comment

From what they say in the letter, it's SB'd (due to the length of time) if they cant find anything. Am I right?
              Not unless it has been 6+ years since you last paid.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The Credit Card was obtained by fraud and so Mrs Pooky has never paid a penny

Comment

The Credit Card was obtained by fraud and so Mrs Pooky has never paid a penny
                  Really? Then if that is the case it is not SB'd it is fraud, ie complain to the FOS and have all record of this wiped.

Comment

I remember it was McKenzie Hall who I gave them the crime number and then 2 years later... Now, Cabot are trying again.
                    I will copy the letters later when I can get the HD recovered as it has crashed and it's gonna cost me nearly £300 to do.
                    Cabot said in their letter that FOS wont touch this one due to the circumstanses.

Comment

I remember it was McKenzie Hall who I gave them the crime number and then 2 years later... Now, Cabot are trying again.
                      I will copy the letters later when I can get the HD recovered as it has crashed and it's gonna cost me nearly £300 to do.
                      Cabot said in their letter that FOS wont touch this one due to the circumstanses.
                      Well tell cabot to fuckoff. Simples.

As for the FOS, are you serious and do you have that letter where they said that? If they hassled you for a debt that was NOT yours then the FOS will get involved and more than likely will punish the lender for their inadequate checks.

Regards the HDD - send a PM to mauijim who does this pretty good, he fixed FlowerPowers I believe and it was nothing like £300

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

As for the FOS, are you serious and do you have that letter where they said that? If they hassled you for a debt that was NOT yours then the FOS will get involved and more than likely will punish the lender for their inadequate checks.

Regards the HDD - send a PM to mauijim who does this pretty good, he fixed FlowerPowers I believe and it was nothing like £300

Now now do not tell them that = they will not understand, just tell them to Go Forth & Multiply, they MAY understand that, or put the attached in an envelope:- in (pieces)
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 December 2012, 15:50.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep, serious. Mrs Pooky has never had a CC in her life, until I got her one for my account as I have one and asked for a second card.
                          She has never had one as she has never needed one due to having agoraphobia and never had the need for one.

Comment

I'm going to send this to the FOS and see what they come back with - as soon as I get my HD back.
                            Last edited by pooky2483; 23 August 2012, 21:33.

Comment

as soon as I get my HD back.
                              Did you get in touch with, and post it to Jim...?

He emailed me to check I okayed it, which I did so feel free - that's who I would send mine to, if it broke

Comment

Did you get in touch with, and post it to Jim...?

He emailed me to check I okayed it, which I did so feel free - that's who I would send mine to, if it broke
                                I've already sent it off yesterday, he should get it today before 1pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X