GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New member needing advice please!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member needing advice please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New member needing advice please!!

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Hi Max

Just thought I'd chip in my personal opinion here as someone who was on a self managed DMP only to ditch the payments 18 months ago and have since not paid a creditor anything.

Why?

Well to be blunt being on a DMP didn't actually resolve anything - debtors still harassed me, called me at work, I even had two creditors 'misplace' payments.

So I thought "to hell with this" and stopped the payments. Since then I have pulled creditors up on conduct of harassment, breaches of the Unfair Relationship Provisions of the CCA, Unlawful interest/charges not to mention those debts that are UE.

Like you I tried to do things the 'reasonable' and 'ethical' way, only to be treated so badly I decided to fight back.

By the sounds of things your creditors have pretty much done the worst to you that they can - which is get Charging Orders and then stress you to the point you felt the only route was to sell. My regret for you is that you didn't find that site earlier.

I genuinely don't think they can do much more harm to you and can only encourage you to stand up and fight back. It DOES empower you, and you WILL feel better about yourself, and you WILL get through the process with a much improved appreciation of how these big companies behave (or misbehave as the case may be).

Best of luck

SnV
    Yes I agree, Pay grab are only interested in handing money back to their sponsors, The Banks.
    Crocodile tears over your predicament you've lost your house but the Banks have got their money.
    Now you have to take care of yourself and your family, sod anything else.
    Paysham offer no help whatsoever when things go t*ts up, you're well out of it.
    They'll never advise the UE route for obvious reasons, I'm hoping that all the deluded, masochistic, self flagellatory folk who follow other sites wake up and smell the proverbial.
    The only way is up!!
    On a minor point why do Paybad get their money on the 25th of the month but the creditors don't get paid till the 9th of the following month?
    Hence more charges and interest heaped upon the poor DMP'er.
    Last edited by odetter; 3 December 2013, 23:04.

Comment

Thanks SnV. I intend to ditch the DMP after x-mas. Its interesting how they have been calling and leaving messages over the past couple of days although I have been at work. I intend to stand up and fight back too.
      As I am learning I intend to act on the advice given here rather than act on my fear.

Comment

Odetter,

Your post has reminded me that yes why does it take so long for paybad to pay my creditors . I pay them on the 1st and some of my creditors get paid on the 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
          Odetter,

Your post has reminded me that yes why does it take so long for paybad to pay my creditors . I pay them on the 1st and some of my creditors get paid on the 19th.
          If all the clients pay on the 1st and they don't pay out until the 19th, that's interest/cash flow for them! Better off having it in your cash flow
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SnV. I intend to ditch the DMP after x-mas. Its interesting how they have been calling and leaving messages over the past couple of days although I have been at work. I intend to stand up and fight back too.
            As I am learning I intend to act on the advice given here rather than act on my fear.
            Is it your creditors calling you at work or your DMP provider?
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
              If all the clients pay on the 1st and they don't pay out until the 19th, that's interest/cash flow for them! Better off having it in your cash flow
              Quite.
              Which explains why we were getting grumpy letters from creditors because payslow were sitting on the money.
              In this day and age payments can be processed on the same day,so how it takes them 3 weeks is beyond comprehension.
              As for F&F settlements there "Settlement Team" laughingly managed to negotiate a Whopping 25% discount!!!!
              This is after 7 long years and unbroken payment records.
              They then told us that most of the debts were probably Unenforceable!!
              What a joke they are, just money collecting lackeys for the Financial Industry.
              We've had enough, bring it on!!
              Last edited by odetter; 5 December 2013, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by odetter View Post
                That's the hammer!
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Well done! It really makes a big difference when you change your mindset.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

SaltnVinegar,

DMP are calling me not my creditors. I cancelled my insurance with them to free up an extra £30 a month since getting stronger from all the great advice and support from you guys and gals at beginning of this week. They were not impressed and pretty rude to me. This annoyed me as I have paid them this insurance every month for more than 5 years.
                      This is my first step preparing for getting rid of their help!! in the new year.
                      Now towards the end of the week I am getting calls from DMP at least twice a day.
                      Last edited by Max; 5 December 2013, 21:19. Reason: pressed wrong button

Comment

Odetter,
                        I love your We've had enough, bring it on!! The same was happening to us with creditors saying we were late with payments when we had paid DMP on time. This is what led Barclay's to start charging me interest as thy stated we had not stuck to the terms of our repayment agreement.
                        Payplan did not help and just stated that we can't stop them charging you interest.

Comment

I know, they're not truly independent.
                          Even National Debt Line has Barclays as a sponsor along with DCA Westcot and guess who else?
                          Step forward Pay Plan!!
                          Google Money Advice Trust to see the full list, it may surprise you!!
                          Furthermore once Paysham have returned 70% to the OC they then toss the stripped bare carcass out to the slavering greedy wolves known as DCAs.
                          IMHO they've become another instrument of the Debt industry.
                          My anger and bitterness is centred around the fact that having returned 70% to the OC they were not prepared to negotiate 40% of the remaining debt!!!
                          Cynical f***ers, now they can make do with nothing.
                          I'm so bloody mad about it.
                          Now it's my turn to irritate those bunch of cockwombles.

Comment

Furthermore whilst I'm ranting on what is just as annoying is the way that other sites promote them as both Free and Independent!!
                            In some people's eyes not even Mother Teresa is saintlier than PayPlan.
                            Think I'll change my name to Victor Meldrew!!!!

Comment

Cynical f***ers, now they can make do with nothing.
                              I'm so bloody mad about it.
                              Now it's my turn to irritate those bunch of cockwombles.
                              Love it!
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

SaltnVinegar,

DMP are calling me not my creditors. I cancelled my insurance with them to free up an extra £30 a month since getting stronger from all the great advice and support from you guys and gals at beginning of this week. They were not impressed and pretty rude to me. This annoyed me as I have paid them this insurance every month for more than 5 years.
                                This is my first step preparing for getting rid of their help!! in the new year.
                                Now towards the end of the week I am getting calls from DMP at least twice a day.
                                So with the insurance and their handling fee they're trousering nearly £70 a month!!
                                So basically you've handed over £4200 in charges since you started the DMP.
                                No wonder they're phoning you, they can see the train leaving without the gravy!
                                Going to stop moaning now and start posting my travails on this UE rollercoaster.
                                Last edited by odetter; 6 December 2013, 00:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X