GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New member needing advice please!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member needing advice please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New member needing advice please!!

been there and done it, so I know that is how it is because we've been there.

Being in debt is not a capital crime, shit happens to everyone, that's what life is all about. The system is horrendous for debt, and mostly you don't know anything about it until it happens to you. It's a bit like the matrix when the guy discovers that his ordinary life doesn't actually exist!

We are here, we're not going anywhere and we will support and help all we can, the evidence that this forum does that is all around these pages.

Comment

guys, the system was designed to put people in debt, end of. No point trying to work out why or how it happened. We all live in a fiat currency system, which can only work if there is a debt owed by someone to someone else. Its that simple.

The only way the system can no longer function is to remove yourself from it. And that's what we all do here. We do not let it work, because we refuse to play their game. We play our own.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        guys, the system was designed to put people in debt, end of. No point trying to work out why or how it happened. We all live in a fiat currency system, which can only work if there is a debt owed by someone to someone else. Its that simple.
        So true.

Max - Just picked up on this thread mate. I can only echo what others have already said: I know it feels like a big step, but as soon as you stop paying these lot you can then re-gain control. When i discovered the forum i spent about two solid days reading up on the sticky threads and diaries and went for it. I can honestly say the day of cancelling CCCS was the start of the end of this crap.

Stopping payment will set alarm bells off and you will get letters and calls but its a bit like a bottle of pop; fizzing everywhere and then suddenly stops. You will soon realise a lot of them are nothing more than scare tactics.

Best of luck with it and i'll keep my fingers crossed that you and the Mrs make December your last payment.

Cheers
        SA
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclays are the largest funding vehicle to PayPlan - funny how almost all their DMP's end up having interest due at the very end usually with some half baked excuse about the bank not informing them they'd add all these thousands of interest at the end - yea right, whatever you say

Avoid ALL debt management plans unless it is a DIY one which costs nothing and means 100% of what you pay in will be paid towards your debt.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think the best thing you can do at the moment is to try and distance yourself away from past court experiences. As has already been mentioned, you are in rented accommodation now so there is very little that creditors/DCAs can do to you and I doubt it would be worth their while taking you to court now anyway. If they think that you fear this scenario, they will play on it but once they realise you're getting advice, they should drop it and become a tad more polite

In my opinion, £350 a month in payments is way too high anyway, especially when interest/charges are still being added. What's the point? I have been in greater debt than you while owning property, paid one helluva lot less on a huge one, nothing on the rest and had no court summons issued at all..... Learning to fight back makes you stronger and wiser. Sometimes it makes you angry and it definitely sets you free.

New year; new plan of action, one step at a time. DMPs are dressed up to look like they help people by getting other people to handle payments for you but in reality, they don't. My fiend's DMP was creaming 30% off her payments for itself.... but cancelling it was easy.

She's paid nothing to any of her creditors since because no-one can find any paperwork....
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Thank you SA Gold.
              I will let you all know when we cancel the DMP. I will have a look at your UE diary too.
              kind regards
              Max

Comment

Thank you Priority One.
                We will be cancelling DMP after x-mas and out of the £350 per month about £40 goes to payplan for insurance in case we lose our jobs so payments would continue.
                I am getting angry as I feel that I have been stupid and a total mug. All the advice I have been given by you fantastic guys/gals has started to get me thinking differently. I am feeling stronger, getting ready to fight and to stop being a mug.
                Priority One I will definitely be using your mantra when contacting creditors in the new year.

Comment

Max.

You are no mug. We have all been there and kick ourselves. What is worth remembering is there are many many vested interests that feed off debt.

Society in general is brainwashed into thinking we should do the right thing. Which is????

Use both sides of the toilet paper, pay every last penny to companies who care not one jot if you cant feed yourself or your family, companies who wont even do the dirty work so form an Industry designed to intimidate and harras and bully people who are and feel ashamed of being in a place that these companies put us. So much so that some take an option that they should never even have contemplated if any of these companies were fair or reasonable.

Listen to the guys on here. Sadly it actually starts to become fun as you stick it to them now and again. Bliss is a complaint that removes wonga from a DCA's bank account. I never thought we could do it but we have now since joining here.

Your in safe hands if you hang around read lots join in and most of all listen. You will be amazed what experience has been assembled on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                    Thank you Priority One.
                    We will be cancelling DMP after x-mas and out of the £350 per month about £40 goes to payplan for insurance in case we lose our jobs so payments would continue.
                    I am getting angry as I feel that I have been stupid and a total mug. All the advice I have been given by you fantastic guys/gals has started to get me thinking differently. I am feeling stronger, getting ready to fight and to stop being a mug.
                    Priority One I will definitely be using your mantra when contacting creditors in the new year.
                    Max, what is this insurance meant to cover if you lose your jobs; what does it promise to pay out?

I'm not a great fan of these to be honest and if you're intending to leave the DMP side of Payplan, it would be wise to think about moving away entirely so that you can close the door on this lot completely.
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

It promises to pay the DMP monthly for up to 12 months for one of us if we lose our job but being honest I have not read the small print.

Comment

It promises to pay the DMP monthly for up to 12 months for one of us if we lose our job but being honest I have not read the small print.
                        Hmmm.... not much point keeping that if you intend on coming out of the DMP though. I would suggest you make a complete break when you decide to stop the DMP and if you need to make your own one at a later date, we can then help you do it. That way, you will remain in control of everything.

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Thanks for your advice Ken100464. I am listening, reading and planning what to do based on the fantastic advice given.
                          I am grateful to you all and I am moved by how much help /advice /support has been offered since joining only a few days ago. I hope I can give something back in the future.
                          regards
                          Max

Comment

An Insurance Company gives you an umbrella when the sun shines and takes it away when it rains.

Comment

Thank you SA Gold.
                              You are welcome Max. The forum and website is a fountain of knowledge mate, it really is. I never try to force people in to making decisions but rather present things the way i see it. I can honestly say the methods i see on here are spot on! But you and the Mrs need to see that for yourself so you are comfortable with it.

I will let you all know when we cancel the DMP. I will have a look at your UE diary too.
                              Max
                              Looking at the diaries is an excellent way of getting a feel of what will happen when you (hopefully!) cancel the plan. You will note a lot of letters from creditors and collection agencies are nothing more than a bag of wind!
                              The thing is with the DMP's is they seem the "right" thing to do, or at least at the time. You start to struggle to pay the original creditor, they start spitting poison at you and then letters turn up suggesting who to contact for help.
                              You speak to someone friendly and before you know it you are paying them every month. Sad thing is, the payments will often never end! Also, they are very keen to send income and expentiture sheets out with the aim of getting you to pay more.
                              I've also had first hand experience of some bad pieces of advice from them. They are alledgly working on the fence; for you and the creditor although not really helping you in the long run - only you can do that, but thats where this amazing forum will help you.

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                              Listen to the guys on here. Sadly it actually starts to become fun as you stick it to them now and again. Bliss is a complaint that removes wonga from a DCA's bank account. I never thought we could do it but we have now since joining here.
                              Your in safe hands if you hang around read lots join in and most of all listen. You will be amazed what experience has been assembled on this site.
                              Totally agree with that statement.
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Hi Max

Just thought I'd chip in my personal opinion here as someone who was on a self managed DMP only to ditch the payments 18 months ago and have since not paid a creditor anything.

Why?

Well to be blunt being on a DMP didn't actually resolve anything - debtors still harassed me, called me at work, I even had two creditors 'misplace' payments.

So I thought "to hell with this" and stopped the payments. Since then I have pulled creditors up on conduct of harassment, breaches of the Unfair Relationship Provisions of the CCA, Unlawful interest/charges not to mention those debts that are UE.

Like you I tried to do things the 'reasonable' and 'ethical' way, only to be treated so badly I decided to fight back.

By the sounds of things your creditors have pretty much done the worst to you that they can - which is get Charging Orders and then stress you to the point you felt the only route was to sell. My regret for you is that you didn't find that site earlier.

I genuinely don't think they can do much more harm to you and can only encourage you to stand up and fight back. It DOES empower you, and you WILL feel better about yourself, and you WILL get through the process with a much improved appreciation of how these big companies behave (or misbehave as the case may be).

Best of luck

SnV
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X